Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bellfield is a disgusting piece of tit. All his crimes involve young women and girls, not one involves a man or boy. He’s the definition of a coward- if Lin Russell had been walking with her husband Bellfield would have been too scared of another man to have even gone near them. But as they were on their own and defenceless he tried to bludgeon them all to death for no reason other than his sick ways. Jesus bleeping Christ, it’s awful and he deserves to suffer. Poor Megan was a six year old little girl, killed at the hands of this bleeping twisted scum. Of course he tries to excuse himself in his confession, if Josie and Megan hadn’t of screamed he would have only attacked Lin or if Lin hadn’t complied so much he wouldn’t have been as vicious of if Lin hadn’t told him to not harm her children he wouldn’t of. bleeping bullshit. He was going to brutally attack them regardless as all of his victims are either lone women or schoolgirls. He’s beyond a pussy, his face makes me sick

He would stalk buses and wait for young women who were alone to get off so he could attack them. Scum is too nice of a compliment for this worthless piece of tit. I wish he would suffer the most in
humane death possible

• Sad
Reactions: 38

I'm completely speculating here but given the 3 very different ages of the men who have been arrested - I'm wondering if they are from the same family and it is a revenge killing. She has just been released for killing a man by pushing him under a tram. I'm wondering if the accused are his relatives.
If you look on Facebook you’ll see Bobby Hardman was arrested, he’s one of 3 and I saw this too on her profile

If you look on Facebook you’ll see Bobby Hardman was arrested, he’s one of 3 and I saw this too on her profile
The next image is her mum

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Bellfield is a disgusting piece of tit. All his crimes involve young women and girls, not one involves a man or boy. He’s the definition of a coward- if Lin Russell had been walking with her husband Bellfield would have been too scared of another man to have even gone near them. But as they were on their own and defenceless he tried to bludgeon them all to death for no reason other than his sick ways. Jesus bleeping Christ, it’s awful and he deserves to suffer. Poor Megan was a six year old little girl, killed at the hands of this bleeping twisted scum. Of course he tries to excuse himself in his confession, if Josie and Megan hadn’t of screamed he would have only attacked Lin or if Lin hadn’t complied so much he wouldn’t have been as vicious of if Lin hadn’t told him to not harm her children he wouldn’t of. bleeping bullshit. He was going to brutally attack them regardless as all of his victims are either lone women or schoolgirls. He’s beyond a pussy, his face makes me sick

He would stalk buses and wait for young women who were alone to get off so he could attack them. Scum is too nice of a compliment for this worthless piece of tit. I wish he would suffer the most in
humane death possible
His victim blaming was the first thing I noticed too.

I've always felt he was guilty of this crime but there's something weird about his confession. It doesn't seem to have made headlines in the way I'd expect either although that could be to do with the Queen's Platnium Jubilee. Alternatively it could be the media simply not giving him the attention he's after. I feel for Josie and her father, it must be really distressing for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I watched a documentary The Chillenden Murders several years ago and after watching it I thought Michael Stone was innocent.
I hope he gets major compensation and finally his freedom.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm reading the confession by Bellfield is very detailed. If he shows knowledge of information right that's never been released, that could sway things.

Reactions: 14
So, if true, the girlfriend at the time Jo Collings, who gave him a “cast iron” alibi by saying he was at her own birthday party got her timings wrong. Yet, she did say he did not leave her side all day and night 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 10
His victim blaming was the first thing I noticed too.

I've always felt he was guilty of this crime but there's something weird about his confession. It doesn't seem to have made headlines in the way I'd expect either although that could be to do with the Queen's Platnium Jubilee. Alternatively it could be the media simply not giving him the attention he's after. I feel for Josie and her father, it must be really distressing for them.
As a guess, he has a tendency to confess to crimes and then either retract the confession or deny he confessed at all - but it could be that the media aren't giving him the attention he clearly thrives off of. He's a despicable human being.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
So, if true, the girlfriend at the time Jo Collings, who gave him a “cast iron” alibi by saying he was at her own birthday party got her timings wrong. Yet, she did say he did not leave her side all day and night 😳
Yes she was adamant wasn't she, the murders occurred on her birthday and that he physically wouldn't have had the time to do it.

Reactions: 7
She was under his domination and felt pressurised into backing him up maybe?

Reactions: 5
This is BIG news to wake up. The level of detail included is truly chilling.
How dreadful for the Russell Family.
Huge repercussions for Michael Stone.

Will another trial be needed to validate Bellfield’s confession?
Bellfield is already serving a whole life sentence for murdering various other people, including Milly Dowler. I believe he's the only person to have been sentenced to two separate whole life terms. If this is the case then it might well be three. Although given the killing was in 1996 its not quite as simple as that. Still possible though. And if he's confessed then you'd assume he would plead guilty if they actually charged him, so a trial wouldn't be needed
I know that in the USA, and I'm pretty sure it's the same here, you cannot just take a confession on face value due to the amount of false confessions, confessions given under duress etc - you have to actively work to find evidence that supports the confession.

There would be little point in trying Bellfield again, given that he's already serving a whole life order. But, if it is true, Stone's conviction needs to be quashed and he needs to be compensated. I doubt the Russell family would want the publicity of yet another trial either - they seem to be pretty private. In fact, he was already serving a whole life order when he was tried for Milly Dowler's murder and there's no doubt in my mind that trial was undertaken largely in part for the family. However, it opened a huge can of worms for them and their terrible attitude immediately afterwards certainly didn't make them look good in my opinion. The fact her sister said seeing her parents cross examined in court was worse than finding out her sister had been murdered still blows my mind.

I'm actually quite shocked. I've said before on here that Bellfield is a piece of work but the Russell case just doesn't really fit his known MO at all, apart from the weapon of choice. However, Michael Stone's conviction has never sat right with me, especially after watching The Chillenden Murders. It was seemingly very easy back in the day to pin anything on the local "nutter".

Will be interesting to see what happens next.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I read an article that said she was psychologically abused and beaten and raped regularly by Bellfield throughout their ‘relationship’. Though she did help with Milly Dowler’s case with any information she had so maybe she genuinely made a mistake with the Russell murders?
Has anyone seen this? I know a few people on here thought it might have been him as well. I haven’t read the ‘confession’ as it’s in The Sun so I refuse to, but there is a link on the Daily Mail story if anyone wants to. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...NFESSES-hammer-murders-Lin-Megan-Russell.html

This article contains everything that the sun’s article did from the confession x

Reactions: 6
I know that in the USA, and I'm pretty sure it's the same here, you cannot just take a confession on face value due to the amount of false confessions, confessions given under duress etc - you have to actively work to find evidence that supports the confession.

There would be little point in trying Bellfield again, given that he's already serving a whole life order. But, if it is true, Stone's conviction needs to be quashed and he needs to be compensated. I doubt the Russell family would want the publicity of yet another trial either - they seem to be pretty private. In fact, he was already serving a whole life order when he was tried for Milly Dowler's murder and there's no doubt in my mind that trial was undertaken largely in part for the family. However, it opened a huge can of worms for them and their terrible attitude immediately afterwards certainly didn't make them look good in my opinion. The fact her sister said seeing her parents cross examined in court was worse than finding out her sister had been murdered still blows my mind.

I'm actually quite shocked. I've said before on here that Bellfield is a piece of work but the Russell case just doesn't really fit his known MO at all, apart from the weapon of choice. However, Michael Stone's conviction has never sat right with me, especially after watching The Chillenden Murders. It was seemingly very easy back in the day to pin anything on the local "nutter".

Will be interesting to see what happens next.....
Can you share your thoughts about the Dowler family, I’m curious.
I know they had their intimate lives laid bare which must have been excruciating.

Johanna Collings (his ex) insisted that she was with him on the day of the murders as it was her birthday. In the BBC documentary she said:

My daughter was born in '96 and that was the day of my birthday. He [Bellfield] never left my side, all day and all night, so there's absolutely no way he could have got from Twickenham, where I lived, or Windsor, where I kept my horses, to Kent, done what they say he did, and got back without me not knowing he was there. I can hand on my heart, I hate to say it, but I can say hand on my heart he didn't do it.
She does seem like a very credible alibi as she hates him… so is she mistaken? or is Bellfield playing mind duck games because he wants attention?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I know they had their intimate lives laid bare which must have been excruciating.

Johanna Collings (his ex) insisted that she was with him on the day of the murders as it was her birthday. In the BBC documentary she said:

She does seem like a very credible alibi as she hates him… so is she mistaken? or is Bellfield playing mind duck games because he wants attention?
Give it a week or so and he'll recant it like he did when he confessed about killing Milly and how he killed her. He'll make some sorry excuse that he was forced by the police to say he did it.

Reactions: 9
It was seemingly very easy back in the day to pin anything on the local "nutter".
Still happening relatively recently. See that case where everyone, including the newspapers, decided it was the landlord because he was a bit odd, but it turned out it was the woman's partner (IIRC).

Reactions: 5
Still happening relatively recently. See that case where everyone, including the newspapers, decided it was the landlord because he was a bit odd, but it turned out it was the woman's partner (IIRC).
I think you mean the case of Christopher Jefferies and the murder of Joanna Yeates. I don’t know if he was the landlord but he lived in the same apartment building. It wasn’t her partner who killed her, it was another neighbour, a French guy I think.

Reactions: 10
This piece explains a lot.

And here's what I wrote on another forum on the day of his conviction:

"Levi Bellfield was already serving a whole life tariff in respect of his previous convictions so this trial was, in part I assume, in order to bring some kind of closure for the family. I therefore feel that Bob Dowler's statement that the trial has been 'too high a price to pay' quite extraordinary in the circumstances and feel certain he wouldn't be saying that if all his dirty little secrets were not now in the public demain. As for her sister saying that the day her parents were questioned in court was worse than finding out her sister had been murdered.....well, words fail me.

Milly had been unhappy at home, partly because of the things she found out about her father, as is apparent in some of the things she wrote. He was treated by the police as a suspect.

The case against Levi Bellfield was totally circumstantial.I feel it is ridiculous not to expect the defence to bring this into evidence. They are paid to put other people in the frame, muddy the waters, create doubt. They did their job.

And, having followed the trial, I don't feel that Milly's name was sullied in any way.

Unfortunately, each family statement today seemed to focus on their own suffering caused by the trial.....rather than as a result of the loss of Milly.

I've always thought they have been very dignified throughout the past nine years but I thought they came across badly today."

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I think you mean the case of Christopher Jefferies and the murder of Joanna Yeates. I don’t know if he was the landlord but he lived in the same apartment building. It wasn’t her partner who killed her, it was another neighbour, a French guy I think.
I think he was Dutch. The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries is a really good dramatisation of the case.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.