Rebeccaloves__#52 watching TV seasonally

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just read that she considers herself β€˜pretty well read’ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I CANNOT BREATHE πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Oh and she’s never heard of the word din.

Edit for evidence….
Freya needs to go to school more often, thats a very easy book for this point in the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve just read that she considers herself β€˜pretty well read’ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I CANNOT BREATHE πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Oh and she’s never heard of the word din.

Edit for evidence….
She's never heard the the word 'din'...in the words of grabby 'that is mind blowing'!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Freya needs to go to school more often, thats a very easy book for this point in the year.
β€˜Help’ is a phase 4 word which is on track for the end of Reception so the book is actually the right level for F, even if it is a little beyond the comprehension level and word reading level of Grabby πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Wait wait wait. She went to America and bought … wrapping paper!!?! That’s worse than the baking trays!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
β€˜Help’ is a phase 4 word which is on track for the end of Reception so the book is actually the right level for F, even if it is a little beyond the comprehension level and word reading level of Grabby πŸ˜‚
I’m a teacher with working knowledge of that scheme. It is a bug club phonics book and that particular book is an autumn term 2 book. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Reactions: 6
It would have been expected a few years ago before the new early years curriculum and when schools followed letters and sounds but definitely not expected with the new curriculum and phonics schemes standards. That's probably expected level in December time now so she is slightly behind. Not that it matters if she's naturally behind but is it more that she's missed so much school she's missed out on the phonics lessons that are teaching the new sounds and high frequency words she needs

Reactions: 9
It would have been expected a few years ago before the new early years curriculum and when schools followed letters and sounds but definitely not expected with the new curriculum and phonics schemes standards. That's probably expected level in December time now so she is slightly behind. Not that it matters if she's naturally behind but is it more that she's missed so much school she's missed out on the phonics lessons that are teaching the new sounds and high frequency words she needs
This was exactly my point, thank you for wording it so much better than me!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Bet she didn’t take her pictures of her in her buggy into school though, did she. I cannot comprehend it at this stage of reception!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
A trip to the zoo (again) and F is still in the bloody double buggy! She’s about to finish her first year at school! How utterly ridiculous.

Reactions: 17
I don’t want to argue about phonics schemes when Grabby is the issue and I completely agree that Freya’s attendance has been awful. But I’m a phonics lead for a local authority - under the new framework and phonics regulations that came in Feb 2022, F is absolutely on track if that’s what she can read independently. Phase 3 used to be end of reception, now it’s phase 4 as you rightly said, the bar is now higher. I’m sure due to her consistently being off school her social skills are poor (we’ve seen the stomping) and she will have huge gaps in knowledge elsewhere.

Reactions: 6
I don’t want to argue about phonics schemes when Grabby is the issue and I completely agree that Freya’s attendance has been awful. But I’m a phonics lead for a local authority - under the new framework and phonics regulations that came in Feb 2022, F is absolutely on track if that’s what she can read independently. Phase 3 used to be end of reception, now it’s phase 4 as you rightly said, the bar is now higher. I’m sure due to her consistently being off school her social skills are poor (we’ve seen the stomping) and she will have huge gaps in knowledge elsewhere.
It's a phase 2 book

Attachments

Reactions: 1