Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shocking that they haven’t bothered to develop a test. How common is ME. You’d think it would make economic sense (as well as being good for well-being obviously)
No profit to be made in making one unfortunately. No point testing for something you can't fix with the medication you've also produced.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Shocking that they haven’t bothered to develop a test. How common is ME. You’d think it would make economic sense (as well as being good for well-being obviously)
Well it was thought to be depression, basically, for years. Then there was the “CBT and exercise” approach sanctioned by NHS, we only finally got rid of that last year, but it was proved ineffective and harmful in 2016.

Since Long Covid happened a lot more funding and research is in place and a test is being developed but it will still take years. Covid has really helped ME/CFS unfortunately, there were just so many fit and healthy people who became fatigued and unwell after covid, and they had the internet to find each other.
---

Gets less reasearch funding than Hayfever. It’s a woman’s disease.
---

No profit to be made in making one unfortunately. No point testing for something you can't fix with the medication you've also produced.
Although if you could identify biological markers, you could potentially develop or use existing meds to “fix” part of the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She's wittering about 25p and flipflops or something at the moment. Really can't be arsed with her begging shite.

On a positive note for her, though, her thumbs are clearly working right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Have amazon caved in yet and settled out of court?
I know you're not meant to comment just to be amused but this made me proper LOL. That was such a mad rant. She's a character.

The tone with which she states her car will pass it's MOT leaves me in fear for the mechanic. He'll be next on the list.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The tweet asking if the historical sites in Syria/turkey survived the earthquake when thousands of people have died is crass.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
She has now buried it under a load of retweets of aid appeals and her go fund me to sponsor her giving up swearing on Twitter for lent in aid of shelterbox

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
My opinion is she's a massive racist. See previous comments on people of colour or who speak other languages. People in other countries aren't worth anything to her. Thousands crushed to death in their sleep and she's asking about historical sites. She was pretty much the same during the US withdrawal from Afghanistan, focusing on campaigning for cats and dogs to be evacuated over human beings.

I'm not on twitter anymore so just going by what I see posted here.

Reactions: 13
She's currently devoting tons of time and Twitter space to an "ugliest shoes" competition. Fair enough but if you've time for that, you've time to actually work on the project you signed up for!

And now this:
Screenshot_20230208_102351_Chrome.jpg

More personalities than I've had brunches*

* middle class joke

• Haha
  • Wow
Why’s she doing lent she’s a tit Catholic. It’ll take more than 40 days of giving something up, and a trip to confession for her to be able to take communion.
Do other Christians do giving up for lent? Greek Orthodox give up meat and do vegan.
Anyway, she IS concerned about the swarthy dark men who wield knives in the (kebab shop) restaurant, and their relatives in Turkey/Syria/Wherever pls donate IN HER NAME

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anglican Christians also engage in Lent activities; not quite to the same "giving this up for Lent" extent, more giving and goodliness and reflection preparing for Easter

Reactions: 4
Totally not RSM related but a good mate of mine is a Catholic priest . I once asked him what he was giving up for Lemt and his response was “nothing, I give up enough already”. Followed by “cheers” as he poured himself a Whisky.
He isn’t your normal kind of priest haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Totally not RSM related but a good mate of mine is a Catholic priest . I once asked him what he was giving up for Lemt and his response was “nothing, I give up enough already”. Followed by “cheers” as he poured himself a Whisky.
He’s not wrong! GSOH is a great foundation for being a Priest tbh.

Half my family are Irish Catholic so to me he sounds like a very normal kind of priest!

• Haha
Why’s she doing lent she’s a tit Catholic. It’ll take more than 40 days of giving something up, and a trip to confession for her to be able to take communion.
Do other Christians do giving up for lent? Greek Orthodox give up meat and do vegan.
Anyway, she IS concerned about the swarthy dark men who wield knives in the (kebab shop) restaurant, and their relatives in Turkey/Syria/Wherever pls donate IN HER NAME
Loads of CofE etc seem to do the giving up for lent where I am, and even people I don’t think of as religious at all. Varying levels of success and rule bending though!

wish she’d give up tweeting for lent. Or complaining. Or procrastinating the poverty zine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.