red_lips77

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god, now LucyWharton is on the anti SW wagon. Can’t have that great a memory given it was only last month she was wetting her knickers every time she walked into a supermarket and saw her face on the magazine rack 🙄 Same magazine in which she was gushing about how liberating SW was. You got to where you are because of SW - own it 👍🏻
Wasn’t she a consultant at one point too?

Reactions: 4
Wasn’t she a consultant at one point too?
Yeah for a few weeks/months 🙄

Frankly I hate diet bashing, things works for different people. These two both lost the majority of their weight through SW and are now so against it. Pathetic.

Reactions: 12
Totally true. There’s basic calorie counting (cals in cals out) and then macros where you aim to eat a balanced diet (carbs, protein, fats). If you eat the ‘normal’ ready meal I bet the salt and fat is massively different. Low cal ready meals are always watery and bland! That’s because they are low fat and pumped full of artificial crap. She’s done amazing to lose 10st but if she doesn’t know what the difference is (apart from the 12cals) then she shouldn’t be running a group!
Also not mentioned, is that the SW one is 550g and the tesco one is 450g so 100g more but 12 kcal less. Not that I’d eat the SW one because it’s probably vile like the rest of them, I’d much rather have the full fat version and enjoy it or make it from scratch myself and enjoy it even more, but that’s besides the point really, the point is that it’s not as simple as ‘only 12kcal less’!

Reactions: 6
Also not mentioned, is that the SW one is 550g and the tesco one is 450g so 100g more but 12 kcal less. Not that I’d eat the SW one because it’s probably vile like the rest of them, I’d much rather have the full fat version and enjoy it or make it from scratch myself and enjoy it even more, but that’s besides the point really, the point is that it’s not as simple as ‘only 12kcal less’!
I find a lot of the cal counting crew over simplify things so it fits their narrative. I’ve had one of the SW meals and it tasted like crap but it was a massive portion!

Reactions: 5
I’ve known her for over 15 years through various old forums. In those days she was massive. Her personality has changed big time since she lost all of her weight.

I find a lot of the cal counting crew over simplify things so it fits their narrative. I’ve had one of the SW meals and it tasted like crap but it was a massive portion!
I like the SW meals, for the price and size it’s much better value than a takeaway (Partial to their Chinese Banquet) and they fill me up unlike the generic supermarket/WW ones.

On the subject of WW, their plan is very similar to SW and their merchandise and food offering is huge so why don’t they get the same flack?

Also, I’ve never witnessed followers of other plans slag off other plans like CC’s/“Nutritional” “Guru’s“ do. It’s so rude and condescending when they make out that the people who follow other plans are dumb and uneducated, especially when half them lost weight in the first place following a weighloss plan. Mate, my 65 year old Aunt doesn’t want to sit there and MFP every item of food she eats 🙄

Reactions: 8
I like the SW meals, for the price and size it’s much better value than a takeaway (Partial to their Chinese Banquet) and they fill me up unlike the generic supermarket/WW ones.

On the subject of WW, their plan is very similar to SW and their merchandise and food offering is huge so why don’t they get the same flack?

Also, I’ve never witnessed followers of other plans slag off other plans like CC’s/“Nutritional” “Guru’s“ do. It’s so rude and condescending when they make out that the people who follow other plans are dumb and uneducated, especially when half them lost weight in the first place following a weighloss plan. Mate, my 65 year old Aunt doesn’t want to sit there and MFP every item of food she eats 🙄
I've found some of the sw meals very bland but to be honest they're a handy thing to have in the freezer and if adding a bit of salt or seasoning means I'm not dialling the pizza or chippie then they're worth it.

Yep, condescending cunts.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree with you. I prefer SW and WW to cal counting.

I’m guessing SW get more stick as they use ‘syns’ and ‘synergy’ which is made up. I think if they updated these then they wouldn’t get half as much flack.

I do think WW is more inline with cal counting (counting points) but the WW purple plan is very similar.

The fact that every big calorie counting account started as a successful SW member and lost a lot of weight should say a lot about it’s plan. However because you have James Smith and crew shouting about cal counting and NEAT like they reinvented the wheel everyone jumps on the SW bandwagon.

Personally I think if you want to lose weight do whatever plan you can stick to. I’m a WW’er myself but with elements of SW. I like home cooked meals!

QUOTE="eSsExBiRd, post: 2327695, member: 14872"]

[/QUOTE]

The amount of processed crap they’re eating now 🤮 Ready Meals, Granada Bars, syrups, pots of protein cake “because they can” A good friend of mine is a PT and she wouldn’t dream of eating this tit

They contradict themselves so much when giving advice in the FB group - telling people they can eat whatever they like and not to avoid anything, but in another comment telling the poster off for having unbalanced macros and to watch her %s of nutrients!
It also annoys me how, when someone says they avoid certain foods for their own health reasons, Catherine and Steve jump on them to have a go at them for it! I know they’re there for general advice, but everyone in there is a grown adult who can make their own dietary decisions if they have good reason to!

I’ve known her for over 15 years through various old forums. In those days she was massive. Her personality has changed big time since she lost all of her weight.
Really? That's interesting. She hasn't been quite so "sassy" all her life as she would have us all believe then? Do you believe she lost it all on SW or has she had some kind of weightloss help? Her SW books states she lost every single week. That's rarely heard of on SW and when you have so much to lose. I liked her when I first saw her, before she got a little bit popular. I think it's all gone to her head 🙄 the relentless catfishing is so annoying and desperate 🤦🏼‍♀️

Really? That's interesting. She hasn't been quite so "sassy" all her life as she would have us all believe then? Do you believe she lost it all on SW or has she had some kind of weightloss help? Her SW books states she lost every single week. That's rarely heard of on SW and when you have so much to lose. I liked her when I first saw her, before she got a little bit popular. I think it's all gone to her head 🙄 the relentless catfishing is so annoying and desperate 🤦🏼‍♀️
She was a lot less ‘sassy’ and full of herself when she was bigger. She’s like a totally different person now, I guess the weight loss gave her a lot of confidence. As far as I know she lost the weight on SW.

She was a lot less ‘sassy’ and full of herself when she was bigger. She’s like a totally different person now, I guess the weight loss gave her a lot of confidence. As far as I know she lost the weight on SW.
I think it's brilliant when someone has confidence, a lot of self love and respect. But it can go over to arrogance and ego. I do feel she's changed a lot even from when I first knew of her.

I think it's brilliant when someone has confidence, a lot of self love and respect. But it can go over to arrogance and ego. I do feel she's changed a lot even from when I first knew of her.
I totally agree. Unfortunately lots of instagrammers start to get that sense of arrogance once they get to a certain amount of followers. It's a shame as it's very off-putting for followers once they get like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yikes! State of her in that pink ribbed dress.When you make a dress look like a sweater, hun, it's time to get a bigger size

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7