Roadside Mum #6 It is immoral to charge me for my own victimisation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's acting like she'd be euthanized as a matter of urgency if assisted dying was brought in.

Is there any evidence at all to support this position that she is claiming?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
She's acting like she'd be euthanized as a matter of urgency if assisted dying was brought in.

Of course not. There are people who've publicly worried about whether people with disabilities or chronic illnesses will be made more vulnerable if assisted dying becomes legal. But that's only part of a very complicated debate. I don't fully understand what the Canadians have done with their fairly new law but I am 100% certain that Louisa doesn't either.

Reactions: 9

Yes, I’ve requested it. Euthanise RSM not because she’s disabled, but because she’s just horrible to everyone. (No of course I don’t want her dead, I want her to do better) Just kidding, Justin Trudeau wrote into Canadian Law that it’s off with Louisa’s head ASAP, pass it on!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes, I’ve requested it. Euthanise RSM not because she’s disabled, but because she’s just horrible to everyone. (No of course I don’t want her dead, I want her to do better) Just kidding, Justin Trudeau wrote into Canadian Law that it’s off with Louisa’s head ASAP, pass it on!
Are you also employed by |Tufton St @HotesTilaire?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Of course not. There are people who've publicly worried about whether people with disabilities or chronic illnesses will be made more vulnerable if assisted dying becomes legal. But that's only part of a very complicated debate. I don't fully understand what the Canadians have done with their fairly new law but I am 100% certain that Louisa doesn't either.
I think what they’re all missing, including Louisa, is that it’s a choice.

You don’t see them up in arms about people being able to eg choose to decline chemotherapy even though the end result is exactly the same - an “earlier” death.

You only have to look at some of the controversy over the liverpool care pathway, the DNR paperwork and other similar things to see the worry about vulnerable/disabled people being disproportionately targeted is already totally prevalent here and in Canada too I’m sure. Anything can be used by unscrupulous people to target someone, but it doesn’t mean that the choice should be taken away from those who are able to make it.

Reactions: 11
The trouble is that Louisa is really quite thick and defensive. She does not have the wit or ability to argue her point in an intelligent, listening fashion.
Plus as has been suggested she often comes across as drunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I heard he’s trained a crack team of Moose to trample her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
The Mountie is a specially recruited Upper Class English person, who willlook down on RSM and decide whether she lives or dies

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She's still going. Trigger warning for continued discussion of death. Also, my irony-meter just exploded. Bonus points for RSM admitting that she thinks Christianity is the only religion that believes in God.

Screenshot_20230925_133533_X.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_133557_X.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_133606_X.jpg
Screenshot_20230925_133614_X.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Can't help thinking that a person with disabling chronic fatigue would be wise to reserve their finite energies for getting through the important stuff of life. Endless squabbling on social media can't be helpful in terms of adrenaline and cortisol balances in the body. She must surely exhaust herself, God knows, I find her wearying.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.