Roadside Mum #5 oppressed to the point of starvation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A couple of my friends give up social media for lent. They’ve been doing it a few years now, not religious women either. I think it’s just a good excuse to use so they can stay off and have a break. Very often if you come off with no excuse you find people are bewildered by your choice to do it. It seems social media is the be all and end all to a lot of people now! RSM being one of them 🙄😂

Reactions: 11
We had an Extremely Important Committee meeting during Lent a couple of years ago. It was attended by 99% Catholics, including a Priest, three Sisters, two Catechist Teachers and the rest were all incredibly active in their local churches/other Catholic organisations.

I thought that, what with it being the most solemn and holy liturgical period of the entire year, it wasn't exactly appropriate for me to be flexing the expense account for fifty notes of Waitrose's finest cakes and biscuits, so I didn't bother buy anything extra.

There was a near bleeping riot. I had to dash back to the main office and beg for the Admin team's secret stash of Jaffa Cakes before I found myself excommunicated/burned at the stake/turned into a pile of ash by the steely glares of sugar deprived personae religious.

The most obvious 'Oh, no, we gave that sort of thing up for Lent five years ago and never looked back [big sigh and beatific expression]' people have been Evangelicals and Baptists in my experience. But even the Baptists drew the line at removing the giant tin of Nescafe from their Hall kitchen, which one of the parents thought would be a good thing to do at playgroup. It was hastily replaced.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh the Catholic lent giving up is an art form. Give up sweets (doesn’t include cakes and biscuits) give up chocolate (doesn’t include biscuits and cakes that don’t have chocolate on) cakes (doesn’t include Jaffa cakes, sweets or biscuits) you get the idea

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Quite literally, the only time she EVER mentions the zine is on the context of being the sickest person ever to have ME. And “job”? Give me a break, pet. It’s about as much a “job” as your idiotic attempts to successfully homeschool a paediatric nurse/midwife/paramedic and a 1st class historian.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Quite literally, the only time she EVER mentions the zine is on the context of being the sickest person ever to have ME. And “job”? Give me a break, pet. It’s about as much a “job” as your idiotic attempts to successfully homeschool a paediatric nurse/midwife/paramedic and a 1st class historian.
She’s a dick. If everything hurts, a crawl is every bit as bad as just walking.

Reactions: 9
Was she tweeting while crawling? If her phone was tucked in the side of her bra, was she using voice assistant? If so, why not use that to write a thread on other days when her arms can't move?

These are the big questions

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Somebody hold me back. The IGNORANCE.
How has she managed to be offensive to both disabled people and trans people making this comparison? If she’s talking about the Welsh teenage who died from gross neglect there was plenty of news about it. And TV and some print/net news hadn’t even said Brianna was trans, they said “she”.

Reactions: 12
How has she managed to be offensive to both disabled people and trans people making this comparison? If she’s talking about the Welsh teenage who died from gross neglect there was plenty of news about it. And TV and some print/net news hadn’t even said Brianna was trans, they said “she”.
She wrote a long (of course) thread about the Welsh girl. It was... unpleasant but the gist was noone cared about her because she was disabled. I agree that a lot of the headlines focussed on the obesity element, rather than the neglect. But there was a lot about what a sweet girl she was who liked school and sport. And I haven't seen anything but condemnation of her parents. There was what felt like extremely crass references to Baby P.

I didn't comment on it over here because it's not something I feel I know enough about as a whole to say I think she's right or wrong. There seemed to be the odd fair point but it's so wrapped up in her extremely aggressive ranting...

• Sad
  • Wow
Kaylea was horribly neglected by her parents. Brianna was stabbed by persons who were not yet arrested. It’s just apples and oranges. Setting the two stories in a false binary opposition. I mean there were actual murderers on the loose.

Reactions: 10
She's such a bleeping bleep.

Thankfully she's getting almost universal pushback in the replies to that tweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What a hideous excuse for a human being. Not someone who should be educating young people.

RSM keeps dipping her toe in and out of GC twitter, what's stopping her from diving in?
Yes - I think back in thread one or two, it was made apparent she has less than inclusive views.
She's such a bleeping bleep.

Thankfully she's getting almost universal pushback in the replies to that tweet.
I believe we need to employ the Simpsons Homer patting the sofa GIF here … I wish I knew how to do so! 🙃

Attachments

Reactions: 6
RSM keeps dipping her toe in and out of GC twitter, what's stopping her from diving in?
She knows that it would require a huge shift in her follower base. The people who sympathise with her are broadly left-wing and have no time for GC bullshit. Winning over a more RW crowd would take a good bit of work, and we know she doesn't like work.

Jfc I know she's utterly vile but it's still somehow always a shock.

She's fully racist and transphobic. Must be exhausting trying to maintain the facade to keep her cashapp topped up.

• Heart
Jfc I know she's utterly vile but it's still somehow always a shock.

She's fully racist and transphobic. Must be exhausting trying to maintain the facade to keep her cashapp topped up.
Remember last week when there was a horrific natural disaster in a largely non-white part of the world and her only concern was monuments and archaeological sites?

• Sad
The archaeological site "distress" on behalf of her daughter, the genius historian, was not a good fake peg to support her tent.

So we have currently:

• distress over archaeological sites; didnt go well, pivoted to

• justgiving funder "giving up swearing for Lent" so donate for accommodation funding for people suffering after the earthquakes; didn't go well so

• pivoted to hunt saboteurs being NEARLY KILLED [confession I bitchily love picking apart Roadsidemum's horsey woman expertise, because I am both a horsey woman and a bitchy one towards Roadsidemum. Her body language analysis of the horse was as helpful as analysis of body language Harry the prince formerly known as...]; anyway no traction so moved to

• usual unspeakably odd takes on things, the "pretty" children, won't even write a summary on her take; but got shot down strongly enough to not retaliate (even though it's not yet Lent!);

• apparently unrelated: what seemed to be a real question about 15 minute cities; didn't like answers, MUTED some nasty person haha; and then

• threw in a career thread for pity and whatnot.

Naughtiest's current ambition is to work as a paediatric nurse or midwife and will need science GSCEs, but Naughtiest is currently training for tealady/barists and/or auxiliary nurse so this could go badly

Screenshot_20230214_215530_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230214_215612_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230214_220213_Chrome.jpg

FURTHER!!

Roadsidemum thinks she'll tell her daughters to concentrate on being cute
Screenshot_20230214_221351_Chrome.jpg

And apparently (in relation to the hunt saboteurs) only attractive horses should not be treated badly
Screenshot_20230214_215313_Chrome.jpg

Now I'm stretching it a bit with my comparison, but I rescued some very non gorgeous* ponies and that phrase has pissed me off.

* they were bleeping gorgeous actually

That is all. Thank you, you trash cabbages

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
The archaeological site "distress" on behalf of her daughter, the genius historian, was not a good fake peg to support her tent.

So we have currently:

• distress over archaeological sites; didnt go well, pivoted to

• justgiving funder "giving up swearing for Lent" so donate for accommodation funding for people suffering after the earthquakes; didn't go well so

• pivoted to hunt saboteurs being NEARLY KILLED [confession I bitchily love picking apart Roadsidemum's horsey woman expertise, because I am both a horsey woman and a bitchy one towards Roadsidemum. Her body language analysis of the horse was as helpful as analysis of body language Harry the prince formerly known as...]; anyway no traction so moved to

• usual unspeakably odd takes on things, the "pretty" children, won't even write a summary on her take; but got shot down strongly enough to not retaliate (even though it's not yet Lent!);

• apparently unrelated: what seemed to be a real question about 15 minute cities; didn't like answers, MUTED some nasty person haha; and then

• threw in a career thread for pity and whatnot.

Naughtiest's current ambition is to work as a paediatric nurse or midwife and will need science GSCEs, but Naughtiest is currently training for tealady/barists and/or auxiliary nurse so this could go badly

View attachment 1958826View attachment 1958828View attachment 1958829

FURTHER!!

Roadsidemum thinks she'll tell her daughters to concentrate on being cute
View attachment 1958832

And apparently (in relation to the hunt saboteurs) only attractive horses should not be treated badly
View attachment 1958835

Now I'm stretching it a bit with my comparison, but I rescued some very non gorgeous* ponies and that phrase has pissed me off.

* they were bleeping gorgeous actually

That is all. Thank you, you trash cabbages
Perfectly summarised. I imagine her sitting muttering to herself, a la Dastardly and Muttley when things don’t go her way

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.