Real Life Crime and Murder #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
23 years is absolutely pathetic as a minimum term given the nature of the killing, his previous convictions and the ridiculous not guilty plea (took two hours to convict him) that meant everyone was put through a trial. I don’t like our minimum terms in England either but Scotland in particular needs to sort out its minimum terms urgently, there have been too many lenient sentences lately.
I'm so glad you've said this. I follow lots of trials and sentencing and I can never understand why Scottish sentences are so lenient even for the most heinous crimes.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I'm so glad you've said this. I follow lots of trials and sentencing and I can never understand why Scottish sentences are so lenient even for the most heinous crimes.
I think there was a rapist whose conviction was quashed due to a technicality recently. He left court with a smile on his face

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I have long since given up hope of understanding this. Did the judge think there was some hope of rehabilitation for this killer? The 41st time is the charm I suppose. I get second chances, I get that some people get into bad situations and do something out of desperation. But an unrepentant torture murderer with 40 previous convictions will not change if he lives to be 100.

Hell under the current SNP regime I bet Peter Tobin would have got away with a community sentence and the disapproval of his peers. Hell I bet he would probably have been sent to a womens prison if he suddenly decided his name was actually Petra.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Im sick of the SNP now, I love Scotland but if someone under the age of 25 rapes me, assaults me, mug me or murder me they get less time and that makes me scared for myself and other people. That smirking prick who was let off for rape I could've punched him. A girl was raped in edinburgh by a 16 year Old not long ago bet he will get naff all. Under 16 I can understand but 25, no way. That poor girl, he clearly was violent. Glad the taxi driver spoke out too.

Watching the met police documentary now, the girl is pissing me right off.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Another mass shooting in America

Wow, a man who has recently been sectioned for hearing voices and threatening to shoot people still has full access to guns. Reading the bit about gun laws in Maine is just terrifying. Why is the freedom for people to carry guns more important than the freedom to go about your day without being shot still the case in America?!

• Angry
Reactions: 26
Just read the updates on the Maya Chappel case and it’s bizarre to read because I know of the family through mutual friends. I follow cases like this quite often but when you actually know the people involved it hits so much harder. That poor little girl must’ve been terrified, it breaks me to imagine what she went through. Her mother has never cared about her even before meeting Daymond. She used to let anyone and everyone take care of Maya so she could go out. I hope they give her the punishment she deserves as well as her evil boyfriend.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
With regard to Steven Clark the documentary was utterly bizarre.
His parents and especially his father are beyond odd.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Reactions: 5
Not everything posted is murder but is anyone on X / Twitter following Morbid Knowledge? It's strangely fascinating.

Reactions: 2
Not everything posted is murder but is anyone on X / Twitter following Morbid Knowledge? It's strangely fascinating.
Yes! Some I’ve heard of and some I haven’t. And some down right odd ones.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.