Roadside Mum #6 It is immoral to charge me for my own victimisation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is hardly the worst thing she said, but what on earth is wrong with NHS crutches?

After all she said about being judged at that club she sent the kids to she should hang her head in shame talking about other people like she is. Absolute witch.
I’ve just read that whole thread three times. What the actual F.
100% pray she’s outed herself and local Scottish people drive her out the country
I hope so too.

—-

Looks like she hasn’t sent N to school yet. No mention of LO in the thread.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I’ve just read that whole thread three times. What the actual F.
I hope so too.

—-

Looks like she hasn’t sent N to school yet. No mention of LO in the thread.
I can’t imagine she’ll bother sending them to school before they go back in August (which in fairness I suspect many normal parents would also wait for)

Reactions: 4
I can’t imagine she’ll bother sending them to school before they go back in August (which in fairness I suspect many normal parents would also wait for)
Agree it wouldn't be unreasonable to wait till August. Just wondering where LO was

Edit. But sending them to school even if only for three weeks might let them get the lay of the land/find a few playmates for over the holidays
---
Eh? I don’t get this logic re Magenta.
IMG_2605.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
And she was entrusted by Unbound with the stories of people genuinely affected by poverty?

I wonder what the writers who submitted work make of her disgusting attitude?

She's a sentient mumsnet thread.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Agree it wouldn't be unreasonable to wait till August. Just wondering where LO was

Edit. But sending them to school even if only for three weeks might let them get the lay of the land/find a few playmates for over the holidays
---
Eh? I don’t get this logic re Magenta. View attachment 2224013
LO was probably at home reading war and peace/actually watching YouTube and thanking god for some peace and not being made to watch people and judge them 😂.

I also have no idea what is apparently so significant about magenta… Mr B reckons one of the Scottish teams away strips is magenta, it’ll probably turn it out it was a football kit and the Most Scottish RoadsideMum just didn’t recognise it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
apparently, the baby's mother's "oversized hoodie" that she was "lost in" was also magenta 🤷

still don't know what's wrong with a magenta baby vest (what is that btw? baby grow?) though

Reactions: 8
apparently, the baby's mother's "oversized hoodie" that she was "lost in" was also magenta 🤷

still don't know what's wrong with a magenta baby vest (what is that btw? baby grow?) though
Says Taylor who is rocking a dress just a shade less pinky than the fabled magenta!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Screenshot_20230608_123355_Chrome.jpg

---
Screenshot_20230608_131206_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230608_131221_Chrome.jpg

I think she thinks she's really struck the right note

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I think the comments here have struck a nerve however she prefers to double down on her offensive and poorly written thread.

It's the people she has described a rough, stinking, and ruined - all for an attempt at twitter clout - that I feel sorry for.

Going back to her thread, I picked up on the fact she says that because they are Christian they fit in at this soup kitchen esque place as it has a Christian ethos. I think that says a lot about her world view as even where I am, everyone, Christian or not, is welcome and encouraged to attend if they need to.

Reactions: 13
I think the comments here have struck a nerve however she prefers to double down on her offensive and poorly written thread.

It's the people she has described a rough, stinking, and ruined - all for an attempt at twitter clout - that I feel sorry for.

Going back to her thread, I picked up on the fact she says that because they are Christian they fit in at this soup kitchen esque place as it has a Christian ethos. I think that says a lot about her world view as even where I am, everyone, Christian or not, is welcome and encouraged to attend if they need to.
A lot of churches run foodbanks because Jesus says that if you feed a hungry person, you're effectively feeding him, and from a practical point of view they very often have a large church hall or other space which can be used to run the foodbank from, but it's the people who run the foodbank are Christian, it's not a requirement of the customer base.

🍉back when I was v religious I used to volunteer at the foodbank round the corner from me. It was run by the Catholic church, but a significant proportion of our clientele were Muslim and religion absolutely did not come into any of the work the foodbank did apart from it was in the church hall so there were some religious statues and a crucifix about the place. We also had a sheet with the details of the foodbanks run by a couple of local mosques, the Gurdwara and different Christian denominations so if people were genuinely uncomfortable we made sure they were aware of the other options.

The church was open for prayer when the foodbank was open but the church is open for prayer all the time anyway, so that was more of a coincidence than anything.

She's such a judgemental cow.

• Heart
I can’t believe she is having another crack at trying to get that going viral - it’s utterly cringeworthy.

It also shows her abject middle class white conservative, Home Counties background in spades. I live in an East Mids ex-mining / textile manufacturing area that has disproportionately high disabled/sick people (genuine ones) in spades - racked with all the health issues that you can imagine target aging, unemployed or retired ex-industry workers, and eroded job market for the younger ones. Guess what - the foodbanks/contact support centres are not run by middle class Christian do-gooders. In fact, the closer to Nottingham you get, the more diverse the support network gets with some in town exclusively run by temples, mosques and in support of and by the Asian and black communities. I imagine it would be the same in Brum.

She is a parochial fantasist and it’s about time Unbound dispensed of her services and refunded their supporters - because this is showing RoadsideMum aka Louisa Britain for exactly the poverty tourist she actually is - and the fraud that is One in Five.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've just seen that thread. Nasty, patronising, look what a good writer and deep thinker I am bollocks.

Just awful

Reactions: 16
Guess what - the foodbanks/contact support centres are not run by middle class Christian do-gooders. In fact, the closer to Nottingham you get, the more diverse the support network gets with some in town exclusively run by temples, mosques and in support of and by the Asian and black communities. I imagine it would be the same in Brum.
Where I am (deprived inner London borough) it's the same. Foodbanks are run by any organisation that has the space to store supplies of food and to welcome clients and help them.

The majority of them are religious organisations, but also non-religious community centres. The community centre might be run for and by the local Black or Asian population but they extend their foodbank provision to anyone who needs it. There's also a lot of cross-organisation aid and support, so a local church that doesn't have the space to run a foodbank itself will hold collections for the mosque down the road that does.

Reactions: 9
It isn't often that my jaw drops when scrolling through Twitter (following both RSM and Jack appears to have desensitised me to displays of cuntery) but that thread...bleeping hell.

This grifting poverty tourist sitting there in judgment ("out of place" i.e. it's very important for me to establish that I'm not like these other, lesser service users), taking notes on people's clothes, their hair, whether they have learning difficulties, the price/quality of their mobility aids, which of them "didn't appear to be living with a disability" (clearly the concept of invisible disabilities doesn't exist to her) and to apparently not realise how utterly offensive and tone deaf it reads is just astounding.

Louisa, on the off-chance you're reading this - if you have the time and energy to type up this load of tripe, you have the time and energy to FINISH THE BLOODY 'ZINE.

Edit: actually, scrap that last point, several of you have made the very good point that she shouldn't be anywhere near a book of other people's poverty stories if this is the kind of writing she deems appropriate. Unbound should cancel the book and pay all the contributors who entrusted this absolute weapon with their experiences.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
It isn't often that my jaw drops when scrolling through Twitter (following both RSM and Jack appears to have desensitised me to displays of cuntery) but that thread...bleeping hell.

This grifting poverty tourist sitting there in judgment ("out of place" i.e. it's very important for me to establish that I'm not like these other, lesser service users), taking notes on people's clothes, their hair, whether they have learning difficulties, the price/quality of their mobility aids, which of them "didn't appear to be living with a disability" (clearly the concept of invisible disabilities doesn't exist to her) and to apparently not realise how utterly offensive and tone deaf it reads is just astounding.

Louisa, on the off-chance you're reading this - if you have the time and energy to type up this load of tripe, you have the time and energy to FINISH THE BLOODY 'ZINE.

Edit: actually, scrap that last point, several of you have made the very good point that she shouldn't be anywhere near a book of other people's poverty stories if this is the kind of writing she deems appropriate. Unbound should cancel the book and pay all the contributors who entrusted this absolute weapon with their experiences.
It was ghastly wasn't it?
I read it a couple of times not sure it wasn't a parody tbh.
The descriptions of the great unwashed pathetically gathered for their meagre rations, served to them by well meaning ineffectual do gooders with shirt collars over their jumpers (this seemed to irk our social commentator for some reason).

Screenshot_20230608_094844.jpg

How dare she go to a new location in a new country and sit and poke fun at them all. Ending up 'This is Britain 2023' as if she had uncovered some great truth.

At least she realised the horrible important thread wasn't going viral as she had hoped 😂

Screenshot_20230608_094912.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
I'm sure we can all remember numerous occasions when she felt judged for her appearance and disability eg that poor man in the coffee shop trying to make room for her wheelchair. Yet she is fine to make lots of vile 'observations'.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.