Rebeccaloves__#52 watching TV seasonally

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you look at the floor plans submitted with their many failed planning application, they clearly didn’t think Raffy’s corridor room could be utilised as an en-suite bathroom but it was ok as a ‘bedroom’. I’m using the word bedroom very loosely!

His ‘bedroom’ would not meet fire regs and certainly falls well below the minimum space standards.

He should be moved into the spare bedroom and if they want a guest room they should repurpose the over filled and under utilised ‘snug’ downstairs.

Even having the children sharing a room would be preferable to the current set up.

And ultimately if the space doesn’t work for the family - MOVE. They’re not trees

It's dreadful, if a fire started and spread up the stairs Raffys corridor would be engulfed in smoke and flames in seconds. He wouldn't stand a chance

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Imagine the sounds and smells drifting down that staircase when you're drifting off to sleep. Dreamy 💕
Is there actually a toilet in there? Dug out the reno blog post for the attic bathroom:

Towards the end she says they'll fit a toilet eventually but I wonder if they ever did? I have a feeling they didn't because they're too tight to get a plumber in.

The post is pretty enlightening as it seems that control freak Ben HAS to do everything himself even if it's a shoddy job (which it is); the tiling, the installation of underfloor heating, the cladding etc. Also it's so uncomfortable how clear it is in her writing that she absolutely worships him, saying things like 'Ben cleverly realised it was perfect for an ensuite' (I mean who the duck looks at an attic you can't stand up in and thinks yep, this will make a brilliant bathroom?!?) and Ben this, Ben that. I bet most of the stuff in their house doesn't work properly but she will never complain and he will never admit he's done a botch job.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It's dreadful, if a fire started and spread up the stairs Raffys corridor would be engulfed in smoke and flames in seconds. He wouldn't stand a chance
The fire service fitted various alarms in my house recently. The crew leader (a young woman. Grabby take note. You’re useless) spent ages talking to me about safety. She told me what to do if there was ever a fire - apparently jumping out of a window wasn’t the right answer 😂 jokes aside raffy wouldn’t stand a chance like you say

Reactions: 8
Is there actually a toilet in there? Dug out the reno blog post for the attic bathroom:

Towards the end she says they'll fit a toilet eventually but I wonder if they ever did? I have a feeling they didn't because they're too tight to get a plumber in.
So it's a bathroom as in a room that only contains a bath? Bonkers. Although the ceiling looks so low that if they installed a toilet it would be for sit down wees only.

There is no ick greater than a man doing a sit down wee.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That bathroom is so utterly pointless, I am pretty sure Ben thought that it would lead to the council finally approving their upstairs extension. She even admits in the article that it is useless:

there's already a toilet right opposite our new bedroom and I kind of like the extra space up here without. We're still using our current bathroom for make-up/teeth cleaning etc right now as it has the shower. I don't know when we'll make the move to this loft bathroom but it will be lovely to take baths up here. This bathroom was always about future proofing the house/adding value etc rather than we needing to use it right now but it feels like such a luxury to have it pretty much finished and to use our attic space for it.

Reactions: 4
Writing about her second-hand bath that had dolphins painted on the side of it...

After a hilarious 'save the dolphins' campaign on Instagram, it was unfortunately time for them to get painted and the bath to have a stylish makeover. I think some people actually thought that we'd keep the dolphins?! Imagine!

IMAGINE.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So it's a bathroom as in a room that only contains a bath? Bonkers. Although the ceiling looks so low that if they installed a toilet it would be for sit down wees only.

There is no ick greater than a man doing a sit down wee.
We encourage sitting down pees here. I don't get why men have to stand to pee unless at a urinal.
It creates backsplash and spray that can be avoided by sitting down.

Not that beggy would care, her house is minging anyway and she's not a fan of the cleaning

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Turning the attic into an office would have added value for a lot less spend. But since neither one of them work, I guess they never thought of it. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Turning the attic into an office would have added value for a lot less spend. But since neither one of them work, I guess they never thought of it. 🤷‍♀️
And good luck to any new owner to remove the cast iron bath if they want to re-shuffle the crazy layout...

Reactions: 4
I wonder if her mum is at her house much. I would be itching to get a duster out and give it a good clean

Reactions: 2

The post is pretty enlightening as it seems that control freak Ben HAS to do everything himself even if it's a shoddy job (which it is); the tiling, the installation of underfloor heating, the cladding etc. Also it's so uncomfortable how clear it is in her writing that she absolutely worships him, saying things like 'Ben cleverly realised it was perfect for an ensuite' (I mean who the duck looks at an attic you can't stand up in and thinks yep, this will make a brilliant bathroom?!?) and Ben this, Ben that. I bet most of the stuff in their house doesn't work properly but she will never complain and he will never admit he's done a botch job.
I'm sure she posted a photo with the loo before, I'll see if I can find it..

One thing I always notice about their house is the finish is cheap and DIY. So in their living room they took out the fire place and Ben made the mantle which is actually just basic shaped wood painted and fixed to the wall. Same in the other bathroom with the wall panelling. It’ll have cost him next to nothing vs a fully tiled bathroom.

And in that attic bathroom the finish is old scaffolding boards painted and nailed to the rafters. I could never relax in there, imagine the massive spiders creeping out while you pump your Aldi bath soap out of your 10 year old Aesop bottles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
One thing I always notice about their house is the finish is cheap and DIY. So in their living room they took out the fire place and Ben made the mantle which is actually just basic shaped wood painted and fixed to the wall. Same in the other bathroom with the wall panelling. It’ll have cost him next to nothing vs a fully tiled bathroom.

And in that attic bathroom the finish is old scaffolding boards painted and nailed to the rafters. I could never relax in there, imagine the massive spiders creeping out while you pump your Aldi bath soap out of your 10 year old Aesop bottles.
Agree, I've skimmed a few of her reno blogs and am pretty astounded at the awful work that has been done everywhere in the house, mainly by Ben. It's a lovely house that is basically a junk shop now.

She is, or was, pretty good at picking out certain things to make the house look instagrammable (eg. patterned tiles, trendy gold taps, farrow and ball paint, houseplants, those bleeping Aesop bottles) so if you don't look too closely the interiors posts on the grid do look good, although quite dated now. But when you look closely it's so obvious how awfully it's all been done. I couldn't live like that, everything is so grubby, wonky, poorly looked after.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Agree, I've skimmed a few of her reno blogs and am pretty astounded at the awful work that has been done everywhere in the house, mainly by Ben. It's a lovely house that is basically a junk shop now.

She is, or was, pretty good at picking out certain things to make the house look instagrammable (eg. patterned tiles, trendy gold taps, farrow and ball paint, houseplants, those bleeping Aesop bottles) so if you don't look too closely the interiors posts on the grid do look good, although quite dated now. But when you look closely it's so obvious how awfully it's all been done. I couldn't live like that, everything is so grubby, wonky, poorly looked after.
Good at picking or good at copying ?

• Heart
Reactions: 13