Rebecca Lamb #97 Call the ranger, my brows are running wild

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a mum of one of the girls in my daughters class who is always on social media saying how proud she is of her kind, caring daughter. In reality this ‘kind & caring’ young lady has been mean to my daughter & some of the other girls in their class several times & I’ve even had to speak to the mum on one occasion when it started to become a regular occurrence towards my daughter. Surprise surprise this mum was adamant it wasn’t how it seemed & my daughter must just be too sensitive because apparently it was all just ‘jokes’.

In my experience, if parents have to constantly bang on about how kind & caring their kids are, they’re usually far from it!
100%! I’ve had a similar experience with my own daughter a few years back with regards to one of her friends. With some parents it’s like banging your head against a brick wall. They just refuse to see what’s right in front of them. Beggy is one of those parents. The only person that will suffer in the long run is Alfie when he grows up and still behaves like that, nobody will want to go near him.

Reactions: 20
100%! I’ve had a similar experience with my own daughter a few years back with regards to one of her friends. With some parents it’s like banging your head against a brick wall. They just refuse to see what’s right in front of them. Beggy is one of those parents. The only person that will suffer in the long run is Alfie when he grows up and still behaves like that, nobody will want to go near him.
Exactly. Sadly that’s what is starting to happen now with the girl I mentioned. They’re all in high school now & all her friends have drifted away from her now, including my daughter because they are all getting fed up of her spoilt & childish behaviour 😒 I do feel sad for any kid who has no friends, but if the parents aren’t giving them the proper guidance & just acting like they can do no wrong, then that’s what happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think cos she knows deep down he's not typical for a child of his age she tries to amplify everything about him to deflect his clear difficulties, therefore according to Beggy he's "so kind", " so clever" "so active" "so wild" when in reality he's none of those things.

she thinks if she says something enough - like she's a size 10 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ - it will become true.

Reactions: 25
I can guarantee in the next few days we’ll hear something about Alfie’s little friends.

(Deleted what I had originally as the Covid has got my brain)

Reactions: 13
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a different, geeky, quirky child at all. You don't have to be popular or have loads of mates. My son was friends with all walks of life, had long black and red hair at the age of 11 and listened to Slipknott, Nirvana, Black Veil Brides 😄 while his mates liked pop music, nike tracksuits and played football. He wasn't a sheep and still isn't. Zero fucks about fitting in. BUT with Alfeh it's very clear to see the effort they make is the bare minimum (woodeh is even more lacking) and I'd put money on him having additional needs. The pair of them need a slap because they are failing their kids whether they like it or not!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Exactly. Sadly that’s what is starting to happen now with the girl I mentioned. They’re all in high school now & all her friends have drifted away from her now, including my daughter because they are all getting fed up of her spoilt & childish behaviour 😒 I do feel sad for any kid who has no friends, but if the parents aren’t giving them the proper guidance & just acting like they can do no wrong, then that’s what happens.
I totally agree. When alfie goes up to high school he’s literally going to be on his own. He only knows how to communicate with woody and that’s by bossing him around & being horrible to him. I think he’ll be realise once he gets to high school that other children his age aren’t willing to be treated that way. I don’t necessarily think it’s his fault that he’s the way he is because he’s a product of his environment and both Rebecca and Steve are responsible for raising their children appropriately & to not enable bratty, entitled behaviour but they just overlook it. Alfies difficulties have never been addressed by his parents and when teachers brought up his speech difficulty, it was brushed aside by Rebecca. She said she went to one drop in with him which clearly isn’t enough & isn’t going to get him any support where he needs it. I think both of them have failed him hugely and while the boys are fed, clothed & have their basic needs taken care of - that’s as far as it goes. Alfie is 8 & shouldn’t be put in a stroller on holiday with his toddler brother, the boys shouldn’t be left in their bedroom while their mum holds their door shut so they can’t get out, they shouldn’t have slept on the floor for so long, alfie shouldn’t have been left to have his teeth rotting out of his mouth. I really hate to say it but I think the boys get treated a whole lot differently than she shows in her vlogs and on Instagram.

Reactions: 18
Why would you let your dog's dirty paws up begging and lunging at the table when you're eating 🤢
She's an idiot, this is the woman who allowed Woody to stand on the table and on the chair at meal times, not only at home but also when they were out. She has no common sense, rather than correcting the behaviour she sits and laughs. She's incompetent with not only her kids but also her animals

Reactions: 12
Imagine being as dull as Elleh yet still genuinely believing you'll make a living off people wanting to see your boring life.

She's such a yawn fest, and predictable. Wonder if we will get the delight of a vlog from alfehs birthday 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My son is 7 and massively into space, the solar system etc. We’ve been to the national space centre and have an annual pass, he asked for a telescope for Christmas which he got. Similar to above his room is very space themed, but equally quite grown up, lava lamp, plasma ball, globe etc. It’s SO easy to do. But no, Alfeh shares with his brother, a bedroom with zero character, and gets moams wrapped up as a gift.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.