Roadside Mum #4 Let me tell you in excessive detail

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If this unnamed guy at Costa has always been nice in the past I think it's more likely he was trying to make space for her rather than that he suddenly flipped into a demonic RSM hating entity overnight - he should have asked before he moved the chair, but I'm pretty sure if she'd spoken to him this could have been resolved in 2 seconds.

Prayer circle for Natalie everyone 😔

Reactions: 14
I've read the thread a few time and it's probably her writing style but I don't understand what was so embarrassing?
I was embarrassed reading it, but that's only *because of* her writing style.

Screenshot_20221009_154449.jpg

Screenshot_20221009_155010.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Corporate social media accounts are getting increasingly wise to these kind of kerfuffles, and I doubt RSM's antics have given them more than about five seconds pause at Costa towers. Nobody's checking any CCTV, they just worked down the playbook: offered vouchers, not taken, NEXT CASE!

They might as well call her a trash cabbage and put her on mute at this point :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Corporate social media accounts are getting increasingly wise to these kind of kerfuffles, and I doubt RSM's antics have given them more than about five seconds pause at Costa towers. Nobody's checking any CCTV, they just worked down the playbook: offered vouchers, not taken, NEXT CASE!

They might as well call her a trash cabbage and put her on mute at this point :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Possibly nowadays but going back 5 years, as a manager for a big organisation that included multiple brands (including Costa 🔺) if allegations of poor service or conduct were made online, we were expected to look into and clarify the situation - and I assume her anonymity does not extend to her DMs to companies for scrounging compo.

It would only take minutes to clarify with the staff on duty at a given time, scan the CCTV and then knock a quick email out for whomever would care to see it. Sadly, I have had to do it - because sometimes (especially from franchises) there will be external partners monitoring social media that do not have access to the info required to deal with complaints. I have had emails and phone calls from area/brand managers querying events and complaints, seeking clarification. 😔

Of course, these days - with GDPR rules around the access of CCTV especially, it may be a little more faffing. But unless things have drastically changed in the last two or three years, someone sadly will have had to look into this.

Reactions: 8
Jeez @FlashBoof I’m sure you’re right - I’ve worked in digital marketing but not in social and never client side… I guess that puts paid to my dream of the Costa rep publicly calling her a trash cabbage 😅

I hope it’s as faff free as possible then, and she gets ZIP!

Reactions: 5
It's just so unnecessary. She's already had free drinks and cake. I would have more respect for her if she said to Costa, look, it's not about me getting free drinks, it's about how people with wheelchairs are treated in your shops.

But she's not. She's stomping her feet as she was only offered four drink vouchers. "A round of drinks and a spare" as she put it. How many free drinks would make it OK, Louisa?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
How many free drinks would make it OK, Louisa?
A lifetimes supply, plus she should be referred to as ‘Your Majesty’ every time she comes in and staff should flog themselves 37 times per visit, just to show they’ve learned their lesson. Maybe some kind of special throne chair just for her. Free cakes for life as well, OBVIOUSLY. Maybe one of the staff could home educate her kid on the side for free as well.

Yore move, Costa 😎

Haha oh god. Is she angling for an appearance on “angry people in local papers”?
This is only one step from DON’T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!
She wouldn’t want to do this, because she won’t want to show her face or give her name. I’m hoping people will start to be a bit more discerning about who they take at face value after Jack Monroe and that Airbnb woman, but I doubt it. People are suckers for sob stories without doing research into what they’re donating to, and I think RM keeps her details out of the public eye, because we’d be able to research her background on the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That coat thread is the most useful thing she's posted in ages, much more value to her followers than her hounding Costa

I agree! I just ordered one! Kudos RSM. Please do more of this and less customer service harassment!

That coat thread is the most useful thing she's posted in ages, much more value to her followers than her hounding Costa

She hasn't even looked at the NC yet? duck's sake. There's an easier way than this to cover the key learning outcomes without having to study the entire thing from 11-18 the night before. Outsource to somebody experienced in it. Same with the getting kids on side, having suitable premises, equipment, updating with current legislation and standards, breaks, sourcing expensive equipment rather than buying it and food that doesn't cost you a penny if you're unwaged and receiving benefit.

Send her to bleeping school.
I came to comment on the EHE and fair access but there's already someone on it. High fives to the admissions/CME crew.
She would absolutely have this level of education deemed unsuitable in my LA, no plan, no way to measure progress. She doesn't need to follow the National Curriculum but she does need to show her child is progressing and developing and that her plan a) exists and b)achieves something. I take dozens of kids like this to fair access every month. In each case the parents just can't be arsed with education or think they know better.

Anyway I'm just excited to see FAP being mentioned. God help the poor LA officer who will get all sorts of emails and allegations made when the home Ed is deemed unsuitable

• Heart
I came to comment on the EHE and fair access but there's already someone on it. High fives to the admissions/CME crew.
She would absolutely have this level of education deemed unsuitable in my LA, no plan, no way to measure progress. She doesn't need to follow the National Curriculum but she does need to show her child is progressing and developing and that her plan a) exists and b)achieves something. I take dozens of kids like this to fair access every month. In each case the parents just can't be arsed with education or think they know better.

Anyway I'm just excited to see FAP being mentioned. God help the poor LA officer who will get all sorts of emails and allegations made when the home Ed is deemed unsuitable

[high fives back]

It's breathtaking how obvious it can be that some parents are seeking to avoid their kid encountering a DSL/staff who already know the family (my mother did exactly the same when I was a kid) or think that their child is worthy of being parachuted into the place they want over and above those with the school named in an EHCP, are adopted from LAC or meet another higher placing category in the admissions criteria, all the way up to expecting a fully funded private education with taxis to and from, uniform, all optional activities and trips, lunches and anything and everything else.

And if/when RN is placed in a school under an Attendance Order, oh, the grief the staff will get at every turn.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Wonder if the Drama Llama ripped a radiator of the wall in her one of a kind birth? God, these people think they are so very very special don’t they.
Oh get over yourself, how does she propose health professionals learn to 'save her life' if they can't watch

Reactions: 6
Oh get over yourself, how does she propose health professionals learn to 'save her life' if they can't watch
Indeed - and, in my experience (a rather large first baby and an induced, then couldn’t wait to exit 2nd baby) in the end game of things, you could have an entire American Football team taking notes down there and not give a flying duck.

• Haha
Indeed - and, in my experience (a rather large first baby and an induced, then couldn’t wait to exit 2nd baby) in the end game of things, you could have an entire American Football team taking notes down there and not give a flying duck.
I'd said it was fine for them to bring the students they had on the ward in for mine... Mr B informs me there were three, I can honestly say I had no idea, could have been one or could have been seventeen, he could be lying. My attention was definitely elsewhere 😂

• Haha
you could have an entire American Football team taking notes down there and not give a flying duck.
53 extra people in the delivery room would be a bit crowded though 😅

(Is it a bit sad that I know off the top of my head how many players NFL teams have in their squads?)

• Haha
Reactions: 7

(Is it a bit sad that I know off the top of my head how many players NFL teams have in their squads?)
Ha! I have seen them on tv running out en masse and picked them on purpose because I knew it was more than our footie teams. 53 is probably pushing it a bit for a good view though, to be fair! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Wouldn’t have expected anything less of you, dear Lemony
You know if you say you don’t want the student present, they don’t have a student present. Mad, innit.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.