Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the same attitude people have when missing persons are found "why don't they tell us where they were?" - because it's none of our business. If that man's family only want to share that it was a "brief illness" that's all we need to know. We're not owed an explanation as to what exact illness it was.

Reactions: 24
As a general side note, I do think that if a death is announced publicly, it should be a common courtesy to give a cause of death. Otherwise it just leaves everyone wondering.
I agree. It stops people surmising about a certain lifestyle if a family were to come out and say they had cancer or aids...otherwise people assume its drugs or suicide which could harm the family if it were untrue.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Absolutely devastated to hear the news about Mark. When I saw the news I literally gasped, what a shock. The Script are such lovely lads, never hear a bad word about them. Mark was such a family man.I'm sure the whole of The Script family are devastated tonight. I'm so glad iv had the opportunity to see them live a few times, will never be the same without Mark. Thanks for the music Mark. Rest in Peace xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just cut the crap and stop acting like you're better than the people openly wondering how a celebrity died, when you know damn well it's natural for people to be curious how a FAMOUS person died and to ask on a forum where people discuss FAMOUS people. You want to know how they died too and I can guarantee you've looked it up -- if you say you haven't you're definitely lying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Just cut the crap and stop acting like you're better than the people openly wondering how a celebrity died, when you know damn well it's natural for people to be curious how a FAMOUS person died and to ask on a forum where people discuss FAMOUS people. You want to know how they died too and I can guarantee you've looked it up -- if you say you haven't you're definitely lying.
I don’t think it was wondering how someone died that people were questioning. It was saying it was common courtesy for the family to tell everyone how

Reactions: 9
He has just died and the family deserve the right to grieve in peace. I am sure a cause of death will be released shortly.
It does seem as if he could have had cancer as he had taken time off for the last year to spend with his family.
It does sound like it was cancer. When they say it was a short illness, I assume that's what they mean. He may not have but as he took time off in 2021 and missed some of the tour last year, sounds like it to me. Whatever the cause of death though, he was a very talented guy who came across as lovely and 46 yrs is no age. His family and the guys will be devastated. The script will always be Mark, Danny and Glen to me. Will be hard for them to carry on as a 2 but hope they eventually will in his memory

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't see how mentioning the illness ******* their ability to grieve. If anything, the opposite, as it stops speculation.

Why would The Script plan a tour if he was ill, he is the lead guitarist?

In any case, it is the publicist who makes the statements. If you end the mystery, it makes it easier to address the sadness and focus on the grieving process.
To put it bluntly, they’ve just lost a loved one and I doubt they give a flying duck what you or anyone who didn’t know him thinks or speculates. Not everything is a huge conspiracy, people die young - always have and sadly always will.
It’s not about what you want. This is a “rest in peace“ thread so let his loved ones grieve in peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It does sound like it was cancer. When they say it was a short illness, I assume that's what they mean. He may not have but as he took time off in 2021 and missed some of the tour last year, sounds like it to me. Whatever the cause of death though, he was a very talented guy who came across as lovely and 46 yrs is no age. His family and the guys will be devastated. The script will always be Mark, Danny and Glen to me. Will be hard for them to carry on as a 2 but hope they eventually will in his memory
Or maybe it was covid going by this awful comment, would explain him not being able to partake in the US leg of the tour he did join them for the home gigs.
IMG_3435.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
according to twitter he was anti vaxx though obv like that'd stop people blaming it.

Drives me crazy any death you get the anti vax brigade blaming it, & then the flip side if they wernt vaccinated they blame covid. How about waiting :rolleyes:
I hadn’t seen anything about his health choices, if that’s the case maybe having his career took from under him had a detrimental effect on him ? they were to support Pink on her upcoming tour ,as far as I know the US doesn’t allow unvaccinated people in.

Reactions: 3
The wonderful actor Murray Melvin has died aged 90. RIP. ❤ One of his most famous roles was in the 1960s classic ‘A Taste of Honey’.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My friends and family do a little sweepstake on who will be the first famous person to die this year. It's all in good fun until someone mentions a name that would really upset you. Then you're like no, don't go tempting fate with that one.
Say hi to... https://tattle.life/threads/2023-celebrity-death-pool-2.37483/
---
Very few deaths of celebs that I don't know personally have emotionally affected me. Taylor Hawkins, Chester Bennington, David Bowie and Chris Cornell probably rocked me the most.

I know Paul McCartney is a good ol age at this point but I'll be devastated when he dies. I know people don't respect him much but he is my favourite beatle and his songwriting ability is second to none plus he didn't. He's so beautiful and kind too.
Paul only has three votes... https://tattle.life/threads/2023-celebrity-death-pool-2.37483/

I'll be honest i'd not heard of Tiffany before. Oh and i'm not as daft to say that people arnt dying as a result of the vaccine. As it can happen with every vaccines/asprin etc And it def needs finding out the odds etc of it happening.

Reactions: 1
The cause probably will come out.. but if it was suddenly then maybe they just don't have that information to release.

He actually lived in America with his wife so I don't think he couldn't travel for the tour due to the vaccination status.

Reactions: 1
The cause probably will come out.. but if it was suddenly then maybe they just don't have that information to release.

He actually lived in America with his wife so I don't think he couldn't travel for the tour due to the vaccination status.
They're going to have to do a post mortem as it's sudden so might not know for months.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
It says he had a short illness so I don’t think they will do an autopsy?
This is kind of my job so I’d assume (if he’s passed away in the U.K.) he wouldn’t have a PM if he’s seen a doctor recently, which sounds likely. The family could always pay for a private one, but it’s very rare that a family will actually choose to do this (more often you see them request that a PM doesn’t take place).
If he passed away outside of the U.K. though I’ve no idea what the rules would be.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.