Rest in Peace #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do not wish to derail the thread but I have a question. Someone I know is constantly threatening but so far has not done it. Is this really what someone with suicidal thoughts does, from what I’ve read no it’s not. So, those who know people or have been close, were they/you constantly threatening?

you just never know.
A controlling person might do that ie 'threaten but never mean it' but you never know, if someone mentions it to you it could mean they are thinking about it because they feel alone and unsupported so they might be making a cry for help by saying they are having suicidal thoughts.
My schoolfriend's father often threatened it and eventually he did it.
During lockdown a friend's husband spoke about having had enough. He went walkabout one day. He was found two days later by a dogwalker.
Then there are those who suffer alone and never say a word about having those thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Announcement of the death of 60s legand Mary Quant at 93 years of age.
Mary Quant was the 60s. She had a good run though. Thank you for introducing a skirt length that I could run to catch the bus in, make a short chick like me not look stumpy and display all my hard work I put into my legs at the gym. 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Terribly unlucky from what the fans who witnessed it are saying, they say he hit a wooden fence at low speed and a piece went through the windscreen.

Someone on r/wrc says they have a video but won't post it.

Sounds like he was impaled in the face.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
As a general side note, I do think that if a death is announced publicly, it should be a common courtesy to give a cause of death. Otherwise it just leaves everyone wondering.

Reactions: 8
As a general side note, I do think that if a death is announced publicly, it should be a common courtesy to give a cause of death. Otherwise it just leaves everyone wondering.
I completely disagree, its a private and personal thing, and no one’s business.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Then don't make a public statement.. instead of getting our attention and only telling us half of the story.
You can’t exactly keep the death of a famous person private though can you? Rumours would spread like wildfire pretty quickly anyway and then people would just speculate if he was dead or not (especially when he didn’t turn up on stage in the summer!) rather than what he died of. Unless there is a public inquest, which in this case I expect there won’t be if it was an illness, we don’t need to know, no matter how curious we may be.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Then don't make a public statement.. instead of getting our attention and only telling us half of the story.
It’s hardly for attention. Fans will want to know, especially as The Script posted three days ago they’re prepping for their summer gigs.

Just because they’re in the private eye, doesn’t mean they owe us absolutely everything. The man has just passed away, that’s all anyone needs to know.

Reactions: 13
??????

of course they’re going to announce his death, what do you expect them to do, keep it to themselves and just have people wondering why he no longer appears in public

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.