Real Life Crime and Murder #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree. Is this the first time he has officially confessed to the crime?
When he returned to the Netherlands, he wrote a book doing the OJ Simpson ‘If I did it.‘ He also appeared on some Dutch investigative show where they had secretly taped him and he alleges she got ill during sex and he got rid of her body. He’s said so many different things over the years, it was the brothers, it was his dad etc.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
When he returned to the Netherlands, he wrote a book doing the OJ Simpson ‘If I did it.‘ He also appeared on some Dutch investigative show where they had secretly taped him and he alleges she got ill during sex and he got rid of her body. He’s said so many different things over the years, it was the brothers, it was his dad etc.
Gosh, what a horrible man.

Shame, maybe? They are too ashamed of the suicide to acknowledge him as a relative.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
How strange.
The family in Hong Kong must know who he is because why would he leave their details to be informed of his death?
I wonder if maybe he's part of the family but not that exact person. Used a family members identity to get a visa for whatever reason (crimes?) so the fam will know who is being referred to and know it's not who they think it is, but confirmed identity rather than fess up?

Reactions: 5
Programmes on this week that may be of interest.
Tuesday:
The Met, 9pm, BBC1
This documentary series follows officers from Britain's biggest and busiest police force as they deal with life, death, and crime and its victims across London. The series captures what life is like for officers on the streets of London as they investigate several sensitive and complex cases.

The Murder of Grace Millane, 9pm, Sky Showcase
This true-crime documentary tells the tragic story of 22-year-old Grace Millane, a British backpacker who went missing while on a Tinder date in New Zealand in 2018 – a case that held a mirror up to a society with a problem of violence towards women.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Programmes on this week that may be of interest.
Tuesday:
The Met, 9pm, BBC1
This documentary series follows officers from Britain's biggest and busiest police force as they deal with life, death, and crime and its victims across London. The series captures what life is like for officers on the streets of London as they investigate several sensitive and complex cases.

The Murder of Grace Millane, 9pm, Sky Showcase
This true-crime documentary tells the tragic story of 22-year-old Grace Millane, a British backpacker who went missing while on a Tinder date in New Zealand in 2018 – a case that held a mirror up to a society with a problem of violence towards women.
Definitely will watch the met documentary but feel so uneasy about the Grace Millane, I will cry at it for sure. What she went through was awful, especially so far away from home.

• Sad
just randomly came across this case, it's so sad, a disabled man went missing in 1992 after walking into a public toilet and he hasn't been seen since. Elderly parents arrested in lockdown for murder but later released. The parents are ex-coppers so it doesn't bode well :cry:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
just randomly came across this case, it's so sad, a disabled man went missing in 1992 after walking into a public toilet and he hasn't been seen since. Elderly parents arrested in lockdown for murder but later released. The parents are ex-coppers so it doesn't bode well :cry:
Never heard of this. Very odd - how sad that there are no active leads, especially considering the strange circumstances of his disappearance.

If I recall ‘the missing’ podcast covered this case pretty well a while back. I can think of no situation where my loved one would go into a toilet and not come back out and I would simply ✨ leave ✨

Reactions: 16
I wonder if maybe he's part of the family but not that exact person. Used a family members identity to get a visa for whatever reason (crimes?) so the fam will know who is being referred to and know it's not who they think it is, but confirmed identity rather than fess up?
It’s all rather odd.
The man went to Australia and I think it stated on his visa that his work related to opals.
”Martin” worked with opals.
The man the family say is the “real” Martin said he went to Australia as a cook and left in 1995. Records show a person did leave in 1995 but was never a cook.
I wonder if the man still alive is actually the imposter and using Martin’s identity rather than the other way round? I agree that both are probably family members.
They also say that when Martin renewed his driving license there was no discrepancy with his photo.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
It’s all rather odd.
The man went to Australia and I think it stated on his visa that his work related to opals.
”Martin” worked with opals.
The man the family say is the “real” Martin said he went to Australia as a cook and left in 1995. Records show a person did leave in 1995 but was never a cook.
I wonder if the man still alive is actually the imposter and using Martin’s identity rather than the other way round? I agree that both are probably family members.
They also say that when Martin renewed his driving license there was no discrepancy with his photo.
It’s such a strange and unusual case isn’t it? I’ve been thinking about it for a few days because it doesn’t make sense. The Martin in Australia knew the people in HK or he wouldn’t have written a note referring to them, with their number attached. And the HK people acknowledged his death to start with then changed their story. I hate to sound tinfoil hat here but could there potentially have been pressure from the Chinese government to make the family deny Martin? But then the records of him entering and leaving Australia don’t match up 100%. And as no one has claimed the body, poor Martin is still stuck in a freezer.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Just awful, he’s ruined that child’s life.
Absolutely, I cannot fathom how anyone could want to destroy their grandson's life like that. That poor, poor child.

I'm assuming this is the mother and her new husband? Mildenhall is a US air base, so would make sense that it's them.
Screenshot_20231024_142556_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 9

The poor child at the centre of it is still in care.
I remember this happening at the time so thanks for the update. Poor child, he's now in the care system for nothing. He wont see his grandson again but he would've if he didn't shoot them. Hopefully one of the victims family members will help. If the mum can't even take the kid abroad for 7 days screams something wrong.

I remember this happening at the time so thanks for the update. Poor child, he's now in the care system for nothing. He wont see his grandson again but he would've if he didn't shoot them. Hopefully one of the victims family members will help. If the mum can't even take the kid abroad for 7 days screams something wrong.
I thought the court application was to move the boy to the States, not for a 7 day holiday. As the resident parent, she wouldn't have needed permission for a holiday abroad from the father.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.