Real Life Crime and Murder #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooo is this a new series, I'll have a look for that later. My iPlayer has a mind of its own for showing/not showing saved series

Reactions: 1
Joran van der Sloot has admitted to killing Natalee Holloway

Not sure if this is available to UK residents but Court TV has something coming up on YouTube in a couple minutes - not sure if it's just them going over the details of his confession or a live feed of something...

oh wow! This was in the news when we were in Vegas on holiday in 2005 and I was obsessed with the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Joran van der Sloot has admitted to killing Natalee Holloway

Not sure if this is available to UK residents but Court TV is showing the press conference...

i didn’t think he would ever truly admit it. gosh, i can’t imagine how natalee’s mother is feeling: she’s fought for her for so long.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Pleased for Natalee’s family although it’s so sad they had to wait eighteen years and can’t give her a burial

I find it outrageous that aside from his utterly heinous actions and extorting money from Natalee’s mom, Van der Sloot has been able to marry, father a child, and commit infidelity in prison because Peru allowed him conjugal visits.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I question if this is the honest truth. From what I’ve read the waves where he said he dumped her body are quite gentle and he would have to walk quite a distance, with a dead weight (excuse the terminology) for the water to be at waist height. Plus the body would have likely washed up somewhere along the line? I’m thinking he had help in removing her, I read ages ago his father had a boat and is pretty high up. I also sadly don’t believe when he knocked her unconscious he stopped what he was doing. I can see someone as violent as him raping her and then hitting her head with the cinder block (just to check is a cinder block a brick?).
What I’m confused about is that Natalee died in 2005 and the extortion which he was arrested, charged and found guilty for happened in 2010 - why did it take 13 years to get this far? Plus he was sentenced to 20 years for the fraud but it’s serving concurrently with the 28 year sentence he’s serving for the murder of Stephany as well as having an additional 18 years for trafficking cocaine. Total he’s got 46 years but none of that will really be served in relation to Natalee’s death and I don’t think it will go on his record? I’m glad Natalee’s mum and her family has some answers and I think that’s the most important part - they obviously wouldn’t have consented to this plea deal if there was another way. But I guess if it was me there would always be something in the back of my mind questioning if his answer of what happened was true.

Reactions: 4
The Delphi suspect's attorney's have sacked him off.
I haven't been following that case but aren't they the ones who were trying to claim their client was innocent because the girls were sacrificed by a cult? If so, I hope they ruined their careers cause... wow.

Reactions: 4
My family is from Aruba so I know that stretch of beach where he claims he killed Natalee very well. Joran is a psychopath and liar. He’s told so many versions of the night she ‘disappeared’ that I don’t see why this new version would be believed.

There is no way that he smashed her head with a cinder block on that beach and than carried her out to sea. Firstly, that beach is for tourists. There are no random cinder clocks laying about. Every morning at dawn the beach/sand is cleaned by a digger type machine. Everything, from cigarette butts, to bottle caps are cleared away. This a a very busy beach - security guards patrol and tourists take moonlit walks on the beach as well. Secondly - no blood? On sand? This wasn’t a flat surface he could clean up. Thirdly, he walked into the water, thigh deep and let the ocean swallow her up? Nah, not buying it. On this side of the island, the water is calmer than the other side, and although, she could have been swept away, blood would have alerted marine life and I think her body or remnants would have been found.

Obviously, I’m not stating he didn’t kill her, but he didn’t do it the way he claims he did. He probably strangled her, like Stefany, called his father and they dropped her on the other side of the island, in the deep sea.

My apologies for being graphic. But my blood boils that this dude is still lying after nearly twenty years.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
This is a sad story that I'd not heard of.
This is horrendous. That poor little boy. He would have been so wanted and loved by someone else. Instead he was brutally murdered within hours of being born. Disgusting pair. I'm very impressed and pleased that they've been caught so many years afterwards though... I wonder how.

The people of Warrington did a wonderful job of loving him though. Bless them all.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This is horrendous. That poor little boy. He would have been so wanted and loved by someone else. Instead he was brutally murdered within hours of being born. Disgusting pair. I'm very impressed and pleased that they've been caught so many years afterwards though... I wonder how.
Yes I was wondering this too, maybe a DNA match for something unrelated?

Reactions: 6
My family is from Aruba so I know that stretch of beach where he claims he killed Natalee very well. Joran is a psychopath and liar. He’s told so many versions of the night she ‘disappeared’ that I don’t see why this new version would be believed.

There is no way that he smashed her head with a cinder block on that beach and than carried her out to sea. Firstly, that beach is for tourists. There are no random cinder clocks laying about. Every morning at dawn the beach/sand is cleaned by a digger type machine. Everything, from cigarette butts, to bottle caps are cleared away. This a a very busy beach - security guards patrol and tourists take moonlit walks on the beach as well. Secondly - no blood? On sand? This wasn’t a flat surface he could clean up. Thirdly, he walked into the water, thigh deep and let the ocean swallow her up? Nah, not buying it. On this side of the island, the water is calmer than the other side, and although, she could have been swept away, blood would have alerted marine life and I think her body or remnants would have been found.

Obviously, I’m not stating he didn’t kill her, but he didn’t do it the way he claims he did. He probably strangled her, like Stefany, called his father and they dropped her on the other side of the island, in the deep sea.

My apologies for being graphic. But my blood boils that this dude is still lying after nearly twenty years.
I totally agree. Is this the first time he has officially confessed to the crime?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.