Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tofino

VIP Member
It says a lot about our perception of domestic violence that when the perpetrator is a woman that we assume she must be biologically male.
Most female perpetrators are not assumed to be male, usually because it’s clear in their photographs they are female.

The reason people now start to question some individuals (usually when photos are unclear) is because police/courts/press cannot be relied on to report factually about the biological sex of the perpetrator. Crimes are now recorded based on an ideological belief system of what a man says he is and not biological fact. Nothing to do with the perception of domestic violence at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

iieee

VIP Member
Does the teacher trial need its own thread?

I find it so gross that part of her defense for boy B is that she wasn't a teacher at that point. When the reason she wasn't a teacher was because she had been struck off for Boy A. 🥴

The baby bonnet thing is pure narcissism 'I should be allowed off because I have a BAYBEE'. I can't believe no one has told her how bad this looks. Also boy B describing her turning controlling just reminds you exactly what sort of person she is and why she targets children. I am 100% sure the pregnancy was intentional. Either because of her court case or to stop him ending things. That poor boy's childhood has ended abruptly because of her. I watched a documentary recently about Mary Kay Latoutneau and she is just like her.

(Sorry for the long rant)

• Heart

SaLou

VIP Member
Agreed - initially I thought trafficking or similar but the fact the children all have the same father makes me think either an abusive relationship where her partner is making her abandon these babies, or worse still abuse by a family member which is why she can't keep the children.
Either way it is awful and I hope she finds some way to escape, especially as this has been going on now for over 7 years (first baby found in 2017).
Yeah I agree. It seems more likely to be an abusive romantic relationship but I wouldn't be too surprised if this is a father abusing his daughter, as grim as that is. I would guess she must be pretty isolated for people to not be aware of her pregnancies.

• Sad
  • Heart

Lalla

VIP Member
Those watch shops are often not legit (even if they are ltd companies) and the people running them are dodgy as anything, the companies are used as a front for other types of crime. I don't think the poor guy who took his life was any part of that, but I do think he was terrified of ending up the fall guy one way or another. Very sad for him and his family.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Has anyone listened to the new Claudia Lawrence murder podcast? Its called Answers for Claudia. Its really good quality I found. Unfortunately its not on any of the free streaming platforms but I signed up for a free trial and finished it in a day.

He spends time with her mother, who is as determined and forward looking as she can be, but she seems incredibly vulnerable. People coming up to her on the street saying they've tracked Claudia to Spain. The journalist treats her very sensitively and is as outraged at the people stepping over the line as I was. I do think her Mum has a very sheltered image of what her daughter was like, said she wouldnt have engaged in relationships\affairs because she had a Christian upbringing.

Its not particularly flattering to her father, the friends from the pub or her families 'self appointed spokesman' (who has no experience in the role). One of the friends from the pub says 'statistically it should have been one of us, statistically it probably was one of us' which is bizarre. People seem to hint at a strange relationship with him but no one will say anything on record.

There is a suggestion at the end that she was murdered for financial reasons and that her body has been destroyed. They have a credible witness who had a confession relayed to them as a threat 'do this or I'll have you done in like they did Claudia Lawrence' They do mention the fathers financial problems a lot in the podcast and there is a section about the Claudia Lawrence fund, which took money which is now unaccounted for.

• Wow

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member

1 hour 37 minutes....
That CCTV must be absolutely harrowing to watch. The jury should be exhausted from future service.
Her poor parents having to watch it, probably repeatedly. It makes me feel sick.

The owners / managers should be charged with negligence in some form as they were clearly not paying attention to the baby room.

• Sad

LouBug19

VIP Member
The websleuths thread also has quite alot of info from the first trial where people were following along

It's a tough one for me because I understand that if someone was constantly making you feel like shit you would eventually snap. However, to bury his body in her garden and have a drink with his Mum two feet away seems so cold. Killing someone in the heat of the moment can happen but it's how she dealt with it afterwards.

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
It looks like Nick Billingham fathered a child with a woman who worked at the same school as Fiona. The woman is in the press today saying that she can’t understand what drove Fiona to kill…I don’t condone the murder by any stretch but surely this woman can see how she contributed to this situation?

• Sad

Lalla

VIP Member
I don't think she should have been given a custodial sentence. IMO she shouldn't have been convicted in the first place.

It's important to remember when this happened, it was back in 2020 at a time when everyone was hyper aware of COVID and the 2 metre rule etc. It wasn't uncommon for people to tell others to keep back around those times, or when you were out on your daily walk to cross the pavement to avoid passing too closely to others.

Auriol Grey is also partially blind so that probably heightened her fear, something coming towards her at faster than walking pace but not being able to properly see what it was.

It's very sad that someone died but I don't think it's her fault. To be brutally honest, the cyclist should not have been on the footpath in the first place (the fact that no one seemed to know if it was a shared cycleway is ridiculous - there's no signage to say it was, which suggests it wasn't, however the judge in his summing up said it was, and given there was nothing conclusive either way he shouldn't have done so). However even if it was a shared pathway, on seeing a pedestrian ahead should have either moved into the road or crossed to the opposite pavement to maintain an appropriate distance. In terms of the hierarchy of road users, pedestrians are the most vulnerable, so a cyclist should give way to them.

• Heart

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
Didn’t Damien also use a claw hammer to kill his victims? His weapon of choice, yet he was allowed to use one in prison in a workshop and went on to hit a fellow inmate three times in the head with it.

• Wow
Yes, you're right, i thought it was one of the other water rides they have there. It's a very sedate ride the Coastguard one.

Mirror report is saying he was in a pram, not a carrier. Hard to know what to believe at the moment, lots of conflicting info. Neglect is the word the police seem to be using. That could cover a lot of things; dehydration, parent under the influence of something, etc.
It’s probably going to sound bad but I really hope the police are sure about the neglect and it doesn’t end with the (possible) mother or whoever the woman is being found totally innocent. Purely because imagine how horrific it would be if you took a wee baby to Legoland and not only did they suddenly die, you also were arrested and had that all over the media.

Obviously I would most wish it hadn’t happened at all, but with the situation we have now I mean.

Last edited:
  • Sad

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Imagine calling a baby “vile” and “a diva” just because she cried a lot. Considering the character of the woman looking after her, is it any wonder she was unsettled and upset?

Glad she was found guilty. Couldn’t imagine any other outcome.

• Angry
Reactions: 24
Just read this and I want to be sick. Absolutely disgusting, so very telling that psychiatrists found nothing wrong with him

A man non-consensually engaging everyone around him in his sexual fetish. Thats all this is. If I was the judge I would try to make him turn up in the prison spesh - gray trackies and sweatshirt.

• Sick

MedeaWho

Chatty Member
It was a ridiculous conviction IMO. Should she have shouted? No. Could anyone at all have reasonably foreseen it would have led to the cyclist dying? Of course not. What’s next, a driver honking causing someone to stumble in surprise being charged with manslaughter?
She wasn’t just shouting, she came into physical contact with the cyclist. She didn’t mean to kill them but her actions led to them dying. I think she’s totally guilty of manslaughter. You can’t deny that pushing somebody into the road could very realistically cause them to die that’s why you don’t do this.

• Heart

Davena94

VIP Member
Maybe but if she's able to go out dumping babies across East London I'd have thought she could find her way to a police station at the same time?
There’s so many reasons she might not feel able to do this. She may have even tried the police before but they’re not exactly known to be the best help in domestic abuse situations. Such a sad story whatever the background

• Heart

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
She was definitely having an episode of something as it went on for over an hour but I was only really getting her husbands side of the story and it could be a load of old rubbish but I saw myself how deeply distressed she was. It was her husband who told me she suffered from BP.
Just a little update if anyone is remotely interested - I have spoken on the phone a few times with her husband and her since. I spoke with the local MH team who are now aware and her doctors surgery with their permission just to log it. They obviously couldn’t even confirm she was a patient but I explained what had happened and confirmed their phone numbers and asked if she could speak with a doctor at the practice and get in touch with them going forward. There is also a club each week that supports families and caregivers and I have given the couple all the details ( it’s very local to them ) so I hope they may go for some support and a cup of tea if nothing else. They don’t have access to the internet so they can’t find these things out themselves and they have very few friends from what they said.
It’s something hopefully. My mum has dementia and she has loads of support from professionals and family, they seemed to have nobody poor souls.
Edited to add - she was trying to get out of a moving car, she could of killed herself and others

• Heart

Asterix

Not a parent, not good with kids but even I know that leaving a child who can't sit or stand up on a beanbag is reckless. One good wriggle and the beans move and suddenly the beanbag is right in your face. Never mind a child with a cough. That's before we get to the swaddling and Genevieve being face down.

100% guilty all the way.

• Sad
Reactions: 23