Real Life Crime and Murder #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i’ve been following this one since it happened - close to me and in an area that i know well :( seemed a lovely man who just happened to be walking in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Same :( I work for the same health board and never knew him but we had emails warning us that there was going to be a lot of horrible details emerging from the trial

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
i’ve been following this one since it happened - close to me and in an area that i know well :( seemed a lovely man who just happened to be walking in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This is a horrendous crime. I’m absolutely appalled at the QC’s comments too!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Same :( I work for the same health board and never knew him but we had emails warning us that there was going to be a lot of horrible details emerging from the trial
oh i hope you and your colleagues are okay pixi 💙 the write-up of what they heard on the cctv were incredibly upsetting.

i read a beautiful article with a write-up from a patient of his this morning too. he really seemed a wonderful man. it’s so cruel that these people are taken from us in such awful ways :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

It’s terribly sad. All the reports I’ve read have said he was in the park for casual sex though - cruising - although certainly was unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Reactions: 1
Re Ashley Wadsworth - looking on Facebook some people are saying Jack Sepple had a history of unpleasant behaviour and possible mental health problems. Someone posted this on Jack’s step father’s account which is open (his bio father died awhile ago and his mum and his own profile have been deleted)
B7C3229F-78D0-4235-8A8E-B75B193CA373.jpeg

The stepfather also posted this on his page but not sure if it was the day before the stabbing but Ashley’s aunt replied underneath. Poor family, my heart breaks for them. Heard that she was on the phone to her family back home when she was attacked and tried to book flights back on the day she was killed but had to wait for a Covid test result.
920FD405-FD57-47E3-94AE-66925EF20AA8.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Re Ashley Wadsworth - looking on Facebook some people are saying Jack Sepple had a history of unpleasant behaviour and possible mental health problems. Someone posted this on Jack’s step father’s account which is open (his bio father died awhile ago and his mum and his own profile have been deleted)
View attachment 1037993
The stepfather also posted this on his page but not sure if it was the day before the stabbing but Ashley’s aunt replied underneath. Poor family, my heart breaks for them. Heard that she was on the phone to her family back home when she was attacked and tried to book flights back on the day she was killed but had to wait for a Covid test result.
View attachment 1038001
i was just reading that she was mormon too - i can only assume from there that she’d had quite a sheltered life, especially if she was raised mormon :( it sounds like something had happened if she was trying so hard to get back home. i wonder how they actually met online, given the distance. poor girl.

Reactions: 9
i was just reading that she was mormon too - i can only assume from there that she’d had quite a sheltered life, especially if she was raised mormon :( it sounds like something had happened if she was trying so hard to get back home. i wonder how they actually met online, given the distance. poor girl.
I’ve read that she only joined the Mormon church recently, I believe at the age of 18. I don’t think she was bought up one.
Her aunt said she spoke 3 languages and from what her family said she sounded very intelligent and loving and caring. I think they met on a dating app.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
this was discussed i think, and the below covers it:

Thank you, I agree language is important. I think it’s tricky ground though - I’d say that anybody, male or female, gay, straight or bisexual, is indulging in quite risky behaviour when they loiter in dark areas in parks at night for casual sex with strangers.

I don’t mean that he was to blame for his death at all - he should have been able to live the way he wants without fear of violence. I’d just class it as relatively high risk behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
this was discussed i think, and the below covers it:

I came here to post about this case:

Utterly horrific. He sounds like he was a lovely guy who encountered some horrid homophobic scumbags. Quite rightly the CPS issued an apology for the comments made by the Barrister in the opening statement. Clarifying that the only people responsible for his death were the perpetrators. He begged for his life the poor guy. Liverpool echo summed it up well for a case I hadn’t heard or read about until today.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t get how they would’ve known he was gay?
Presumably it was because of where he was . Looks like it was a known place to pick men up according to one report I read but not knowing the area I'm not sure if that is true

Reactions: 7
I don’t get how they would’ve known he was gay?
I read he was bisexual. He had two children. I don’t know if it’s speculation that he was cruising or if there was some kind of evidence. He had been out for a meal and visited a few pubs beforehand so maybe it was just something he did every so often when he’d had a few (that’s me purely speculating now!).

He looked like such a kind and gentle man.

Reactions: 4
I think it was undisputed in the case that he was there that night for a casual sex encounter. He had talked of doing it regularly to colleagues & a witness on the night talked of sexual experiences he’d had there that same night.

Reactions: 5

I'm completely speculating here but given the 3 very different ages of the men who have been arrested - I'm wondering if they are from the same family and it is a revenge killing. She has just been released for killing a man by pushing him under a tram. I'm wondering if the accused are his relatives.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

I'm completely speculating here but given the 3 very different ages of the men who have been arrested - I'm wondering if they are from the same family and it is a revenge killing. She has just been released for killing a man by pushing him under a tram. I'm wondering if the accused are his relatives.
Rape and murder as revenge, if that’s what this is of course, disgusts me. She was a scumbag but didn’t deserve that.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Rape and murder as revenge, if that’s what this is of course, disgusts me. She was a scumbag but didn’t deserve that.
Its all disgusting isn't it ... the lives people lead never fail to shock me.
We definitely have a criminal underclass in this country leading lives that are hard for me even to imagine. I have had a look on Facebook subsequently and she has a brother in prison too.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.