Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ridiculously over the top reaction to the article. Yes, the article was misjudged, insensitive and unachievable but a one tweet takedown of it would have sufficed. What an idiot she is, she has likened poverty to child abuse with those tweets, not the original article

Reactions: 7
76B7CABE-624D-493D-9FD2-78D97AC4DC21.png

the only reason he is getting attention is because of her drawing it that way.

at no point is he recommending anyone does this £10 and through the different shops he notes that it is about seeing what bargains are to be had in supermarkets. It isn’t a great article by any means but suggesting he is like a nazi death camp officer is a bit of a stretch.

And also the supermarkets are probably all quite happy about their bargains being shared extensively.

Reactions: 10
'Literally recommended life threatening levels of starvation for children '
Like Jack did?

Reactions: 20
It sounds like she is too scared to give Jack a kicking about the how I fed 3 greedy people for £20 and still had plenty left to batch cook articles, so picks on someone else.

Really coming across as the playground gobshite bully who is only slightly less thick than her followers.

Reactions: 12
She is now sharing links to actual murder cases where children have been starved. As if that supports her rants about this non-story. Imagine googling awful neglect and child abuse cases, purely to use them as a stick to beat someone for being a crap journalist. Really grim.

If she had any shred of decency, and intelligent consideration, all these comments would be perfect if aimed at her favourite pov queen and meat eating vegan, especially as she is working out the calories of everything and shouting about them.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
She is trying to make a causual link between living on a low income and children dying of deliberate and sustained neglect? To make a pointless point.

I haven't and won't read her social media accounts, but she sounds like a thick twit.

Reactions: 13
Ridiculously over the top reaction to the article. Yes, the article was misjudged, insensitive and unachievable but a one tweet takedown of it would have sufficed. What an idiot she is, she has likened poverty to child abuse with those tweets, not the original article
Eek just had a look at her twitter. The comparisons to child abuse and Nazi death camps are bonkers.
Does she seriously think most people are so dim and gullible they believe you can feed a family of four properly for a week for £10?
They don't. Nobody does. It wasn't a government manifesto, it was a silly article that should have quietly died a death but she is on her high horse and making it her *thing*.
Absolutely desparate for attention. Not going to happen unless a thread here counts.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I mean let’s be real unless you’re talking about appliances from the 50s/60s most things are designed with an inbuilt redundancy now. They also tend to come with 5-10 year guarantees as that’s roughly the lifetime you can expect out of them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It would cost more to repair some items than just to buy them new, especially when you consider the fab secondary market? Eg your fridge from the 90s breaks. You can either source parts online for £20-40, wait a week for them to come, then an engineer for £60-70 p/h and spend all that money up front without the guarantee of it being fixed, and the knowledge another thing could break in the next few months/years or you can go on Facebook marketplace and find a new one for £50? Or your local no buy site if you’ve got a few weeks wiggle room? Even the big brands that claim to be built to last are fucked, we have a Smeg oven (fancy!) that I obliterated using the pyro cleaning mode and tbh the cost of that repair was likely equal to sourcing one second hand and having it fitted. You live and learn! 😬 (don’t use self clean mode x)
I don’t understand what point she’s trying to make about the manuals. Does she have loads of electrical and white goods she’s lugged about from place to place or something, because when I was renting that kind of stuff was part of the rental. And why’s she so angry that other people store manuals differently e.g. online? It’s just not that important.
It’s baffling.

I believe that she is trying to be a sort of weird hybrid of Jack and Jane Godley - a sort of potty mouthed, don’t give a tit, tell it like it is, warts and all campaigner. Without the slop or any humour whatsoever. So, when she goes off on one, she is trying to be all billy big bollocks, I’m hard as nails, me - when in reality, she comes across as slightly stupid, very insensitive and rude and verging on a fantasist, with her “marching down to the school to destroy Nazi dad” whilst simultaneously being bed ridden and in a wheelchair.

I wouldn’t give her the time of day, if it wasn’t for catching the driving fine grift. On top of the GoFundMe . Now, I feel duty bound to at least counter her narrative by recording her nonsense and contradictions, if only so a keen Googler might stumble here before “chipping in” for the next woe is me incident.

she's ridiculous. the "lunches" photo got traction (it was appalling, tbf) so she thinks that she's an activist now and that "lobbying" is twitter threads

she's literally learned everything from jack

anyhoo, was just going to look back on her tweets to get my thoughts on the Iceland thing, but her latest are like excuse me what??? I thought she was a big advocate of not judging people

I mean, what if the middle class cyclists were aiming for the cruising hangout! none of your business love!

Screenshot_20210821-221057_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
How vile she is. I begin to like Jack in comparison.
Oh yes, gay cruising locations are really really dangerous...(sarcasm).
The controversial but often great Julie Burchill once commented on a moral panic debate about cruising spots and the apparent linked dangers (implying rape) that the issue was comparable to "stealing at an all you can eat buffet".
RSM clearly establishes a link between gay people and criminal behaviour.
And her concentration camp comments are a disgrace. We had that discussion in the JM threads already- it is awful to support your issue in the fashion: x is bad, the Nazis were bad, x is as bad as the Nazis...

Reactions: 14
She really lives dangerously, with her wannabe Kray twin kids and now is hanging out at a gay cruising spot for unknown reasons!

I think the feed a family for £10 article was ridiculous but as usual, RM has gone way over the top. I do think these types of articles are damaging since (like Jack and her fake £20 shops) it feeds into the narrative of the poor only being poor because they can't budget properly.

Reactions: 10
The article was a bit daft but to be fair the papers run these type of articles quite a lot. In this one, he did say that he didn’t have enough for lunches. And it came across as a bit of a plug for supermarket own brands. He didn’t say “this is what you must feed your kids!!”. And he’s not doing anything different from the sainted Jack Monroe, whose meals provide a truly pathetic amount of calories and nutrition if you follow her instructions (she often says “feeds 4” when there are only 2 portions at a push).

But RSM can’t leave this alone and is still badgering the author of the article. She’s now talking of reporting him to the police for incitement to child neglect.

Surely I’m not the only one that thinks this is a bit much?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
The article was a bit daft but to be fair the papers run these type of articles quite a lot. In this one, he did say that he didn’t have enough for lunches. And it came across as a bit of a plug for supermarket own brands. He didn’t say “this is what you must feed your kids!!”. And he’s not doing anything different from the sainted Jack Monroe, whose meals provide a truly pathetic amount of calories and nutrition if you follow her instructions (she often says “feeds 4” when there are only 2 portions at a push).

But RSM can’t leave this alone and is still badgering the author of the article. She’s now talking of reporting him to the police for incitement to child neglect.

RSM is missing the point he isn’t giving advice he isn’t inciting child neglect

RSM is no longer relevant to the FSM debate so IMO is trying to find a new soapbox

The article is poor but her reaction is all about look at me

Reactions: 16
I did notice that at some point in that thread she re-posted the FSM pic from last year. That is her claim to fame and she’s simply trying to resurrect it and bring the attention back to her. The usual attention-seeking “how can I make this ALL ABOUT MEEEE??” crap.
But she’s crossed the line into bullying regarding this particular author IMO. He’s pretty young, only graduated this summer and has been in his job for 2 months. He works for a small local paper - he’s not exactly political editor at the Times. The article is a bit silly but it’s no different from hundreds of other articles doing the same thing which we see in papers every week.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

If anything the writer almost has a case against her for targeted harassment. It’s ridiculous how much she is over reacting.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I hope RM is writing a separate - but linked letter - to the Police citing her BFF Jack Monroe's body of work as also incitement to child abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If I had no money to feed my children and I saw her tweets I'd be feeling pretty lousy about my parenting abilities. That a poverty awareness campaigner is taking this route is really cruel and judgemental and does nothing to help anyone

Reactions: 12
Eek just had a look at her twitter. The comparisons to child abuse and Nazi death camps are bonkers.
Does she seriously think most people are so dim and gullible they believe you can feed a family of four properly for a week for £10?
They don't. Nobody does. It wasn't a government manifesto, it was a silly article that should have quietly died a death but she is on her high horse and making it her *thing*.
Absolutely desparate for attention. Not going to happen unless a thread here counts.
Wasn't that a similar comparison that Jack made with the school? Sorry if its been mentioned, catching up here!

Reactions: 9
Wasn't that a similar comparison that Jack made with the school? Sorry if its been mentioned, catching up here!
Yes - because invoking them is a shock tactic for these ghouls.

She has had “Another day, another incident”. Honestly, I am not bedbound with severe chronic illness, or requiring a hoist and wheelchair to leave the house in my car - and I have never had as many incidents as this woman when out and about. It’s mind boggling - maybe she lives, Trueman style, on the set of a soap opera.

As usual, can’t be bothered to share the whole sorry thread. There is also a massive, ridiculous and pointless argument with a broadly supportive squig that is just politely mentioning RM might be a bit overboard. Again, the thread is too tiresome, but the squigs public response is amusing enough to share.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.