Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sh1tRollsDownHill

VIP Member
Dave Myers, one of the Hairy Bikers has died aged 66

Sad to hear this, he was a wonderful man, have met him a couple of times and he always had time for chat. Glad he got to have one more adventure around the country with Si doing what he loves. Have enjoyed all their programmes over the years but the last feels the most poignant.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
Warwick Davis wife has died aged 53.
They came across as such a lovely, close family.
RIP Samantha.
I met Sam and have had dinner out with her and Warwick , she was such a beautiful person, you know when you meet with someone and chat and you can tell their heart is so genuine, that’s how she was. It’s so sad.

• Heart
  • Sad

FamilyDollarSushi

Chatty Member
Such heartbreaking news.
I hope her children have the love and comfort they need.

Memory eternal to a spectacular woman who overcame so much.
And even though we came from two different worlds, her music was a comfort to a very troubled teen me.

• Heart
  • Sad

CausticYoda

Poor Dave. I said to my partner a couple of days ago that their current series felt very much like a swansong, he looked so frail. RIP.

• Sad
Reactions: 16

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
He was. I used to love Phantom Of The Opera back in the day and had a copy of the original West End version with Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford that I played all the time. It was 'lost' so I ended up buying the CD version of it. When he was cast in Corrie, I recognized the name but couldn't think from where until I was reading through the booklet a few weeks later and saw he played Firmin in the musical.

Speaking of Corrie, I remember when it was revealed he was gonna be in it and a lot of people questioned why he would 'slum it' in a soap as he was seen as a 'proper' actor. Of course, it was a different story as soon as he was on screen.

Here is...I say, here is a video of his normal voice.

He was posh I say, he was proper posh

• Haha
  • Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Yes, they said he died sudden.
Ken Bruce tweeted to say they had arranged to have lunch to celebrate Steve's MBE so it must have been very sudden.

The tributes on Twitter are absolutely lovely. Just about every famous name in the UK has said how generous and lovely he was. Simon Mayo chocking up over on Greatest Hits radio too.

• Sad
  • Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Second this. I read it last year when it came out - it is an incredible and astonishing piece of writing, but a very hard read. To feel the pain running through pretty much every year of his life was so sad. It was a miracle he made it to 54. So today’s news wasn’t a huge shock - but I have found it unbearably sad. Such a loss.
agreed - the saddest thing for me reading it was just how frequently he got in his own way (i don’t know how else to word it!) - he was desperate for marriage and family, but by his own admission ran away from romantic relationships when they became too serious. he wanted so desperately to be seen as the funniest person in the room that he could (again by his own admission) get mean and go too far. he had so many people who loved him but didn’t seem to truly believe that anyone did. he didn’t come across as very easy to like at times, but i also thought he was very honest about his own failings.

i hope his extremely anxious and sometimes tortured mind is at rest now :(

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Chita

VIP Member
Call me crazy if you like but I think the BBC scrapping his afternoon show killed him.
He lived for radio. It was his life's work.
He loved it.
The BBC took it away and something died inside him.

Bastards.

• Sad

Chita

VIP Member
I’ve been listening to the audio version this week. He keeps saying it’s a miracle he’s still alive 😭

Yeh prob too upsetting then.

Channel 5 in the UK have been repeating Friends lately.
I never get bored of it.
I love all the characters.

People say music is the soundtrack to our lives.

I think Friends was too.
A whole load of us know the characters so well and still compare stuff to scenes and situations from the show.
That's a legacy.

Just hurts all the more knowing Matthew was so unhappy and yet made us all laugh so much while he was crying inside.

yankydoo

Chatty Member

This has hit me hard. Adan Canto has passed away. I loved Designated Survivor. A beautiful man and only 42. Leaving behind and wife and two very young kids. Life is so cruel

• Sad
  • Heart

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Sometimes it's understandable that people can not carry on. Kristina Rhinoffs Instagram post explains his reasons. In a way I wish it was more acceptable but enabled in a way. Assisted suicide so to speak. I wish that it's in place when I'm older. Controversial I know so apologies in advance if I've upset anyone x

mee43

VIP Member
Can’t believe how upset I am about Dave Myers.
I’ve been watching the latest/last series they made and feeling like he knew it was one last adventure.
His absolute joy and love of life always shone out of him, imo, and it’s just heartbreaking that he ran out of road 😢

• Heart