ResortTV1 #12 School’s Out, Grift’s On Welcome to the Josh Nelson Telethon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Almost forgot that he made a comment the other night (Saturday, I think) about how his media rep reached out to him to let him know that the reason he wasn't invited to a specific media event (don't recall if he said which one) was because all the international vloggers were invited to it. And then they apologized to him, and said he'd be on the list for the next one.

In what world does a Disney media person reach out to vloggers, unprompted, to tell them what events they are NOT invited to and why, and apologize to them? More likely Josh sent another one of his famous emails, whining about why wasn't he invited, and they responded.
I can tell you, 100% that he reached out to them.

Reactions: 10
Josh is being forced to take his kid to see the Encanto show, we can thank Stef for that one.
Thank Stef and Josh's greed. He's not gonna miss out on an opportunity to do a birthday stream-athon. Polish up the collection plate, Liam - it's time for you to start earning your keep!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Thank Stef and Josh's greed. He's not gonna miss out on an opportunity to do a birthday stream-athon. Polish up the collection plate, Liam - it's time for you to start earning your keep!
It is a wonder they don't do a birthday live stream for Jeremy, but perhaps he told them to never do that. 🤣 Perhaps there will be a Nita birthday stream then?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why is the DVC Preview! any different from any other trip in the log? Do they give DVC owners special x-ray glasses?

I'm honestly surprised that Josh doesn't make Liam do a little Disney song and dance for the viewers on the rare times he's allowed on the stream. "Sing for Nita, Liam!"

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm sure Auntie Nita will send a generous birthday grift for Liam (which, of course, will go right in Josh's pocket instead of in a savings account for Liam.)
---
As in you’re using your DVC privileges because you bought points and pay annual dues, or leeching off someone?
View attachment 2989322
I've said it before...Cast Member and DVC previews (and priveleges) should be for Cast Members & DVC members ONLY!

I'm sure Auntie Nita will send a generous birthday grift for Liam (which, of course, will go right in Josh's pocket instead of in a savings account for Liam.)
So the grift starts around 12:30..interested to see how this one goes.

Reactions: 5
I've said it before...Cast Member and DVC previews (and priveleges) should be for Cast Members & DVC members ONLY!
I feel this one. I've been a DVC member, staying on site but blocked from the members only special events as other greedy folk have decided to fill it up with non-family members not even staying with them. I stood in line to ask one time, and the large party in front of me was chattering on and on how cool the guy up front was to pop them on his reservation. They didn't even know his name!

I understand it's hard for them to draw that line, who is a family member and who is not (even in my own family we have two different surnames, but all 3 are my kids). Last time I went to one of these things (5 years or more back) they did not require anyone other than the DVC owner themselves to register. Everyone else was just a number on their reservation. I think what needs to be done is each member/attendee needs a profile created and linked to for the events. They'll have an easier time of weeding out the fake members or the grifters who show a pattern of popping up on other's reservations out of convenience this way.

• Heart
I feel this one. I've been a DVC member, staying on site but blocked from the members only special events as other greedy folk have decided to fill it up with non-family members not even staying with them. I stood in line to ask one time, and the large party in front of me was chattering on and on how cool the guy up front was to pop them on his reservation. They didn't even know his name!

I understand it's hard for them to draw that line, who is a family member and who is not (even in my own family we have two different surnames, but all 3 are my kids). Last time I went to one of these things (5 years or more back) they did not require anyone other than the DVC owner themselves to register. Everyone else was just a number on their reservation. I think what needs to be done is each member/attendee needs a profile created and linked to for the events. They'll have an easier time of weeding out the fake members or the grifters who show a pattern of popping up on other's reservations out of convenience this way.

Last time I registered for a DVC event, Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon on June 4th, they asked how many people were going to be in your party. No other details needed other than my DVC information. So it appears nothing has changed in 5+ years.

So the question is, what stan put him on their ressie? And OMG he is kissing the mouse's butt regarding this ride with his "review". :rolleyes:

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Last time I registered for a DVC event, Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon on June 4th, they asked how many people were going to be in your party. No other details needed other than my DVC information. So it appears nothing has changed in 5+ years.
TY for confirming this is still the case.
For all their ingenuity with entertainment technology, Disney is horrible with IT tech.

The nasty part is that although these events are "free" for DVC members and their families, they're really being subsidized by the dues we all pay. WE, including all those who want to be there but can't, are paying for Josh/Jenna and the other grifters to attend. In the case of the Splash remake reopening, there's really no cost there since Disney would be testing it anyway, but he is taking up a valued spot. It's when he's attending parties that it's really gross.
---
So the question is, what stan put him on their ressie? And OMG he is kissing the mouse's butt regarding this ride with his "review". :rolleyes:
I can't watch him so am making the assumption that once again Josh isn't looking at the big picture - he's staring down individual elements: the music, the animatronics. He's incapable of following a story anyone tells, so he certainly won't be looking for one here... which is good as it's really not there.

While cool that Disney managed to find a theme that they could force to fit using an IP they wanted to push, they committed the ultimate sin that Walt would have fired them all for: Story first.

Last edited:
Great parenting Josh! How about getting Liam dried off instead of yapping about the ride? The little guy is clearly upset about getting wet.

• Sad
  • Haha
Riding the Peoplemover and standing in line forever in the rain for it (so much for Liam getting dried off a bit ago), and now shopping for Stitchie!

I find it hilarious (unless I missed it) that Jenna was trying to add to Josh's review of the ride, but I don't think she's ridden it yet. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Riding the Peoplemover and standing in line forever in the rain for it (so much for Liam getting dried off a bit ago), and now shopping for Stitchie!

I find it hilarious (unless I missed it) that Jenna was trying to add to Josh's review of the ride, but I don't think she's ridden it yet. 🤦‍♀️
She rode it with the cast member, but her connection was poor and she put the phone down half way through the ride. That was the stream where shortly after the ride she was trying to sign off with a selfie, but a "$20" clink in the pot came through so she rushed to get it off selfie mode to thank the person, only to realize afterward it was a $200 clang in the pot and she tried to selfie it back up before the stream shut off. 🤣

Not sure if that stream is back up - Josh took it down, possibly to edit out Jenna's mistakes.

I’m here with the family on vacation. We won’t be able to ride Tiana’s and I’m fine with that. We’ll most likely be back soon. However, the girfters going to several previews is nauseating. They are actual AP members, so I won’t fault them on that one. However, Cast Member previews? Disgusting. That nice girl needs to make some friends and keep RTV1 off the list. DVC? How insulting for actual DVC members. Deluxe hours? As someone who is currently paying Deluxe money for this perk, I’m disgusted. Meanwhile, the grifters keep on grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m totally against the multiple previews that these grifters are getting. You should get one shot: CM, DVC, or AP. Once you get one, your ticket is blocked out from the others.

That’s why I’m glad Disney released the POV of this ride. It kinda cut down on people like Josh clamoring for the “firsts.”

Btw, both Josh and Jenna mentioned the media event at least twice today. It must be devastating to see everyone wined and dined while they’re left on the outside. And no, Josh, it’s not because of the “international media” either.

Reactions: 13