Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shellie

VIP Member
Call me crazy if you like but I think the BBC scrapping his afternoon show killed him.
He lived for radio. It was his life's work.
He loved it.
The BBC took it away and something died inside him.

Bastards.
One of his friends said that that is exactly what happened. Their exact words were he never got over being axed and he died of a broken heart. The BBC made a statement when it was revealed saying he was 'second to none' and quite a few called them out over it including other DJs.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

mee43

VIP Member
I felt like sections of the media basically tried to make her a figure of fun - almost like their articles took the pee out of her.
It was obvious she was broken and troubled but they kept prodding.
The hypocrisy is stunning really. They did the same with Amy Winehouse of course, and many many others 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 15

monga

VIP Member
She seemed so broken after the death of her son, I hope her other children are being supported right now.

I will always love "No man's woman"
She was interviewed recently ,seemed to be finding peace and loved being a granny.I’m sure she’ll be greatly missed x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Sazie1

I’m so so sad about Sinead. Nothing compares 2 u is my fav song ever since it came out when I was 2. i’m from the netherlands so i couldn’t pronounce her name when I was 2 so I called her meis(from meisje that means girl in dutch). We still her call her like that. When i would hear or see her song I would yell Meis! Meis! I was obsessed with this song whenI was little. And I still love it. My dad send me a message today about this news. it’s so so sad. Thenpoor lady never had a change of a happy life or childhood. I’ve read her book and everything is so sad

• Sad
  • Heart

sassyyankee

My daughters and I have always used “Friends” as a reset button — when life gets too much, we pop it on and watch a few episodes. Matthew Perry was a big reason why — he just had that comic timing that made most lines hit with a laugh. While I am sure we will carry on with this tradition, it will not be the same knowing he is gone.

And Chita, I read his book. I would advise NOT reading it if you want to remember him closer to being Chandler Bing. His writing was honest — brutal, at times — and I would not want to read it now, after his tragic death. Maybe wait a few years?

• Heart
  • Sad

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
So very sorry to hear about Sinead, she was a beautiful soul. Someone on this forum said that her version of Nothing compares to u, was the definitive version, I totally agree. Rest in peace Sinead.

• Heart
  • Sad

Lalla

VIP Member
Very sad - brain tumours are just brutal because often by the time any symptoms show it's too late for any treatment, my ex's mum passed within a month of diagnosis :(

• Heart
  • Sad

ballerina73

So sad, she was so troubled especially after her son died. I hope she’s at peace now. Watched the documentary about her recently and it was brilliant

• Sad

monga

VIP Member
I’m so sad about Dave, I thought he had got better and that’s why he’d been on tv more the last few months.
I thought it came across like that! He must’ve wanted to carry on as normal as possible with a terminal diagnosis.

• Sad

50sGirl

VIP Member
I think so too. I don’t think he ever got over that, and that’s why I’m finding the BBC’s simpering tributes so two faced and hypocritical. I don‘t know why he didn’t follow Ken Bruce over to GHR as I’m sure they’d have snapped him up gladly, he had the highest rated radio show in Europe ffs. If somethings not broke, don’t fix it.
I was watching some tributes yesterday and the reason he didn’t go to another station was because they all wanted to dictate which records to play. On Radio 2 apparently he chose the playlist so he wanted the same control elsewhere.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Actress Piper Laurie has died aged 91. She is probably best remembered for her role as the deranged Mother in Stephen King's Carrie. She was a brilliant character actress.

• Heart