red_lips77

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone asked the other day what would be best to choose from a Chinese because it was her weigh day in a couple of days and she didn't want to blow a week's worth of hard work, which is a valid way to feel, and her reply was SO unhelpful, talking about oh it's only one meal and have what you want etc. She doesn't seem to appreciate that not everyone has the same relationship with the scales that she does. Some of us, myself included, use the scales for motivation and would therefore like to see progress week on week and know that if I "have what I want" from the Chinese 2 days before weigh day, my weigh in won't give an accurate reflection as I'd still be bloated etc. She acts like having that mentality is the worst possible way to think and really gets on her high horse over it, winds me right up.
It's OK for her, she reached her goal a few years ago now. I bet she wouldn't have had the same attitude when she was in weightloss mode so she shouldn't be so flippant when people ask a question.

She showed her sw book and I think that she lost every single week. How is that even possible 🤔 I doubt very much she would have lost the weight if she was cal counting and could choose to spend her cals on whatever she liked when she was 20 stone. She has a short memory I think, what it's like to be in that state of mind over eating.

Reactions: 6
It's hard to imagine her as a life coach when she's so self obsessed and single minded.

Reactions: 7
It's hard to imagine her as a life coach when she's so self obsessed and single minded.
She's got a short memory too of how much she embarrassed herself when that guy dumped her. Pouring her heart out on instagram like a desperate love struck 16yr old 🥴 but no-one else can have weak moments obviously 😄😏

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She just posted a photo of her bedroom on her stories with the caption ‘ah that’s better’ but I don’t know wtf she thinks it’s better than - it’s a bloody shithole 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
And this is what fucks me off about her 😡
Yeah she’s bashing it but it helped her lose major weight loss. Each to their own on it as I’m not a fan but that’s becuase i can’t stick to it 🤣
I guess it’s like any diet comes with good and bad but I guess it’s more the nutrition that’s the bad further down the line with macros etc
but again that’s just my opinion I’m not bashing it as it does work for people.

I never really knew what exactly it was she hated it for after so long 🤔

Reactions: 1
Yeah she’s bashing it but it helped her lose major weight loss. Each to their own on it as I’m not a fan but that’s becuase i can’t stick to it 🤣
I guess it’s like any diet comes with good and bad but I guess it’s more the nutrition that’s the bad further down the line with macros etc

The SW diet is actually well balanced but you get all the insta huns who do treat plates and tweaks and post plates piled high with food that actually ruin it. She lost 10st with the diet, switched to cal counting and from what I can gather gained a little weight back. The majority of foods that are ‘free’ on SW are low cal high density (apart from the pasta/rice). Even potatoes (when not fried) are relatively low calorie for a reasonable portion (200g). Everyone has a diet that works for them. I hate cal counting, it’s tedious and makes me reach for processed/package meals because it’s easier to track it.

Reactions: 8

Usually it’s that it gave them a bad relationship with food. As someone who was grossly overweight I’d argue that the bad relationship was already there, certainly was for me 😂 Not taking away from those who do but also know people who obsess over calories and macros, Points on WW, carbs when to Cambridge. It’s just going from one obsession to the next 🤨

You’re right, it’s different things for different people and ultimately it’s will power that’s needed. SW enabled me to sit and eat the food with my family, CC and Macro’s for me was stressful and often see me eating different food or panicking when eating out. Not for me thanks 🙂

Reactions: 8
What an absolute hypocrite she is slagging off the food on SW, when she used to argue on her page that the plan COULD and DOES fit her macros .... defended it to the hilt when it was making her money and building up a following 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️ she loved wanking over the other insta wankers at the SW ball too 🤦🏼‍♀️she's an absolute fraud with a short memory!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What an absolute hypocrite she is slagging off the food on SW, when she used to argue on her page that the plan COULD and DOES fit her macros .... defended it to the hilt when it was making her money and building up a following 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️ she loved wanking over the other insta wankers at the SW ball too 🤦🏼‍♀️she's an absolute fraud with a short memory!
Exactly!!!

Reactions: 3
Usually it’s that it gave them a bad relationship with food. As someone who was grossly overweight I’d argue that the bad relationship was already there, certainly was for me 😂 Not taking away from those who do but also know people who obsess over calories and macros, Points on WW, carbs when to Cambridge. It’s just going from one obsession to the next 🤨

You’re right, it’s different things for different people and ultimately it’s will power that’s needed. SW enabled me to sit and eat the food with my family, CC and Macro’s for me was stressful and often see me eating different food or panicking when eating out. Not for me thanks 🙂
Completely agree x

Reactions: 3
Still lost 10 stone doing it though didnt you love?
Yes and as she is ‘qualified in nutrition’ (whatever that means). She should know it’s not just about the 12 kcals difference. It’s about the overall nutrition in the meal too. How much fat does it contain? How much sugar, etc?

Reactions: 6
Yes and as she is ‘qualified in nutrition’ (whatever that means). She should know it’s not just about the 12 kcals difference. It’s about the overall nutrition in the meal too. How much fat does it contain? How much sugar, etc?
Totally true. There’s basic calorie counting (cals in cals out) and then macros where you aim to eat a balanced diet (carbs, protein, fats). If you eat the ‘normal’ ready meal I bet the salt and fat is massively different. Low cal ready meals are always watery and bland! That’s because they are low fat and pumped full of artificial crap. She’s done amazing to lose 10st but if she doesn’t know what the difference is (apart from the 12cals) then she shouldn’t be running a group!

Reactions: 5
Oh god, now LucyWharton is on the anti SW wagon. Can’t have that great a memory given it was only last month she was wetting her knickers every time she walked into a supermarket and saw her face on the magazine rack 🙄 Same magazine in which she was gushing about how liberating SW was. You got to where you are because of SW - own it 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 11