Real Life Crime and Murder #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the court application was to move the boy to the States, not for a 7 day holiday. As the resident parent, she wouldn't have needed permission for a holiday abroad from the father.
Yes, she wanted to emigrate to the US with their son.
It wasn’t even the final decision, it was an interim one. And yet he still shot the poor men dead.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I thought the court application was to move the boy to the States, not for a 7 day holiday. As the resident parent, she wouldn't have needed permission for a holiday abroad from the father.
Yeah I've read it wrong. The boy was in the father's care right? Even if she did move abroad with the child the grandfather would still have limited contact. Doesn't make sense why he would kill those men.

The poor child at the centre of it is still in care.
When it says the child is in care can that mean they could be under the care of another relative or would it always be in care of the state?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
When it says the child is in care can that mean they could be under the care of another relative or would it always be in care of the state?
Hopefully with a family member...there'd still be local authority involvement in those circumstances, so this might just be clumsy reporting? Haven't seen an actual quote anywhere other than the mention in the DM

There's obviously a lot of family members, I'd be surprised if not a single one of them was a suitable guardian

Screenshot_20231024_172939_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 1
I don’t know how to phrase this in a way that doesn’t sound awful, but presumably he can’t go back to his mother because there’d be nothing stopping her taking him to America, ie what she wanted in the first place? Which is basically suggesting the murders were justified by way of a means to an end.

if the poor boy was with his mothers family, her dad has already proven he’ll stop at nothing, what’s to stop another family member just handing him over?

Yeah I've read it wrong. The boy was in the father's care right? Even if she did move abroad with the child the grandfather would still have limited contact. Doesn't make sense why he would kill those men.
I am wondering if he thought he was making a sacrifice for his daughter. Maybe knew he would spend his life in prison and not see his grandson and family but his daughter would be able to move to the US as she wanted if the ex was dead.

Not condoning at all just trying to think what possessed him to do this. Because from what i understand of their circumstances it would not have benefited him to have his daughter and grandson emigrate to the US. He surely would have seen them both far less.
---
I don’t know how to phrase this in a way that doesn’t sound awful, but presumably he can’t go back to his mother because there’d be nothing stopping her taking him to America, ie what she wanted in the first place? Which is basically suggesting the murders were justified by way of a means to an end.

if the poor boy was with his mothers family, her dad has already proven he’ll stop at nothing, what’s to stop another family member just handing him over?
I’m quite interested in the legalities of this. It sounds like she is bailed under investigation for conspiracy to murder so presumably that gives grounds for the boy to be removed from her care until anything changes. But if there is no evidence / or she is actually innocent then do they have any other grounds to keep him removed from her? I’ve no idea. It would be interesting to know if she supports her dad because if I was in her position, completely innocent and my dad did this to me and my son i’d be furious and never forgive him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Is says at bottom of the article a woman n man are still on bail for conspiracy to commit murder. Is tht maybe the boys mother and thts why he is in care?

Reactions: 3
@greycloud yes, it seems as though that is the case. But like @Tofino has said, if she is released and not charged, can the boy go back to her? Because if he can….. the plan ( whether it be hers or her dad) has worked. Presumably if she thought she could plead ignorance to what her dad was planning to get her son back, that’s what she’d do - but the article mentioned her dad not denying it and making it obvious he would do whatever it took, so you’d think there’d be some evidence she knew of it if that was the case.

While I’m thinking of it, did anything ever come out about the couple found murdered at home, they had a farmhouse or something and four children? I’m sure her stepdad was arrested, but I’ve not heard anything about it for ages.

@greycloud yes, it seems as though that is the case. But like @Tofino has said, if she is released and not charged, can the boy go back to her? Because if he can….. the plan ( whether it be hers or her dad) has worked. Presumably if she thought she could plead ignorance to what her dad was planning to get her son back, that’s what she’d do - but the article mentioned her dad not denying it and making it obvious he would do whatever it took, so you’d think there’d be some evidence she knew of it if that was the case.

While I’m thinking of it, did anything ever come out about the couple found murdered at home, they had a farmhouse or something and four children? I’m sure her stepdad was arrested, but I’ve not heard anything about it for ages.
I presume if she’s not guilty the child would be returned to her if social services agreed as ultimately she would be innocent, I wonder if she gets visiting rights in the interim. It sounds like the boy is in care and not with the fathers family, poor child his life will be completely turned up side down, lost both Grandparents and At the moment both parents too.

• Sad
I presume if she’s not guilty the child would be returned to her if social services agreed as ultimately she would be innocent, I wonder if she gets visiting rights in the interim. It sounds like the boy is in care and not with the fathers family, poor child his life will be completely turned up side down, lost both Grandparents and At the moment both parents too.
I wonder if the son is with his father's mother or if he had siblings one of them. The grandmother on the mums side is deceased.

I would imagine if he is not staying with his mother because she is being prosecuted but there is probably visitation through a contact centre I would guess.

I remember this being reported on in my local paper at the time. It’s come to trial now. That poor little girl and all the family who loved and worried about her.
I read all the updates, that poor girl. Her mother absolutely knew and covered for her bloke. I was initially impressed with Maya’s dad for challenging the mum on the bruises and doing a police request under Sarah’s Law, but then weeks later everyone is still passing photos around of what sounds like horrific bruises, questioning what’s happened, but seemingly not doing anything else about it? Maybe more will come out in evidence though.

I’ve just seen this one too, an 11 week old!! Both Maya and this baby died in September 2022 so can’t even blame lockdown for them slipping through the net.

Jurors heard Hazel suffered a catalogue of injuries including 'intercranial hemorrhage, a skull fracture, a hypoxic brain injury, rib fractures, pulmonary contusion (bruises on the lungs) and multiple bruises on skin and possible bite marks'.

I can’t comprehend how anyone can do all of that to a tiny baby?

• Sad
Reactions: 10
If I recall ‘the missing’ podcast covered this case pretty well a while back. I can think of no situation where my loved one would go into a toilet and not come back out and I would simply ✨ leave ✨
Here is the episode. It is very odd. Steven_Clark — The Missing Podcast As you say - why would you just leave? I don't understand why his parents would murder him though nor be able to do so.

Reactions: 5
I’m quite interested in the legalities of this. It sounds like she is bailed under investigation for conspiracy to murder so presumably that gives grounds for the boy to be removed from her care until anything changes. But if there is no evidence / or she is actually innocent then do they have any other grounds to keep him removed from her? I’ve no idea. It would be interesting to know if she supports her dad because if I was in her position, completely innocent and my dad did this to me and my son i’d be furious and never forgive him.
If she's cleared of conspiracy to murder, then her son will definitely be returned to her.

Even if she's completely innocent, she may well support her Dad. He obviously did what he thought was best for his daughter and grandson. Regardless of how misguided his actions seem to us, we don't know the full story and we never will because he has gone guilty so doesn't need to explain to anyone.

Maybe the boy's dad was abusive, maybe he was controlling the life of his ex, maybe the murderer couldn't see how his daughter could ever live happily with that man in her life.
Even though I would be devastated to see my Dad go to jail, I would always forgive him for trying his best to save me and my daughters from harm/misery.

I don't know, the whole thing is a tragic mess.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
For those interested in the disappearance of Steven Clark, there was a documentary on the ITV hub featuring his parents. I think it's called Accused of Murdering Our Son, or something along those lines.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
For those interested in the disappearance of Steven Clark, there was a documentary on the ITV hub featuring his parents. I think it's called Accused of Murdering Our Son, or something along those lines.
There’s also a thread on here in the tv & film section , i linked a podcast his sister did on there, the documentary is worth a watch

They really didn't come across very well in that. It was quite creepy.

Yet another “boyfriend” murders his partner.

40 previous convictions. I guess rehabilitation wasn’t successful in this case.
23 years is absolutely pathetic as a minimum term given the nature of the killing, his previous convictions and the ridiculous not guilty plea (took two hours to convict him) that meant everyone was put through a trial. I don’t like our minimum terms in England either but Scotland in particular needs to sort out its minimum terms urgently, there have been too many lenient sentences lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.