Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's all so pointless. Beefing with randoms and customer service bots on twitter must give her a sense of accomplishment.

Honestly I'm delighted twitter seems to be dying. It's an awful platform.

Reactions: 16
At best she’s very depressed, she needs help with her mental health whether the tweets bear relation to reality, or not.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if one of her kids has said they want to go into care.
I think she knows she's skirting on thin ice with the school removal and this fear is at the root of her rants. And, no doubt, the reason she wants to move to Scotland to try to get somewhere where both children have never been on school registers.

But the staying up all hours and using the energy she has to rant at randoms on twitter cannot be helping the situation she's in - and I actually think given the main issue is out of her control (Her ME and the caring that is falling to the kids due to it) means SS wouldn't be coming in from a place of any sort of hostility* if she wasn't also doing bizarre things like withdrawing the kids from school so she's making her situation and standing with "the authorities" far worse.

*By this I mean their starting impressions of someone who's kids are having to take on more responsibility due to a disability is going to be very different to someone who's kids are having to do that because they're out drinking and shagging all night.

Last edited:
I think she knows she's skirting on thin ice with the school removal and this fear is at the root of her rants. And, no doubt, the reason she wants to move to Scotland to try to get somewhere where both children have never been on school registers.

But the staying up all hours and using the energy she has to rant at randoms on twitter cannot be helping the situation she's in - and I actually think given the main issue is out of her control (Her MS and the caring that is falling to the kids due to it) means SS wouldn't be coming in from a place of any sort of hostility* if she wasn't also doing bizarre things like withdrawing the kids from school so she's making her situation and standing with "the authorities" far worse.

*By this I mean their starting impressions of someone who's kids are having to take on more responsibility due to a disability is going to be very different to someone who's kids are having to do that because they're out drinking and shagging all night.
I disagree. SS don’t come from a place of hostility and arguably, it’s easier to address poor parenting and alcohol misuse as they are problems which can be solved.
Her ME/CFS ain’t going away

Reactions: 10
I disagree. SS don’t come from a place of hostility and arguably, it’s easier to address poor parenting and alcohol misuse as they are problems which can be solved.
Her ME/CFS ain’t going away
Yes, that's what I said - they wouldn't be coming in from a place of any sort of hostility.

They can't solve her ME but there are services out there that could help, for a start it sounds like the kids are more than eligible for the schemes most councils have for young carers. If instead she's taking the kids out of education, failing to provide any meaningful home ed and seemingly moving local authorities to hide, the questioning line is going to be different and even if it's not intended to be hostile, she's absolutely going to interpret it as hostile.

She's deranged.
So if you go into certain 'caring' professions (healthcare, education) you should expect to be badly paid or you are only in it for the money.
Brilliant - a lot of them are traditionally professions a lot of women go into. So yes keep women in badly paid work as they should do it for the love of it. Don't reward incredibly important caring jobs.
We can't trust nurses anymore roadsidefraus, they're a bunch of ****ing snakes... did you know the reason they look after you when you're in hospital is because THEY GET PAID to do it?! Almost like it's their job or something?! Evil 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes, that's what I said - they wouldn't be coming in from a place of any sort of hostility.

They can't solve her ME but there are services out there that could help, for a start it sounds like the kids are more than eligible for the schemes most councils have for young carers. If instead she's taking the kids out of education, failing to provide any meaningful home ed and seemingly moving local authorities to hide, the questioning line is going to be different and even if it's not intended to be hostile, she's absolutely going to interpret it as hostile.
Yes but they don’t come from a place of hostility if you’re out drinking and shagging which causes your kids to take on a caring role, either.

Reactions: 5
She can just feck off, I work with amazing foster carees. Often they go above and beyond for their foster children. I also see an 85yr old lady who fostered children in her youth, many of those children still visit her in adulthood because they were happy with her and remember their time in her care with fondness.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes but they don’t come from a place of hostility if you’re out drinking and shagging which causes your kids to take on a caring role, either.
Quoting self like a twunt

I just don’t like the SS scaremongering- they do so much to try and help and enable parents to take care of their children

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Maybe she should go get her nails done and chill out.

I’m starting a new conspiracy theory. RSM and pumpkin grifter are the fictional creations of the same mad person

• Haha
Maybe she should go get her nails done and chill out.

I’m starting a new conspiracy theory. RSM and pumpkin grifter are the fictional creations of the same mad person
Oh god. Imagine the thread if the nails aren’t to her liking 😫

• Haha
She can just feck off, I work with amazing foster carees. Often they go above and beyond for their foster children. I also see an 85yr old lady who fostered children in her youth, many of those children still visit her in adulthood because they were happy with her and remember their time in her care with fondness.
God, she must find that so tiresome seeing as she only did it for the money 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 8

But the staying up all hours and using the energy she has to rant at randoms on twitter cannot be helping the situation she's in - and I actually think given the main issue is out of her control (Her ME and the caring that is falling to the kids due to it) means SS wouldn't be coming in from a place of any sort of hostility* if she wasn't also doing bizarre things like withdrawing the kids from school so she's making her situation and standing with "the authorities" far worse.

I’m frankly not convinced by her ME. It doesn’t ring true for any kind of chronic illness that she would ‘collapse’ onto the floor into ‘fugue like’ states where she can tweet a stream of consciousness but cannot simply move to her bed. It’s ridiculously hyperbolic and seems more in keeping with some 18th century aristocratic lady who cannot cope with a harpsichord being played too jauntily.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’m frankly not convinced by her ME. It doesn’t ring true for any kind of chronic illness that she would ‘collapse’ onto the floor into ‘fugue like’ states where she can tweet a stream of consciousness but cannot simply move to her bed. It’s ridiculously hyperbolic and seems more in keeping with some 18th century aristocratic lady who cannot cope with a harpsichord being played too jauntily.
NGL I’m suspicious. It’s uncomfortable because it’s the same kind of suspicion I face, but ME/CFS doesn’t usually cause a “collapse” I can usually put myself somewhere comfy if that was happening. And I don’t tweet during. Or tattle. Given her penchant for alcohol delivery she might be drinking on the reg which won’t help things at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
We can't trust nurses anymore roadsidefraus, they're a bunch of ****ing snakes... did you know the reason they look after you when you're in hospital is because THEY GET PAID to do it?! Almost like it's their job or something?! Evil 😂
Indeed, can't trust Roadsidemum in her former profession either (or at all)
Screenshot_20221112_104919.jpg
Screenshot_20221112_104943.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
So, she has moved away from putting the feelers out on a return of workhouses and orphanages and has shared what can only be described as a bizarre thread about getting her (11/12?) year old kid dressed up for a party in loads of makeup, in some sort of spite competition. An adult has complimented her kid with “…you look phenomenal”, the kid no longer dressed in Dickensian rags, and hurrahs and hot chocolate has been celebrated.

I think there is some truth in her medication needing some attention. It’s that weird - and such a flip from her utterly vile rants about foster caring.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.