Roadside Mum #6 It is immoral to charge me for my own victimisation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wowzers, I haven't been on this thread for a while and I can't believe she. is. still. going.
I don't think I have ever come across a more unpleasant, charmless, joyless person- what I don't understand is why do so many people respond to her so kindly and generously?
They seem to believe that disabled person = nice person. And then have to virtue signal this by being pro disabled/lgbtqia+ and vocally anti Tory.

Reactions: 5
They're so impressed by her vocabulary the people "definately" capitulate.

Screenshot_20230601_200824_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230601_200855_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230601_200912_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230601_200936_Chrome.jpg

The most fun is that at any moment Roadsidemum will say she spells definitely incorrectly to rile the trolls, a la Jack Monroe THANKYOU and IRREGARDLESS

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They seem to believe that disabled person = nice person. And then have to virtue signal this by being pro disabled/lgbtqia+ and vocally anti Tory.
I think it’s also partly that middle class Twitter like to adopt a pet povvo, something that Monroe also plays to the max with everything she’s worth. I don’t think anyone who follows RM thinks she’s a nice person but it’s ok to be a nasty, vile bleep if you’re perceived as a poor person who wants to stick it to the Tories.

Reactions: 11
Roadsidemum Louisa Britain has updated her location
Screenshot_20230604_175517_Chrome.jpg

I've updated her bio
Screenshot_20230604_175553_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Alt text image description on point.
1685951885823.png

I know everyone deserves nice things and can and should be able to spend their money how they like but that gin is £25-£30 a bottle and the wine is £11. I can't find the cider on Trolley but a similar one from the same brand is £4.19. Also going to assume there's £4.75 of premium mixers out of shot, because you don't buy craft gin and a litre bottle of Schweppes.

1685952345613.png

1685952451929.png

1685952592489.png

1685952729569.png

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Treat night at Louisa's! Hope it was fun! You suck, Louisa! Yay, Summer!

• Haha
It’s ok - by telling everyone her phone was dangerous and then acting all shocked I’ve the cost of a new one, there would have been a few pennies from the Paypigs so no benefits would have been wasted.

Wonder how many of her friends and enemies were getting smashed last night - not that many I imagine because, you know, work. Btw - how is the zine going, scrounger?

incidentally - these two posts are not related and there will be a flare post very very soon.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It’s ok - by telling everyone her phone was dangerous and then acting all shocked I’ve the cost of a new one, there would have been a few pennies from the Paypigs so no benefits would have been wasted.

Wonder how many of her friends and enemies were getting smashed last night - not that many I imagine because, you know, work. Btw - how is the zine going, scrounger?

incidentally - these two posts are not related and there will be a flare post very very soon.
Maybe 1-in-5 is her gin:tonic ratio.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I am absolutely shocked I tell you that something has gone wrong when she’s tried to buy her new phone meaning she is now both phoneless and hundreds of pounds in a hole. Shocked!!

• Haha
That's ... not how card fraud teams or credit card transactions or Shopify or any of this works, is it?
She's just popped up on my timeline on Twitter even though I thought I blocked her as even seeing 1 tweet a week was too much for me. She is like a dementor, sucking the joy out of life. So I speed read the thread and here I am.

No, it shouldn't be! Assuming the site is reputable, then the transaction will have gone through. Within 24 hours, it'll be credited if there is no order. What it sounds like she's done is press refresh on one of those screens that says "do not press back or refresh" so its taken the money conditionally more than once. Shopify and every half decent basket system does deal with this, but not always in real time.

This happened to me in early lockdown. I was buying something from Argos which is horrific site in terms of UI and speed. This will sound a little RM / JM. The cat decided to walk on my laptop and must have stood on F5. I have 2.laptops on desk - work & mine - so she likes to sit on the one I'm not using if both are on as they are warm. She's turned Edge into full screen mode with no menus, and best of all turned off the track pad when I have no external mouse. Anyway. The credit card company (John Lewis) said that were very confident it'd be ok the next day but to contact Argos. I did, they agreed it would resolve itself but if not call back in 3 days and they'd manually refund. Next day, credit appears on my account.

Despite the modern era of instant communication, loads of system still have "overnight jobs" that do hard work while there are no / less users on. Sometimes it is just because the systems on the background are shite. I could name 4 companies you'd all have heard of that are reliant on COBOL even though their web pages look all shiny and modern. I won't, cos I like my job, and perversely enjoy paying my own way in life!

As already diagnosed, sounds like a chance to rattle the tip jar to pay for the gin.

TL/DR she's not exactly lying but she's careless with the truth.

• Heart
I could name 4 companies you'd all have heard of that are reliant on COBOL even though their web pages look all shiny and modern.
Not quite the same but it does remind me that the company I used to work for used Microsoft Access 97 for their job card database right up until they went bust in 2019.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Not quite the same but it does remind me that the company I used to work for used Microsoft Access 97 for their job card database right up until they went bust in 2019.
Shades of Public Health England and using Excel for covid results

• Haha

Our Local Authority still sends spreadsheets in Excel 2007 format because they can't guarantee that all schools will be able to open the files if they're newer than that. The only reason I had 2016 installed last year was because my hard drive corrupted and they couldn't find the backup for 2010 - Access wasn't talking to the SQL database anymore.

Reactions: 8
I can name even more companies who still have an Access database in the background of their IT solution! Again, I like my job so SHAN'T shame them.

Loving the replies where she knows more than anyone ever about it, despite having asked for help. Surely her followers are going up get bored of the drama and drop away? Then she's shouting into a void. Unless the zine becomes an international best seller she's done nothing in 18 months other than me angry on Twitter.

She's just popped up on my timeline on Twitter even though I thought I blocked her as even seeing 1 tweet a week was too much for me. She is like a dementor, sucking the joy out of life. So I speed read the thread and here I am.

No, it shouldn't be! Assuming the site is reputable, then the transaction will have gone through. Within 24 hours, it'll be credited if there is no order. What it sounds like she's done is press refresh on one of those screens that says "do not press back or refresh" so its taken the money conditionally more than once. Shopify and every half decent basket system does deal with this, but not always in real time.

This happened to me in early lockdown. I was buying something from Argos which is horrific site in terms of UI and speed. This will sound a little RM / JM. The cat decided to walk on my laptop and must have stood on F5. I have 2.laptops on desk - work & mine - so she likes to sit on the one I'm not using if both are on as they are warm. She's turned Edge into full screen mode with no menus, and best of all turned off the track pad when I have no external mouse. Anyway. The credit card company (John Lewis) said that were very confident it'd be ok the next day but to contact Argos. I did, they agreed it would resolve itself but if not call back in 3 days and they'd manually refund. Next day, credit appears on my account.

Despite the modern era of instant communication, loads of system still have "overnight jobs" that do hard work while there are no / less users on. Sometimes it is just because the systems on the background are shite. I could name 4 companies you'd all have heard of that are reliant on COBOL even though their web pages look all shiny and modern. I won't, cos I like my job, and perversely enjoy paying my own way in life!

As already diagnosed, sounds like a chance to rattle the tip jar to pay for the gin.

TL/DR she's not exactly lying but she's careless with the truth.
I’d absolutely bet what has happened is after the fraud team called her, the temp authorisation for that payment was then allowed and that’s what she’s seeing but because that went through, the second transaction was rejected because the first was still there. When I’ve been called by the fraud team (an Amazon payment that apparently made it look as if it was paid from Luxembourg) I ended up having two of it on my app temporarily after I updated the payment info post call and Amazon took the payment. I had more than enough for both so obviously for me the second transaction was successful and the first disappeared after a few days.

It sucks but she’s just going to have to wait.

And if she rang the presumably genuinely legit company in a panic yelling “what the duck” at them I’m not surprised they hung up on her.

Does anything ever go right for this perpetual victim?

The story stinks. Maybe I'm wrong but do bank fraud teams have the time to be ringing people up? I'm with nationwide and they're very cautious but they just block my card if they suspect fraud. I'm the one that has to ring them to sort it, they don't call me.

Maybe she has legitimately been scammed? And if so, that's called karma.

Reactions: 8
The story stinks. Maybe I'm wrong but do bank fraud teams have the time to be ringing people up? I'm with nationwide and they're very cautious but they just block my card if they suspect fraud. I'm the one that has to ring them to sort it, they don't call me.
Some banks will text you to say "did you make this payment?" or ask you to confirm things in the app. Actually calling me has never happened though, and I've made payments in US dollars a few times (Santander doesn't seem to like recurring payments in dollars though).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.