ResortTV1 #12 School’s Out, Grift’s On Welcome to the Josh Nelson Telethon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jenna in line for Tiana's: Man, I reallly want a Brownie. Do they sell Brownie's here? Can I say Brownie anymore?
Josh: You can say Brownie.

This happens about 19 minutes into the stream. I hope I am hearing incorrectly and maybe missed the setup for the Brownie discussion, but what?
Please don't tell me she's making some kind of joke about "political correctness" and all the words and phrases they "can't say anymore." Although I certainly wouldn't put it past them.
---
She bought it didn't she? What's up with all these streamers obsessed over getting children's toys and trinkets to display in their houses? I'd be happy to play with it in the store (sorry!) but leave it for a child to buy and use, perhaps as a night light.

The homes of these folk look like a disney branded unicorn threw up all over the place.
The saddest part about that to me is that their homes are like toy museums, where the toys are just displayed to be admired and preserved in perfect condition instead of played with by actual children (cue the Sarah MacLachlan music).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Please don't tell me she's making some kind of joke about "political correctness" and all the words and phrases they "can't say anymore." Although I certainly wouldn't put it past them.
Yeah, I really think it was about being PC, but just in very poor taste considering she's in line for Opening Day of Tiana's Bayou. It's probably the things she talks about with mom and dad off stream.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I don't think Jenna is racist.
I hope Josh isn't racist, although some things he has said about certain schools kind of come across like he might be.

Did she ask the question with a chuckle or was she deadpan about it?

Reactions: 3
Did she ask the question with a chuckle or was she deadpan about it?
Rewind to about 19 minutes in . The stream is pointed at a tree and then turns to face the Tiana mural in line. I mean, why wouldn't you be able to say Brownie? She's talking about race. Yes, giggling, but is that even a funny reference?

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Rewind to about 19 minutes in . The stream is pointed at a tree and then turns to face the Tiana mural in line. I mean, why wouldn't you be able to say Brownie? She's talking about race. Yes, giggling, but is that even a funny reference?
No, it isn't. Neither was Dale making fun of a Japanese accent on their Sanrio unboxing vlog. Or that flea market they went to with all the Gadsden flags. Or their refusal to acknowledge Juneteenth last week, except for calling it the holiday. While Jenna's comment may not have been overtly racist, there is a pattern of behavior here.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
No, it isn't. Neither was Dale making fun of a Japanese accent on their Sanrio unboxing vlog. Or that flea market they went to with all the Gadsden flags. Or their refusal to acknowledge Juneteenth last week, except for calling it the holiday. While Jenna's comment may not have been overtly racist, there is a pattern of behavior here.
She's showing ignorance and using it to intentionally mock the situation. That's just as gross as Jenn Tracker and her bit about "catching the gay".

Jenna, if you read here, we're not saying you can't have fun with words... but some terms deserve respect and empathy. You showed neither.

• Heart
At the end of Koda Bear the Explorer's stream last night, he went into the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, and look at what was on one of the displays (apologies for the poor quality screenshot):
1000006508.jpg

I don't know whether they have a similar decoration in WDW anywhere, and I suppose it's possible Jenna and Dale came up with the exact same concept all on their own, but it seems more likely that they copied the idea from Disney, just like J&J have copied every other idea they've ever had from someone else.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
You can do a google search and lots of wooden Mickey flag patterns pop up. He isn't the first to sell these on Etsy. This shop does it better. Nelsons love to profit off of other people's ideas.
Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 12.08.25 PM.png

Reactions: 5
You can do a google search and lots of wooden Mickey flag patterns pop up. He isn't the first to sell these on Etsy. This shop does it better. Nelsons love to profit off of other people's ideas.
View attachment 3024387
See, now that's a much better looking one. Not only are the stars and stripes in good proportion, they added central marks to the stars adding the illusion of dimension.

Competition is good, otherwise we get these stupid-high prices like what you see. Right now Dale's buyers are all stans who will throw money at them so they can hold an items Dale/Jenna held and worked on. When that market is tapped out, Dale's wooden flag-ears won't sell at $68. They might not sell at all given that the proportions look very strange.

The key is to keep innovating new ideas. Go back and reproduce items that are in high demand. Dale's not a real shop owner though. He's just playing around with it while he waits to land a job.

Reactions: 6

Stef’s blog give me anxiety about hurricanes. All you have to do is make sure you’re prepared with food, medicine, batteries, etc. She has a detailed plan for EVERYTHING! Like chill a little.

If I had to choose between staying inside with her or outside with the hurricane, I would grab my raincoat.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Stef’s blog give me anxiety about hurricanes. All you have to do is make sure you’re prepared with food, medicine, batteries, etc. She has a detailed plan for EVERYTHING! Like chill a little.

If I had to choose between staying inside with her or outside with the hurricane, I would grab my raincoat.
Two years ago the coast of florida was being flattened by a hurricane while Josh giggled his way around empty theme parks, proclaiming how safe he was and it was just a little rain. We knew it was about money but I'm sure, like you're saying, there was a Stef component to it too.

• Angry

She makes it sound like living in Orlando you're gonna have a Cat 5 overhead and prepare for death and destruction.

It would be good of her to at least read over what she wrote. "but the closets had boxes tossed them and we had just shut the doors."

• Haha
She makes it sound like living in Orlando you're gonna have a Cat 5 overhead and prepare for death and destruction.

It would be good of her to at least read over what she wrote. "but the closets had boxes tossed them and we had just shut the doors."
I wonder if Stef has a 3-5 steps for preparedness for a blizzard? A tornado? Volcanic eruption? Alien takeover? ... all in Florida of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh you know this woman has a three-ring binder, updated quarterly, for each and every disaster from Arson to Zombies.

• Haha

Two years ago the coast of florida was being flattened by a hurricane while Josh giggled his way around empty theme parks, proclaiming how safe he was and it was just a little rain. We knew it was about money but I'm sure, like you're saying, there was a Stef component to it too.
Lol - Josh agrees with @FLAGirl and heads to the parks the minute Stef starts hauling "7 days worth of water, food and toys into the the closet."

Stef's proofreading skills are right up there with her writing, cooking (Turkey Wiggle), and probably cleaning, judging by how often she mentioned her allergies and allergy meds when talking about their closets. And lol on the adults' favorite hurricane activities. Stef likes to binge watch an entire TV series, and Josh likes to play a video game all the way through from beginning to end. Apparently, in spite of all of her preparing, they are not prepared to lose power. Or spend any time actually interacting with their child.

My favorite line from the article, talking about Liam: "thankfully, he doesn’t remember the anxious, headachy grump." Ask his therapist about that in 20 years. I'm pretty sure he's going to remember a lot more than you'd like to think about his perpetually anxious, grumpy mother and absent father (cue Cat's in the Cradle).

Oh you know this woman has a three-ring binder, updated quarterly, for each and every disaster from Arson to Zombies.
I want to read the binder that includes help for her biggest disaster, marrying Josh Nelson.