Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I think the bank staff are as much to blame. They should have done something to diffuse the situation given they were familiar with the elderly lady and likely knew it was going to take a considerable amount of time to deal with her.
agreed - i noticed that the judge commented that the bank manager was literally right there watching the whole thing; they could and should have done something to calm the situation down.

while i get that the girl was hit first and wasn’t to know that a push would have killed her, i think at 26 you know that shoving an elderly person hard to enough to make them fall is going to cause some damage. in addition to her standing there with her hands on her hips and then just wandering off while the poor woman was in the ground. if i was the victim’s family i would want that sentence appealed too tbh.

Reactions: 23

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Sounds like a perfectly normal baby.

Seen as difficult in that woman’s opinion maybe.
Well, quite! Not to mention that babies away from their parents and home, in a busy and loud nursery environment, at a prime age for separation anxiety, are obviously going to cry and be unsettled.

But you just know that a baby who takes up a lot of keyworker's time and grizzles all day isn't going to be popular with staff, because s/he makes their job harder.

• Sad
  • Heart

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
Well, quite! Not to mention that babies away from their parents and home, in a busy and loud nursery environment, at a prime age for separation anxiety, are obviously going to cry and be unsettled.

But you just know that a baby who takes up a lot of keyworker's time and grizzles all day isn't going to be popular with staff, because s/he makes their job harder.
Could well have been teething, too and feeling very poorly and upset even without being wrapped up, overheated, likely vomiting with distress.

It breaks my heart. All she wanted was a cuddle and a soothing voice and a bit of reassurance.

• Sad

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
The children look unkempt and uncared for
The teeth. They are awful.

I really think Bronson’s dad was trying to care for him, to do it right and engage with and lean on the support offered.

The way they died, and the fact Bronson would have been so, so afraid and felt so poorly as it progressed, is heartbreaking.

• Sad

Dobbythehouseelf

I got sucked into a depressing social media deep dive on Bronson's "mother". Ten children, and I don't think any of them are in her care.

And here I was feeling guilty for being a bit grumpy with my kids this morning.

• Sad
  • Heart

Lalla

VIP Member
I agree - if someone my age hit me, I would probably hit them back, or shove them or whatever. But if it was an obviously frail elderly lady, I really don't think I would. I'd move away so she couldn't hit me again but pushing her, that would just feel wrong. I don't think the Defendant comes out of this at all well, and she really should have been given a custodial sentence.
I think the staff should also be ashamed of their part in it all, had they dealt with it differently the whole incident could potentially have been avoided.

The Bournemouth stabbing victim was a mother. I wonder why this info is only just being released now? Why do the authorities drip feed like this when it would be so much more conductive to share what they know as soon as they can so witnesses are more inspired to come forward?
Probably because it’s irrelevant? It wouldn’t be less tragic if she wasn’t a mother and in this case the wife and daughter brought themselves forward. After all the Nicola Bulley stuff I wouldn’t blame families for wanting to kept entirely out of appeals/the media given how the public react to things.

Last edited:
  • Heart
My Mum lives in a semi rural location. Her partner works away. She has an array of anti burglar tactics including locks on her bedroom door (her thought is most burglars are just after things of monetary value and would leave her alone.

the issue she has had recently is entitlement. Illegal hunters on her land at night that terrify her, people using her fields (not her fields but the farm she lives on's property) to cross, she cant challenge them as they are often male, and in groups. Its terrifying and the police cant really help. There is also quelle surprise a travellers site about 1k away, so shes forever getting rocks pelted at her car when she pulls out of the farm road. Tiny kids, huge rocks, going to kill someone one day.

• Angry
  • Sad

SunshineRae

VIP Member
More on the Belgium case...

" Prosecutors have arrested ten suspects aged between 11 and 16 - all reported by local outlets to be boys of North African or Somali descent. "

There is also this...

" The boyfriend has been described as a "loverboy boy" type... "

Hmmm???
My heart absolutely breaks for this young girl. The lasting psychological impact this is going to have on her is going to be terrible. i hope she has all the love and support possible around her.

• Sad

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
This is absolutely appalling comments from the judge. And it reminds me of the C4 ‘experiment’ of The Trial. Man cleared of murdering his wife. Guilty of manslaughter. Sentenced to 6 years. Only has to serve 2/3rds.
“There were dozens of call outs to the police, but most of these I am sure involved exaggerated or false claims by Dawn against you.”

Can’t have been that exaggerated or false given the poor woman is now dead. Killed by her husband. Nobody gets to hear her side. And it’s all her fault. This judge is an absolute disgrace.

And I’m tired of seeing comments such as ‘if it was man he would get a harsher sentence’ when women appear to get lighter sentences. No they don’t. Men get away with this shit all the bloody time. As this case shows.

This is effectively saying ‘go ahead and kill someone if (you say that) you’re pushed far enough, it’s not your fault they’re dead’

IMG_6942.jpeg
IMG_6943.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
agreed - i noticed that the judge commented that the bank manager was literally right there watching the whole thing; they could and should have done something to calm the situation down.

while i get that the girl was hit first and wasn’t to know that a push would have killed her, i think at 26 you know that shoving an elderly person hard to enough to make them fall is going to cause some damage. in addition to her standing there with her hands on her hips and then just wandering off while the poor woman was in the ground. if i was the victim’s family i would want that sentence appealed too tbh.
Agree with all of this.

Bank manager could have asked the victim (who was obviously known to the branch) into his/her office, got her a cup of tea, explained in a calm situation - even if it just got her out of the queue for a while to allow other customers to be attended to it would have helped (or opened another window to reduce the wait).

But at the same time, if someone - anyone - hit me* I wouldn't be likely to hit back unless I really felt under threat of being seriously hurt. Hitting back just escalates everything. And in no circumstances would I have struck someone obviously vulnerable and unaware, though I may have tried to restrain them depending upon circumstances, any more than I would hit a toddler who came up and slammed me with (say) a doll or a fishing net.

*If any non-vulnerable adult hit my child or dog, however, I would rip their arms off.

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
I don’t understand how none of the other staff present that day aren’t facing criminal charges too? It happens when one parent harms a child the other is charged with allowing it so what’s different here
I agree.

Even if she was in a managerial position, common humanity tells you that a baby isn't left to struggle in distress the way this poor little love was.

• Sad

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
A schoolboy who lost his virginity to a ‘pretty’ teacher later told her ‘You need help – you’re a nonce’ when the relationship soured, a court has heard.

For anyone who is following, he says he wants the best for the child.
She is disgusting, and poses a real danger to children. I hope none of her friends/relatives ever let her anywhere near their kids.

Reactions: 22

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
This popped up in my newsfeed today and while not a crime, we did talk about it when it happened. That poor little boy.

Something that stood out to me was that his body was formally identified by a detective rather than his mum or other family member. Is there a reason they couldn’t do it or would be a be a choice they made?

I did look his mum up on Facebook again today, kind of wish I hadn’t.

• Sad

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
I honestly can’t begin to imagine what went on behind closed doors at that nursery, if a baby could be treated like that under the noses of all the staff and not ONE of them intervened in that 90 minute period. It’s absolutely chilling.
That's the bit I can't get my head around - Roughley did something awful to the poor baby, but no-one else stepped in and did something, released the baby or called the police or something. The baby was there for an hour and a half 😔
I wonder if Roughley was such a bully to other staff that no-one dared to speak out or do something. It's just awful.

• Sad
  • Angry

lilyannrose

VIP Member
I'm surprised she got 14 years as I was expecting less but she definitely deserved more time. How the parents have remained so composed and be able to turn up to the trial everyday just speak volumes. Their statements were hard to read, them both mentioning guilt over leaving her there and having to find out that Gigi suffered. Some people are just so cruel and it's unimaginable.
The verbal abuse Roughley dished out to Gigi as well, what an absolute, irredeemable piece of shit. I hope some awful things happen to her in prison and that is not my usual style.