Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After her bizarre rant about foster carers the other night, I'm convinced this sudden flit to Scotland is an attempt to slip off the radar of social services.
Good call. A relative of mine tried moving to get off SS radar (not between nations, but fifty miles away). It didn't work, I suspect it made SS even more concerned, and long story short kids are currently being cared for by their grandparents. They don't get a penny and it's killing them as they already struggle with health and finances. Money would help a lot.

Her disgusting rant against FC the other day really pissed me off. The grandparents can't continue so the very young kids will more than likely go to Foster care with strangers. Money would facilitate the very loving kinship care arrangement continuing.

But then according to RSM my family members should run themselves into the ground with zero financial assistance to satisfy her definition of good foster care.

bleeping bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry for double post. There's a discussion on the Russincheshire thread about unbound which is relevant to RSM's zine. Apparently from 120k of sales Russ will be getting 8k and he won't get it for a year.

Maybe that explains her reluctance to do any work? Once the contributors get their cut there won't be anything left for her at all!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Screenshot_20221113-152100_Twitter.jpg

Good job you've got that CashApp link in your bio then, isn't it? Give it a couple of days (with a few "The kids were so excited to move to Scotland and are now absolutely devastated as we can't afford it" tweets sprinkled in strategically) and you'll soon be on your way to researching yacht clubs north of the border.

• Haha
View attachment 1727523

Good job you've got that CashApp link in your bio then, isn't it? Give it a couple of days (with a few "The kids were so excited to move to Scotland and are now absolutely devastated as we can't afford it" tweets sprinkled in strategically) and you'll soon be on your way to researching yacht clubs north of the border.
Louisa, you're supposed to be editing a book so it can be published and the people who contributed in good faith can get paid. I suggest that adding "moving house" to your to-do list if you are as ill as you claim to be is a stupid idea.

Reactions: 12
There are so many Jack Monroe people on this thread. I don't know who this annoying woman is, but I might stick around just to be in the vicinity of the fraus. 🥰

:coffee: 🍿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
If RSM was living in a van before covid how on earth has she accumulated that much stuff. It would probably be cheaper just to take personal belongings in a car and then get 2nd hand beds, tables etc once you arrive. Unless of course you own lots of expensive things that would cost a lot to replace, but of course this wont be the case with RSM because she has told us so many times that she can’t afford anything nice at all!

As people have said above, I am also suspicious as to why she suddenly needs to move so far.

What will RD do?

Reactions: 9
I know someone explained upthread that taking your children out of school doesn't mean you drop off the radar, but is the same true with Social Services? If you moved out of Area A and disappeared "off the books" of social services there is there any sort of tracing service to the new area? I'm not talking about if a move is done properly with a handover, but if you disappear, are efforts made to find you?

Reactions: 4
If RSM was living in a van before covid how on earth has she accumulated that much stuff. It would probably be cheaper just to take personal belongings in a car and then get 2nd hand beds, tables etc once you arrive. Unless of course you own lots of expensive things that would cost a lot to replace, but of course this wont be the case with RSM because she has told us so many times that she can’t afford anything nice at all!

As people have said above, I am also suspicious as to why she suddenly needs to move so far.

What will RD do?
Agree. And as she keeps saying she still owns the van. I imagine RD will tag along

Reactions: 3
View attachment 1727523

Those movers are disgusting.

They should be moving RSM and her belongings for free out of sheer love for their fellow humans. The fact they want to be paid means they are greedy, soulless demons who are the Belle du Jour of the removal industry. Yes, sure, they'll move her stuff, but it won't be done out of love, it'll be because it's all about the money.

• Haha
Two years absolute maximum of of other peoples cast offs, broken and decrepit furniture, clothes and bedding in rags that need darning and repairing, stuff damaged by damp - and a van outside. And she is getting quotes from removal firms???

This is the start of the grift again. £2k to move? When she is so poorly and needs the help to do it? I am calling it now, she isn’t moving anywhere - it’s codswallop. But if the slight chance of it being true has to be considered, all the comments relating to avoiding and running away from stuff is 100% on the nail.

Hope this doesn’t tag on my stuff above but even so ….

This is getting some traction from an account with 6k followers but, with Twitter being a hell of blue ticks and non blue ticks at the moment, I have squigged.

It sums up how RSM is an awful awful human - but from a position of knowledge & lived experience.

Thank you, squig.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Two years absolute maximum of of other peoples cast offs, broken and decrepit furniture, clothes and bedding in rags that need darning and repairing, stuff damaged by damp - and a van outside. And she is getting quotes from removal firms???

This is the start of the grift again. £2k to move? When she is so poorly and needs the help to do it? I am calling it now, she isn’t moving anywhere - it’s codswallop. But if the slight chance of it being true has to be considered, all the comments relating to avoiding and running away from stuff is 100% on the nail.

Hope this doesn’t tag on my stuff above but even so ….

This is getting some traction from an account with 6k followers but, with Twitter being a hell of blue ticks and non blue ticks at the moment, I have squigged.

It sums up how RSM is an awful awful human - but from a position of knowledge & lived experience.

Thank you, squig.
I have seen quite a bit of criticism of the ad over the past couple of days from non-RSM sources that it paints a very rosy picture of foster care that often isn’t the reality (in many cases simply because there aren’t enough carers for it to be like that, not because they’re all evil) and even this Squig hints at that with their own lived experience.

It’s changed my opinion on her rant a little bit I think… if she’s making up her foster care experiences then she’s truly awful obviously but if she’s not, I wonder if the unhinged rant is actually her finding the portrayal as triggering as I’ve seen other people say they are and that coming out via her unhinged “they’re all evil”. The Squig finds it hopeful, which is great and a positive way to look at it, but I think it’s understandable it could trigger resentment in people who didn’t have the same experience.

Reactions: 4
Quoting self like a twunt

I just don’t like the SS scaremongering- they do so much to try and help and enable parents to take care of their children
From my experiences as a child, I’d say they do far, far too much to enable crappy parents and not enough to ensure children are actually taken care of. But RSM is possibly a better candidate for help and engagement than my mother who almost let me die from an untreated infection and was merely made to promise she’d take me to the GP earlier next time.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know someone explained upthread that taking your children out of school doesn't mean you drop off the radar, but is the same true with Social Services? If you moved out of Area A and disappeared "off the books" of social services there is there any sort of tracing service to the new area? I'm not talking about if a move is done properly with a handover, but if you disappear, are efforts made to find you?

She has to provide her new address and details of the schools the older ones will be attending before they're taken off the register of their old school. If she doesn't, it's then the role of the local authority to trace them, which they'll do in a couple of clicks, as she'll need to change her address for her benefits - rent needs to be paid, after all. Scots child protection is tit hot.

Oh, that's no worry, says RM, I'll tell them I'm Home Educating. The old school notifies the council, who then have to trace them and liaise with the Scots authority, so they then know the children are living there. No concerns, says RM, I'll tell them I'm home educating all of them. Ah, but then we come across the National Guidance for child protection and that for Home Education and flexischooling and Home Education guidance in particular;

' Where the authority has concerns about the education provision which are not allayed by the presentation of written or alternative forms of evidence, and ongoing dialogue, and the only way the authority can clarify whether suitable and efficient education is being provided is to seek access to the home environment, then they may request to do so. However, the authority must have demonstrable grounds for concern and must outline those grounds to the parent when requesting access to the home. If, in these circumstances, the parent refuses to allow access to the home, the authority might reasonably conclude that they have insufficient information to satisfy themselves as to the efficiency and suitability of education provision, and serve a notice on the parent under Section 37 of the 1980 Act.'

Think the English system is harsh, RM? The Scots one gives them the clear authority to make an order if you don't allow them in when they come knocking and you can't explain yourself adequately or fail to turn up to a meeting.

She seems to believe that there Scotland is a lawless haven where nobody will ever take an interest in the welfare of a bunch of children fetching up from England. She's going to have a bit of a shock.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She has to provide her new address and details of the schools the older ones will be attending before they're taken off the register of their old school. If she doesn't, it's then the role of the local authority to trace them, which they'll do in a couple of clicks, as she'll need to change her address for her benefits - rent needs to be paid, after all. Scots child protection is tit hot.

Oh, that's no worry, says RM, I'll tell them I'm Home Educating. The old school notifies the council, who then have to trace them and liaise with the Scots authority, so they then know the children are living there. No concerns, says RM, I'll tell them I'm home educating all of them. Ah, but then we come across the National Guidance for child protection and that for Home Education and flexischooling and Home Education guidance in particular;

' Where the authority has concerns about the education provision which are not allayed by the presentation of written or alternative forms of evidence, and ongoing dialogue, and the only way the authority can clarify whether suitable and efficient education is being provided is to seek access to the home environment, then they may request to do so. However, the authority must have demonstrable grounds for concern and must outline those grounds to the parent when requesting access to the home. If, in these circumstances, the parent refuses to allow access to the home, the authority might reasonably conclude that they have insufficient information to satisfy themselves as to the efficiency and suitability of education provision, and serve a notice on the parent under Section 37 of the 1980 Act.'

Think the English system is harsh, RM? The Scots one gives them the clear authority to make an order if you don't allow them in when they come knocking and you can't explain yourself adequately or fail to turn up to a meeting.

She seems to believe that there Scotland is a lawless haven where nobody will ever take an interest in the welfare of a bunch of children fetching up from England. She's going to have a bit of a shock.
She might not also realise that RN, who should have started at an English secondary this year might have to go to a Scottish primary to finish P7 because of the different cut-off points. So when she goes along to enrol LO in P5 or P6 she might get questioned about RN.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Screenshot_20221113-232335_Twitter.jpg

It's going to be more than the couple of quid you moaned about having to spend to replace your child's damaged book, that's for sure.

I find it so bizarre that up until a couple of days ago she hadn't even mentioned the idea of moving, now all of a sudden it's being arranged and needs to happen IMMEDIATELY.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
View attachment 1728872

It's going to be more than the couple of quid you moaned about having to spend to replace your child's damaged book, that's for sure.

I find it so bizarre that up until a couple of days ago she hadn't even mentioned the idea of moving, now all of a sudden it's being arranged and needs to happen IMMEDIATELY.
This combined with the foster care rant makes me think social services are sniffing about so she is trying to do a runner

Reactions: 12
She might not also realise that RN, who should have started at an English secondary this year might have to go to a Scottish primary to finish P7 because of the different cut-off points. So when she goes along to enrol LO in P5 or P6 she might get questioned about RN.
Especially when they see RN signs her name with an 'X'

• Sad
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.