Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PIP assessment is in breach of the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code, which contains the professional standards that registered nurses, midwives and nursing associates (as defined) must uphold. Sounds like a matter for the union to take on openly. Not sure it needs a whistle-blower. But I'm a former workplace relations lawyer down here, so what would I know?

Screenshot_20220929-214059_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220930-042647_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220930-044745_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220930-042804_Chrome.jpg

Absolutely love the emphasis on THEIR CHILDREN'S WELLBEING in the penultimate screenie, as if for some of us losing a profession and income would *not* affect our children's wellbeing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
"how brands are in fact the supermarket just different names"

I know what she means, but I'm going to be deliberately obtuse and ask her which supermarket makes Oreos then? 🤔 I'm assuming Porsche are a Lidl product since both are German and the cashiers operate at autobahn speeds

I was like "that's a weird thing for tiktok to come up with" Re the Oreos, and not that I put it past tiktok to be anything less than 70% misinformation on a good day, but I took 30 seconds to look it up and it turns out oreos actually were originally an imitation of some other biscuit which were called Hydrox which started being sold a few years earlier but Oreos took off in popularity while Hydrox were discontinued (before being revived a few years back)

So if those "supermarket knock off Oreos" your kid was telling you about were these fellas then you owe them a biscuit and an apology

You learn something new every day when you are a young un and have an inquisitive mind 😃 until your mother hammers it out of you with a half hour lecture on supermarket product development and how you are just a tiny simpleton.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes heaven forbid she'd actually show some curiosity about the world and engage with her kids on their level rather than bore them senseless.

Cringey boomer conspiracy theorist and obnoxious know-it-all.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How does a Facebook chat about working for an assessor company (which includes people saying it's fine and the money's good as well as people saying their kid didn't get awarded PIP so it's inherently evil) - and despite claiming to have anonymised it, there's still a name visible - have any particular importance? So some people think it shouldn't be allowed, others said it worked for them as a job, others hated it - hardly a great exposition.

Think she needs to take herself back off to bed for another week - once the kid has been given a place at school so she isn't neglecting her social, physical, emotional and educational welfare, that is.

Reactions: 8
Even the group says it's been checked out. I'm so zany I thought RM might have something interesting, but, no

Reactions: 6
Yes heaven forbid she'd actually show some curiosity about the world and engage with her kids on their level rather than bore them senseless.

Cringey boomer conspiracy theorist and obnoxious know-it-all.
Roadsidemum is GenX. Not trying to be a smart arse: as I'm GenX myself, we are pretty annoying with our, ah we drank out of hoses, travelled (small t) in vans, ate mangoes straight off the tree and survived a pack of hunting beagles, my grandfather was an elected Tory tales of the good life

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Roadsidemum is GenX. Not trying to be a smart arse: as I'm GenX myself, we are pretty annoying with our, ah we drank out of hoses, travelled (small t) in vans, ate mangoes straight off the tree and survived a pack of hunting beagles, my grandfather was an elected Tory tales of the good life
RSM has to walk uphill both ways to the yacht club 😔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
As someone who thinks PIP is literally the most evil system in the planet, what she's posted literally doesn't matter. Its what has been said *openly* for years by previous assessors. It's common knowledge.
Also, this post. She either chats tit or her children are having the most miserable childhood. Even when you're absolutely on your knees poor - which she is NOT, no primary school age child should be price comparing to that degree. She's sick and selfish and a horrible horrible parent and nothing could change my mind at this point.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 10
no primary school age child should be price comparing to that degree. She's sick and selfish and a horrible horrible parent and nothing could change my mind at this point.
It reminds me of these precocious Maths geniuses who get to University at 12. Or some of these scripted videos where kids answer their parents with profound adult opinions. Some people think it’s cute, parents boast about it. I just think FFS let them have a childhood.

Reactions: 7
They need to get that kid back in school ASAP. When I worked in the uk the education welfare service would be involved with her 100% but due to funding/ cuts I doubt she is known to them yet. V.sad.

Reactions: 13
Without question that kid is utterly doomed. It’s relatively easy to homeschool under 8s I would say, if you have a bit of time - and you could even cover most of what they do in KS1 etc in a morning as a one-to-one tutor. But my blood runs cold at the thought of covering KS3 even with plenty of resources and a healthy, present full time tutor.

I know RSM thinks she is an absolute genius in everything - her overconfident attitude sings from her feed. But there is no way on gods green earth she can pull off this to the standards required (4.5 GCSE passes at a minimum) for her already severely disadavantaged child (alleged SEN issues, most poverty stricken pov ever, and the poorest, mouldiest, damp quality accommodation a grand can buy, single parent family of a severely disabled mum and young carer responsibilities etc -if she is to be believed, which I don’t.

Her idea of educating her kid is to load up YouTube and watch documentaries, interspersed with constant and distracting adverts breaks almost in mid sentence sometimes, in bed whilst drinking hot beverages supplied by the “pupil”.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Without question that kid is utterly doomed. It’s relatively easy to homeschool under 8s I would say, if you have a bit of time - and you could even cover most of what they do in KS1 etc in a morning as a one-to-one tutor. But my blood runs cold at the thought of covering KS3 even with plenty of resources and a healthy, present full time tutor.

I know RSM thinks she is an absolute genius in everything - her overconfident attitude sings from her feed. But there is no way on gods green earth she can pull off this to the standards required (4.5 GCSE passes at a minimum) for her already severely disadavantaged child (alleged SEN issues, most poverty stricken pov ever, and the poorest, mouldiest, damp quality accommodation a grand can buy, single parent family of a severely disabled mum and young carer responsibilities etc -if she is to be believed, which I don’t.

Her idea of educating her kid is to load up YouTube and watch documentaries, interspersed with constant and distracting adverts breaks almost in mid sentence sometimes, in bed whilst drinking hot beverages supplied by the “pupil”.
This is the worst part. I know one of the kids is a history buff but cant remember which. If RN wants to go to uni, or into a career that requires strong reading/writing/maths skills but RSM has fucked up their education now by taking them out of school for a few years, then this could really harm their future. And that's before we think about how isolated they are now, how much harder it will be for them to spend time with kids their own age, the social skills and events like birthday parties they may miss out on.

Aneurysm worthy tbh.

As a scot, she has pissed me off big style with her dissing of soup and porridge over the last few days. Trivial point I know, but it has. Making a big pot of soup at the weekend is a ritual in many families :)
This is the worst part. I know one of the kids is a history buff but cant remember which. If RN wants to go to uni, or into a career that requires strong reading/writing/maths skills but RSM has fucked up their education now by taking them out of school for a few years, then this could really harm their future. And that's before we think about how isolated they are now, how much harder it will be for them to spend time with kids their own age, the social skills and events like birthday parties they may miss out on.

Aneurysm worthy tbh.
The one she has taken out of school is RN who has just left primary school. The history buff (if indeed that’s true) is still at primary school

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It's the performative aspect that makes me so uncomfortable.

I absolutely hate it when people on social media use stories about their children as content. She seems to be using her children as props to gain Internet points for being the most disadvantaged pov to ever have existed. It's like tweets are the driving force behind her choices.

I have followed two people online for years (one of them I know IRL also) who are both disabled and one is on the breadline. Neither of their feeds resemble RSM in any way, shape, or form. They tweet and post about the lovely things they do in spite of what they face. They also make reference to their circumstances but not in this exaggerated way.

So for me, I can only hope against hope that she's a lying grifter. Because the thought of kids in that situation which she seems to intentionally make as difficult as possible is just heartbreaking.

Reactions: 9

I don’t believe it. She’s made claims before that indicate professionals are aware of the caring situation and worried about it and her taking her child out of school would be such a massive red flag.

I doubt it would be grounds for “real” action but they’d be on her like flies on tit and she wouldn’t be able to hold back from complaining about that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.