Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Prince fan 1999

VIP Member
Bernard Hill has passed aged 79. He was meant to be at Liverpool comic con yesterday but pulled out. We were told it was because his wife was poorly 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Salacious

Chatty Member
Just bee watching him on Classic Corrie this week with the "Orchid" storyline. Such a versatile actor, playing a distinct character. I say, distinct character.

RIP

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
Such sad news about Dave Myers - I love watching their shows. They don't mess around with poncey food, they make dishes that anyone can make and explain it in "Englishman's" terms. And their friendship really shone through.

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Radio 2 has been ruined by the woke agenda the big cheeses required, I’ll never understand them thinking Simon Mayo and Jo Wiley would be a crowd pleaser.

With the exception of Sara Cox, the presenters are lightweight and banal, Scott Mills is dire , imo.

Oh no, I thought he was getting better. I too thought he looked frail and the show seemed edited to not show him struggling. But I thought he was just recovering from chemo.

• Sad

Quattro formaggi

Chatty Member
Totally shocked about Steve Wright, it's knocked me too. Cannot think that is why his show ended in Sept 2022 now, he was ill.
I think they booted him off cos of ageism and wokeness. I think Steve being Steve he would have soldered on with his afternoon show even if he was Ill. I think it must of been sudden.
---
Also I’m utterly sad and distraught about this.

• Sad

Stillwater

VIP Member
Si’s statement has made me really cry - and the news obviously. Cancer stole my Dad end of last year and I cannot be eloquent about it, so when other people are about their loss it slays me.

• Heart

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I cannot begin to imagine the black hole one goes into after losing a child.

Poor Sinead was already tormented before that catastrophic event, lots and lots of love wherever it’s needed❤❤

• Heart
  • Sad

truelies

I woken up at 5am this morning and soon as I saw the news the tears came, genuinely so upset by his death as he went through so much to stay alive. I had watched friends since it began and like so many i continue to watch it still.

I was always hopeful that they could have made another episode in a few years, but now there is no way that could ever happen as Chandler was such an integral character in the show. RIP Matthew.

• Sad

Eirawen

VIP Member
Just heard about the passing of Benjamin Zephaniah, this one made me very sad, taken far too young. Benjamin used to pop up on kids shoes with his poetry when I was little. A fascinating man of colour, he was a bit of an inspiration to me a little Indian girl. loved hearing his words. Followed his life and words ever since those days, he’d say he’s an anarchist, and deliver it with that wonderful smile he had. How sad, only 65, just read it was due to a brain tumour diagnosed only 8 weeks ago.

Rest In Power Benjamin 💔

View attachment 2615349
This is sad news, he used to visit the Welsh National Eisteddfod and did lot to hilight its profile along with Welsh culture, a truly very diverse man and a great poet that appealed to young and old.

• Heart

Angelesque

I would advise NOT reading it if you want to remember him closer to being Chandler Bing. His writing was honest — brutal, at times — and I would not want to read it now, after his tragic death. Maybe wait a few years?
Second this. I read it last year when it came out - it is an incredible and astonishing piece of writing, but a very hard read. To feel the pain running through pretty much every year of his life was so sad. It was a miracle he made it to 54. So today’s news wasn’t a huge shock - but I have found it unbearably sad. Such a loss.

• Heart

L3moning

VIP Member
No one could shout "Ashley!" quite like him (me and my dad still take the mick out of that). RIP.

• Haha
  • Heart