Roadside Mum #6 It is immoral to charge me for my own victimisation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anything ever go right for this perpetual victim?

The story stinks. Maybe I'm wrong but do bank fraud teams have the time to be ringing people up? I'm with nationwide and they're very cautious but they just block my card if they suspect fraud. I'm the one that has to ring them to sort it, they don't call me.

Maybe she has legitimately been scammed? And if so, that's called karma.
It was a while ago it happened to me admittedly, but TSB definitely called me. An automated call asking me to contact them which I then did.

Reactions: 4
Fair enough. I was just wondering if this fraud department calling her were actually scammers.
Nah, it was the bank / credit card. The other thing that has just occurred to me is there are specific websites that are flagged as those used by card thieves. Card thieves will try and buy phones / tablets as they are easy to sell on if in an unopened box. Comically for RM, using a reputable website might be what has caused the call. Happened to the Mother trying to buy an iPad as she was jealous of mine.

And think to her recent move. She'll either have changed the address last week then tried to buy an easy sell on, high value item, or she's not changed it so trying to get delivery of said item to an address that isn't the card holders.

No doubt the fact they hung up on her was because of her language and behaviour. She isn't bright enough to have a good argument with customer services without raising her voice or swearing. It's unfortunate but imagine the reaction if she was scammed and the bank hadn't tried to stop it!

TSB: told them I was going to Australia and would use my card. It was declined at point of use, the middle of the UK night, so they phoned me in the UK daytime to discuss. Needless to say they got a bit of a rant but no swearing or raised voice.

Reactions: 5
I feel the same about sausage rolls, tbh. My internal expectation is AUD 2.50 but they're upwards of $3.70! OUTRAGEOUS. So I just don't buy 'em. I do not feel like a child.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She really does think she is a true wit and raconteur doesn’t she. I don’t think I have ever come across a less funny bunch than these leftie scrounging wankers (Jack is exactly the same). Quite literally no real sense of humour.
---
Oh - and usual, she is being catty (and a twit) to someone that wasn’t even talking to her…and ended up saying sorry and showing sympathy. At this point I don’t know is she is followed by kind but gullible folk or downright idiots.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Sadly rather early for a thread title.
No, it's not too early. Different thread from Jack Monroe: let's make our own rules!

Apart from the drama of internal expectation, the innuendo is so very funny. Thread title YEAH!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Only on Twitter to faceless social media folk - in real life you scurry past meekly with your head down, scared the brown man in a kebab shop might sideways glance at you, or a charity chugger might be a tad too enthusiastic…..until you get back to your car/home then multi tweet rants for money about it. We see you RSM.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
she’s like the human equivalent of one of those mugs that says ‘DON’T TALK TO ME UNTIL I’VE HAD MY COFFEE’ or ‘i’m only a witch on days ending in y’. so try-hard 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Only on Twitter to faceless social media folk - in real life you scurry past meekly with your head down, scared the brown man in a kebab shop might sideways glance at you, or a charity chugger might be a tad too enthusiastic…..until you get back to your car/home then multi tweet rants for money about it. We see you RSM.

Course you do.

All in that Home Counties accent.

• Haha
I'm actually embarassed for her tbh 😂
This is tragic.

• Haha
  • Heart
latest rambling thread (still ongoing) is absolutely insane

she's taken herself and naughtiest to "not technically a soup kitchen", seemingly to sit and judge people

she's describing people as "dirty", "rough", having a "basic wheelchair" or "standard nhs crutches". some staff are described as having learning difficulties and apparently one "stank"

she's just appalling

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
latest rambling thread (still ongoing) is absolutely insane

she's taken herself and naughtiest to "not technically a soup kitchen", seemingly to sit and judge people

she's describing people as "dirty", "rough", having a "basic wheelchair" or "standard nhs crutches". some staff are described as having learning difficulties and apparently one "stank"

she's just appalling
Omg what the hell is wrong with her? Just dreadful. Smelly pockmarked rough people. She and her daughter just sat there gawping at them like it's a zoo. Why is she at a soup kitchen anyway?

Screenshot_20230607_172916.jpg

Screenshot_20230607_172835.jpg

Just a couple of the dozen appalling tweets.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
This is hardly the worst thing she said, but what on earth is wrong with NHS crutches?

After all she said about being judged at that club she sent the kids to she should hang her head in shame talking about other people like she is. Absolute witch.

Reactions: 13
100% pray she’s outed herself and local Scottish people drive her out the country

Reactions: 13
oh, it's all in the name of illustrating "complex and layered socioeconomic disadvantages"

so that makes it ok to go and gawp at people like they're inmates at bedlam and report back to twitter then

IMG_20230607_181157.jpg

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.