Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With the usual “if it’s true” disclaimer - that kid is fucked- will barely be employable. And all because she was stressing over signing some paperwork if I recall.
Only two weeks until half term? It's only half term if you've actually been learning since September 5th, rather than watching telly whilst Dearest Mama slumbers her way through your formative years.

Reactions: 9
With the usual “if it’s true” disclaimer - that kid is fucked- will barely be employable. And all because she was stressing over signing some paperwork if I recall.
Shouldn't this have all been sorted out over the summer holidays?
Does she want a pat on the back for providing her home schooled child some actual schooling?

• Sad
Why do I suspect “research skills/food/life skills/textiles” will involve doing the housework cooking and washing?

• Sad
Reactions: 15
She hasn't even looked at the NC yet? duck's sake. There's an easier way than this to cover the key learning outcomes without having to study the entire thing from 11-18 the night before. Outsource to somebody experienced in it. Same with the getting kids on side, having suitable premises, equipment, updating with current legislation and standards, breaks, sourcing expensive equipment rather than buying it and food that doesn't cost you a penny if you're unwaged and receiving benefit.

Send her to bleeping school.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I stopped reading ages ago because she bores me. Why is RN not going to school? Why does RSM think her ME/CFS has improved enough to sustain formulating and overseeing 25hrs per week of secondary level education, given she never trained as a teacher?

Reactions: 8
What baffles me is primary age home educating is quite easy, even child led if you've got the patience for it. What you can't do is duck about when they're approaching qualification age. She's going to set her back so badly and it's sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The issue with homeschooling is that past a certain point you can't really provide much help, even if you have the curriculum and books yourself. I consider myself reasonably intelligent and well read, but aside from Chemistry, IT, Maths and maybe Geography and Enlgish Lit I don't think I could teach someone to GCSE level, outside of "here's what you need to know, here's where to go about looking for that information", because I'd basically be learning it myself at the same time.

• Heart
I think most of us are in agreement that home education past KS2 is a mammoth task at best, only realistically achieved by a highly driven and self motivated pupil and lead by a polymath of epic proportions, if it is to be remotely adequate. It also seems that neither the kid or RSM come close to this. Painfully for the kid, it seems RSM is deluded enough to think they are. Hotes is bang on the money - it’s all going to be “follow this recipe to make dinner/cake etc” and that will be maths and home economics - that kind of thing.

As an aside - GCSE maths is a requisite for everything. And teachers at an actual real school are best placed to get a reluctant kid at least scraping a C equivalent because of that. I have a friend who was a mature student with a great Biology degree from a Russell Group Uni - got in with an Access to Ed cert. She got accepted into a vet school on the proviso she deferred for a year to get her Maths & English GCSE. That she had to fund. With a BSc. 1st in Biology!

Shall we run a book on when the alleged homeschooling ends? I am still convinced a big rattle is coming and this could well connect with kid needing uniform/travel costs covered (when the car fails it’s MOT - another rattle).

When you think about - she has a rich vein of untapped rattling just from this scenario. I just hope a few of the kind people Google before clicking the cashapp link.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I predict the run up to Christmas will be so stressful her whatever is wrong with her will be THE WORST FOR ANYONE EVER and she'll half freeze/starve to death so she'll send her back to school to she can be 'warm and or fed'. In actual fact I think it'll take her that long before she realises making cups of tea doesn't qualify as an education.

Reactions: 5
Wtf "only 2 weeks left"? Thats a third of a half term you utter moron, it makes a huge difference to a childs progess to just basically sack teaching off

• Heart
Don't think this thread was posted at the time, so here, have some Friday evening RSM drama...with an update!

Screenshot_20221007-210041_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221007-210100_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221007-210107_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221007-210114_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221007-210121_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221007-210129_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221007-210145_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221007-210152_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221007-210210_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
RSM in "massive overreaction" shock.

She appears to have a deep visceral hatred of people working in customer service roles.

Reactions: 16
So she got free drinks and cakes, then offered a voucher for more drinks and yet… is unhappy? I wonder when she does these witch moans if she ever puts forward the solution she’d like to achieve or just yells “WRONG ANSWER” at every avenue the company take to rectify the problem? Never mind. I don’t really need to ask.

Reactions: 17
So she got free drinks and cakes, then offered a voucher for more drinks and yet… is unhappy? I wonder when she does these witch moans if she ever puts forward the solution she’d like to achieve or just yells “WRONG ANSWER” at every avenue the company take to rectify the problem? Never mind. I don’t really need to ask.
She probably wanted a resignation letter from the manager written in his own blood, with an offer to pay for private tuition for RN for the next 5 years.

And the free drinks, obvs.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I've been a silent observer of this thread for a bit, excuse my lack of reactions to posts but there were bigger chaoses to attend to. Good to see she's still a trash cabbage. I want to see her pull a thread #31 and answer SHALLN'T when she's told to go away.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.