ResortTV1 #11 You Don't Have to Go Home, But You Can't Grift Here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More DAS updates. If you lie to Mickey, you’re getting banned. All those years of happily using Joey’s World, Mama Mouse, and LBV TV to cut in line has consequences.

From the official WDW website:

If it is determined that any of the statements a Guest made in the process of obtaining DAS are not true, the Guest will be permanently barred from entering Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort, and any previously purchased Annual Passes , Magic Key passes, tickets and other park products and services will be forfeited and not refunded.

This is what happens when all the streamers, vloggers, and other influencers have been cheating the system. I feel sorry for someone who really needs the DAS. But because the selfishness of a few, everyone has to suffer.
I'll believe when I see it.

What ResortTV1 does on a daily basis goes against numerous rules about commercial operations on Disney property and using Disney IP for profit, but they haven't been trespassed yet.

Reactions: 9
More DAS updates. If you lie to Mickey, you’re getting banned.

If it is determined that any of the statements a Guest made in the process of obtaining DAS are not true, the Guest will be permanently barred from entering Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort, and any previously purchased Annual Passes , Magic Key passes, tickets and other park products and services will be forfeited and not refunded.

This is what happens when all the streamers, vloggers, and other influencers have been cheating the system. I feel sorry for someone who really needs the DAS. But because the selfishness of a few, everyone has to suffer.
Interesting. So while they won't be following the average guest around except if trouble follows them, they can very well be monitoring these social media folk.

I'm all for that!
---
I'll believe when I see it.

What ResortTV1 does on a daily basis goes against numerous rules about commercial operations on Disney property and using Disney IP for profit, but they haven't been trespassed yet.
You're right, Disney does everything they can to turn a blind eye to social media folk unless they're causing waves in a large way (think of Tim Tracker's racist videos coming to light during the nation-wide demonstrations for black equality.)
Also Adam the Woo was Trespassed for going backstage (in dangerous areas even) and his ability to visit the parks was restored once a Lawyer convinced Disney he learned his lesson and it wasn't worth a fight to keep him out as Adam had a platform.

There goes my hope, again. Sigh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think Josh was at the park with Joey's World last night. I wonder if that was his last night of DAS grifting?

I didn’t read the new rules yet, but if it is truly family based, they should refrain from streaming themselves using DAS accommodations. Of course Josh thinks he’s above it all. Caught him saying “Disney approves of us” recently.

Reactions: 5
I think Josh was at the park with Joey's World last night. I wonder if that was his last night of DAS grifting?
Not while they were with Josh. Josh did SSE on his own, the Seas with Joey through standby, Land and Soarin standby, Mexico, showed band for a bit then fireworks. Soarin was 15 when they walked in so that's basically a walk-on.

I'm waiting to see how Living in Diz handles this. Their entourage is gonna have to be on their own now.

Reactions: 9
I didn’t read the new rules yet, but if it is truly family based, they should refrain from streaming themselves using DAS accommodations. Of course Josh thinks he’s above it all. Caught him saying “Disney approves of us” recently.
Josh had better watch himself. Last person I heard say that (besides Josh) was Tim Tracker. Next thing you knew Tim was black listed from all Disney media events.

Josh had better watch himself. Last person I heard say that (besides Josh) was Tim Tracker. Next thing you knew Tim was black listed from all Disney media events.
The moment they get banned from Disney they'll run to Universal just like they did at the beginning of coronavirus when Disney closed. 🤣 (Jenna can pretend she's at Magic Kingdom again as she stands in front of her castle tapestry at home.)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just took a peek at the DisBoard thread about these DAS changes. Forgot what a toxic place that is with all the in-fighting. How anyone can get information out of that mess is beyond me.

More DAS updates. If you lie to Mickey, you’re getting banned. All those years of happily using Joey’s World, Mama Mouse, and LBV TV to cut in line has consequences.

If they are not asking for proof, how will they know!

Reactions: 1
In the new policy they will be asking for proof.
By law they are not permitted to ask for proof, nor are they allowed to ask for details of the person's issue. The question posed was "what do you hope the DAS pass would do for you?" This question left it open for the person to detail out their problem without being asked.
Outsourcing this won't change this law. They still cannot ask for details or proof.

It gets tough to tell the difference between fakers and those who really need the accommodations. I think in the past the screening cast members felt the need to please everyone. By outsourcing this task Disney can point at that "professional team" and say, we don't make the call, they do.

From this morning's announcement, it's going to be a Skyliner resort hopping stream tonight, so try to contain your excitement. And in keeping with the plan of "taking some Saturdays off," Josh also plans to stream tomorrow night as well. Probably MK, but tell him where you'd like to go in the comments, and he'll just do whatever he wants to do anyway.

Tank also makes an appearance, and isn't trying to bite Josh for a change. He's getting big - I believe Josh said he's a little over 5 months old and more than 30 pounds, and he's so darn cute (Tank, not Josh)!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
From this morning's announcement, it's going to be a Skyliner resort hopping stream tonight, so try to contain your excitement. And in keeping with the plan of "taking some Saturdays off," Josh also plans to stream tomorrow night as well. Probably MK, but tell him where you'd like to go in the comments, and he'll just do whatever he wants to do anyway.

Tank also makes an appearance, and isn't trying to bite Josh for a change. He's getting big - I believe Josh said he's a little over 5 months old and more than 30 pounds, and he's so darn cute (Tank, not Josh)!
Sounds like another great night to put on reruns from better streamers - maybe catch up with Cory meets World unless he has his know it all friend with him.

Question: Josh, feel free to chime in here... we know you're reading as you have to try and control the narrative.
Why don't other WDW streamers stream opposite Josh on Fridays?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sounds like another great night to put on reruns from better streamers - maybe catch up with Cory meets World unless he has his know it all friend with him.

Question: Josh, feel free to chime in here... we know you're reading as you have to try and control the narrative.
Why don't other WDW streamers stream opposite Josh on Fridays?
Great idea! I watched a few minutes of Cory Meets World last night, and I don't think Steve was with him. I can't watch when they're together; not because of Steve necessarily, but Cory tends to spend the entire stream making jokes about Steve not liking seafood, and that gets old quickly.

As for no one else streaming regularly on Friday nights, I doubt it's out of any kind of respect for Josh. Not wanting to compete, maybe. But probably most likely that everyone is tired at the end of the work week, and they just want to spend time with their families. Much like Josh, except he wants to spend time with his REAL family - his sister/wife and parents - so he streams.

Side note - Dale has been posting a LOT on his IG lately. That golf expo, actual golfing, spending time with Jenna in the parks and other places; many during normal business hours. Initially, I thought he probably just took time off to volunteer at the golf tournament, but that was several weeks ago. This morning, he was at an auto supply store, showing how he takes his used oil after changing the oil in his car. Does he still have a job? Or has he decided to make vlogging his "full-time job," like Jenna? That would leave Josh as the sole person in their extended family of 7 who has an actual job.

I'm sure it's not out of respect as Josh has been quick to show he doesn't give a flip who's been streaming on what days - they're all his as far as he's concerned, even streaming up against Jenna's BFF while Jenna was with them (all while the mods in the RTV1 chat got mad and deleted any comments about what the Meyers and Jenna were up to.)

I wasn't aware Dale had an IG account, or I did and unfollowed him. I found DaleRTV, if that's him, and don't see the oil change bit you mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I'm sure it's not out of respect as Josh has been quick to show he doesn't give a flip who's been streaming on what days - they're all his as far as he's concerned, even streaming up against Jenna's BFF while Jenna was with them (all while the mods in the RTV1 chat got mad and deleted any comments about what the Meyers and Jenna were up to.)

I wasn't aware Dale had an IG account, or I did and unfollowed him. I found DaleRTV, if that's him, and don't see the oil change bit you mentioned.
Josh destroyed any respect anyone else had for him a long time ago. Envy for the number of subscribers he has, sure. But that doesn't mean much if he can't pull larger numbers of viewers than he's currently getting.

Sorry about that - the oil thing is in his stories; not a post. And dalertv is Dale's account. He's the only one of them I still follow.

Reactions: 3
Great idea! I watched a few minutes of Cory Meets World last night, and I don't think Steve was with him. I can't watch when they're together; not because of Steve necessarily, but Cory tends to spend the entire stream making jokes about Steve not liking seafood, and that gets old quickly.

As for no one else streaming regularly on Friday nights, I doubt it's out of any kind of respect for Josh. Not wanting to compete, maybe. But probably most likely that everyone is tired at the end of the work week, and they just want to spend time with their families. Much like Josh, except he wants to spend time with his REAL family - his sister/wife and parents - so he streams.

Side note - Dale has been posting a LOT on his IG lately. That golf expo, actual golfing, spending time with Jenna in the parks and other places; many during normal business hours. Initially, I thought he probably just took time off to volunteer at the golf tournament, but that was several weeks ago. This morning, he was at an auto supply store, showing how he takes his used oil after changing the oil in his car. Does he still have a job? Or has he decided to make vlogging his "full-time job," like Jenna? That would leave Josh as the sole person in their extended family of 7 who has an actual job.
On the stream last week that he was on with Jenna, he mentioned he doesn't really have a full-time job at this time. Something about only going down to one day a week. But not sure about what he does; it was mentioned in the past about investing money kinda job.
So, he has more time on his hands while he looks for something else.

On the stream last week that he was on with Jenna, he mentioned he doesn't really have a full-time job at this time. Something about only going down to one day a week. But not sure about what he does; it was mentioned in the past about investing money kinda job.
My sister does the same job he did, it's not hard to do quite well if you stay responsive to your clients needs and stay on top of your certifications. The more states you're able to work in the better, particularly with all the well off snow bird types in FL.
Sounds like either his company was absorbed by another and he lost his contracts or something else is up. He's out golfing? Doesn't seem to be a health issue then.

Reactions: 2
My sister does the same job he did, it's not hard to do quite well if you stay responsive to your clients needs and stay on top of your certifications. The more states you're able to work in the better, particularly with all the well off snow bird types in FL.
Sounds like either his company was absorbed by another and he lost his contracts or something else is up. He's out golfing? Doesn't seem to be a health issue then.
Mystery solved - thank you! I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope he finds something soon. Maybe Jenna should think about getting at least a part-time job. Or would that be too much adventure for her?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.