Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My bet is that school uniform cashos will need to be sent prior to 15 October

Reactions: 13
View attachment 1619584
This is so weird. Read your kid a story or something!
Why would you ask your child a series of questions at 2am, which would keep them awake and stimulated, instead of, I dunno, making sure there's no electronics in the room, making sure the room is dark and quiet and conducive to sleep, and telling them to lie down and close their eyes?

Reactions: 11
'Usual rules' - is this something she does often so?
This is fairly new in the Roadsidemum mood swing rotation, and regular since new.

I hope the RN home ed child is enjoying her time in the sun; a blessing and a curse.

Absolute LOL at the favourite fictional child comment: gold!

RSM has to walk uphill both ways to the yacht club 😔
RSM *misses* horses

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Twitter use probably drains her phone battery. Maybe she will cut back if she's on a money saving drive

• Haha
Reactions: 12

It's not hard. You go onto the Local Authority website and complete an In Year application for maintained schools in the area, then go to individual academy/own admissions authority schools (if they haven't contracted the LA to deal with the In year applications in totality) and complete their supplementary information forms. You then wait until you get an offer and if a certain period passes without one, the LA can present her details to the Fair Access Panel and if necessary, instruct a school to take her.

It's a very good way to get the prospect of social services off her back, as she's probably worked out that EHE whilst being known to have disabilities, the kid dropping out of the system when ADHD has already been flagged by the primary, claiming traveller heritage and having been That Parent with other children is probably creating more interest in her arrangements than just putting the kid into school as normal and being the parent who makes receptionists and Heads of Year roll their eyes and the Sendco develop a nervous twitch.

Oh, and if she gets in touch with schools tomorrow, there's a good chance she could have a place and 90% of the uniform free by Thursday, as that's School Census Day when funding is calculated, so schools really, really want to get bums on seats for 9am on the 6th rather than on the 7th or later.

Reactions: 12
Every now and then I pop in here just to remind myself that this person exists! Her pov tweets manage to outdo Monroe....

Reactions: 4
I feel like she is building up to a massive grift. There have been so many little crumbs of “it’s cold - ME makes it worse “ and similar shared of late. And I haven’t forgotten her “I need a car/car loan before my credit is battered” comment from a few weeks ago.

I will be shocked to my core if she doesn’t wheel out a begging bowl the size of a small European country this side of Christmas. It’s coming. And she will be merciless with it when it does - after all, she got tens of thousands for the zine and it looks like that’s gone on the (unlit - too expensive) back burner again.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She’s possibly getting lots of little somethings in her cash app already. Re the zine and unbound. I don’t imagine she wouldn’t get much until publication. They’d surely reserve an amount for print costs and distribution etc. don’t want to sound like I’m defending her.

I’ve looked at them a few times though to try and figure it out. But unless you sign up it’s not that clear. I think though that they’d say x is the cost of printing, y is distribution, z is paying contributors and for a single print run anything over that is profit, so to be fair she might not have had any money yet.

ETA. If that is the case then she might be pissed off that it’s not an instant money spinner and she might have to do some work

She’s possibly getting lots of little somethings in her cash app already. Re the zine and unbound. I don’t imagine she wouldn’t get much until publication. They’d surely reserve an amount for print costs and distribution etc. don’t want to sound like I’m defending her.

I’ve looked at them a few times though to try and figure it out. But unless you sign up it’s not that clear. I think though that they’d say x is the cost of printing, y is distribution, z is paying contributors and for a single print run anything over that is profit, so to be fair she might not have had any money yet.

ETA. If that is the case then she might be pissed off that it’s not an instant money spinner and she might have to do some work
Oh - I am fairly certain that she would have had bare scraps from Unbound at best, until they have a product to put out there. Which is why it’s so disgusting that 1. She is taking her sweet sweet time. And 2. There has been no sign whatsoever from a single squig that any contributions have been paid for. The actual contributions made by people who from “have to be poor to be in it” have missed out on summer holiday treats and will also now miss out on potential Christmas treats because she is too busy going on at least three holidays in as many months, then having ME crashes in between.

This is why I have real distrust in the Unbound model for some of these projects. The Hattie Gladwell book has been “in edits” for literal years now. And we know what happened with the Jack saga. And don’t get me started on the minor grifter who definitely did get her money, bought a pile of Jack style crap, had a “professional photo shoot” done (which she hated and has not shared a single snap from) and has now quietly forgotten her book was going to be out months ago “in the spring”.

This bunch of horrors should have real shame.

Reactions: 8
I feel like she is building up to a massive grift. There have been so many little crumbs of “it’s cold - ME makes it worse “ and similar shared of late. And I haven’t forgotten her “I need a car/car loan before my credit is battered” comment from a few weeks ago.

I will be shocked to my core if she doesn’t wheel out a begging bowl the size of a small European country this side of Christmas. It’s coming. And she will be merciless with it when it does - after all, she got tens of thousands for the zine and it looks like that’s gone on the (unlit - too expensive) back burner again.
Oh poor RSM, she has that type of ME where her temperature control isn’t affected. Personally I’m sitting here with a window open and a fan on. In summer you can find me shivering under a blanket.

Reactions: 6
for the best experience when viewing one of RSMs super long tweet threads of misery, you should put your phone into black and white mode first, and pop this on in the background.

I honestly feel like you're missing out if you don't take these steps to prepare.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
for the best experience when viewing one of RSMs super long tweet threads of misery, you should put your phone into black and white mode first, and pop this on in the background.

I honestly feel like you're missing out if you don't take these steps to prepare.
I think this would work particularly well with my personal favourite, "Landed gentry contemplated whether to let their horses trample me to death"

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.