Roadside Mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't see the in-app tip function, am I missing it?
It’s on Twitter, Jack Monroe has it activated, I haven’t seen anyone else do it but if you click through it says Jack Monroe, *her location* when you go to send. I’d imagine RSM found a service where you could receive tips anonymously…

Reactions: 6
It’s on Twitter, Jack Monroe has it activated, I haven’t seen anyone else do it but if you click through it says Jack Monroe, *her location* when you go to send. I’d imagine RSM found a service where you could receive tips anonymously…
Oh right, I thought you mean it was on RM's. Weird, I can't see it on Mx Monroe's either. Must be my phone or something. Cheers

Reactions: 4
Oh right, I thought you mean it was on RM's. Weird, I can't see it on Mx Monroe's either. Must be my phone or something. Cheers
Are you on Android? I think this happened on Jack’s thread, it appears to be an iOS app feature only 🥴

Reactions: 5
From the well received Jan 2020 thread about the people making up GRT community/ies, a little off-shoot in May 20. It both follows the playbook and is the playbook
Had to go find this one for myself.

Did you mean to scribble out RSM's profile pic and tag in the third screenshot where she talks about 'Karenism but make it woke' by the way?

Very aggressive / defensive.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
From the well received Jan 2020 thread about the people making up GRT community/ies, a little off-shoot in May 20. It both follows the playbook and is the playbook
"Your arrogance is staggering" said the pot to the kettle 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Had to go find this one for myself.

Did you mean to scribble out RSM's profile pic and tag in the third screenshot where she talks about 'Karenism but make it woke' by the way?

Very aggressive / defensive.
Oops, no. I'll edit. Thanks

Correction, I crossed out RM as if she was a replier, pls see replacement screenshot

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Sorry, I refuse to believe anyone other than Jack would recall eighteen years of eggings. Also I'm going to start using her phrases for shutting down conversations on my cat when she's being a dick. Plucking up the carpet? THERE WILL BE EXTENDED CONSEQUENCES. Meowing for no reason in the middle of the night? DO NOT SPEAK TO ME AGAIN. Using my debit card to purchase secondhand cat toys on ebay? DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
ETA: NEVERMIND THAT THOUGH @Pollypops oh my gosh, spill the (rinsed) beans if you can!!
I met her a few years ago - way before the food bank stuff - and the Jack parallels are really interesting. She’s definitely nowhere near as confrontational or angry irl which is a theme on the Jack threads. After we met I followed her on Twitter for a while but had to unfollow for the same reason I unfollowed Jack - the endless stream of sad fishing, woe is me and the increasingly implausible stuff that happened so regularly.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Regarding health issues, I don't think anyone here would mock someone's health issues, even if we suspect they may be bullshit?? I do think it's fair to point out contradictions however or when things seem 'off', I mean, that's partly why we're here discussing someone in the first place?
Yeah, the contradictions is key I think.

To use a daft example, if someone is claiming they had their appendix out at 16 but then suddenly claims appendicitis, absolutely fair/needed to call that out, but if it's Brian who has never mentioned theirs before saying it, take it on trust etc. Despite what influencers like to claim, tattle has always been really good for this.

This is probably showing my own bias, but the revelation the youngest children are girls makes the fact she's called them the Krays even more confusing to me! (I'd thought it was bizarre even with boys)

Reactions: 14
Sorry, I refuse to believe anyone other than Jack would recall eighteen years of eggings. Also I'm going to start using her phrases for shutting down conversations on my cat when she's being a dick. Plucking up the carpet? THERE WILL BE EXTENDED CONSEQUENCES. Meowing for no reason in the middle of the night? DO NOT SPEAK TO ME AGAIN. Using my debit card to purchase secondhand cat toys on ebay? DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT.
Please make your cat some pyjamas, please

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh no seriously? Does she live in olde Dickensian times? And where do the hoover parts fit in?
The thread is long and elaborates, I think.

It's funny that they needed "nails" given the recent fingernail beautification, tho I know RM means hardware 😁

I met her a few years ago - way before the food bank stuff - and the Jack parallels are really interesting. She’s definitely nowhere near as confrontational or angry irl which is a theme on the Jack threads. After we met I followed her on Twitter for a while but had to unfollow for the same reason I unfollowed Jack - the endless stream of sad fishing, woe is me and the increasingly implausible stuff that happened so regularly.

@Pollypops how did you know it was RM?

Oh no seriously? Does she live in olde Dickensian times? And where do the hoover parts fit in?
Perhaps they were shoeing horses. Which reminds me of this

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
@Pollypops how did you know it was RM
We were introduced via Twitter and met in person - but honestly, if I hadn’t met her I really would think her and Jack were one and the same. I’d go into more detail but I really wouldn’t be surprised if she lurks on here - maybe she’ll do a Jack one day and turn up unannounced (before going for a piss and a sandwich - those were the days 😂)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
So she’s not a bloke?! What the fuckkkkk? What’s the deal with being a traveller/not and the minted ex? And the Crystal meth lol

• Haha
Reactions: 13
We were introduced via Twitter and met in person - but honestly, if I hadn’t met her I really would think her and Jack were one and the same. I’d go into more detail but I really wouldn’t be surprised if she lurks on here - maybe she’ll do a Jack one day and turn up unannounced (before going for a piss and a sandwich - those were the days 😂)
Ok well feel free to ignore questions as obviously you don’t want to out yourself, but tell us stuff!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
We were introduced via Twitter and met in person...
I'm absolutely amazed. It's as if you've conjured a character from the pages of a book. I won't bother you with questions and if you knew what strength that takes, you'd DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.