Real Life Crime and Murder #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of curiosity why does that particular photo hint at that? I know I shouldn't even be entertaining these people with tin foil hats, I was just curious.
Wondering the same 🤔

There was quite a lengthy documentary on last night about the Lyn & Megan Russell murders. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Levi Bellfield's ex has given him an alibi for the day it happened.
I watched a very thorough BBC programme about the case several years ago. I don't think Michael Stone did it and I can't believe he was convicted on basically no evidence. I don't think Bellfield did either though - yes, he's a piece of work and it involved a hammer but his known MO was young, pretty, lone women at night (not including Millie Dowler obviously) not a middle aged mum with two kids in the middle of the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Poor Nicola. Why can’t people accept that it may just have been an accident?
Something needs to be done about all these sleuths. There’s having a debate and sharing theories and then there’s the entering the crime scene and going after her partner.

Reactions: 35
Poor Nicola. Why can’t people accept that it may just have been an accident?
Something needs to be done about all these sleuths. There’s having a debate and sharing theories and then there’s the entering the crime scene and going after her partner.
Couldn't agree more. I know we discuss/speculate on here, share our theories and some of us do our own "research" - it's definitely an outlet for me as my OH's eyes tend to glaze over when I say "I want to discuss a trial with you..." 😂 (although he has been pretty engaged about NB) - but I'm fairly certain none of us would be rushing out to a potential crime scene and filming ourselves for bleeping TikTok.

I said this on one of the Nicola Bulley threads - it's worth repeating.

You know, when I was seven, I used to go and stay with my cousins, who lived in the countryside, for a couple of weeks in the summer and we would go out into the wild every day, looking for adventures, because I wanted to be like my idols, the Five Find Outers & Dog. We would go poking around disused buildings and I would genuinely hope that some mystery was going to present itself for us to solve

That's what it seems to me these social media idiots are doing - difference is I was a kid who read too much Enid Blyton and they are grown adults, desperate to interject themselves into a police investigation.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Out of curiosity why does that particular photo hint at that? I know I shouldn't even be entertaining these people with tin foil hats, I was just curious.

Thank you to the poster who recommended the programme tonight about Parole. I think I will be watching that.

There was quite a lengthy documentary on last night about the Lyn & Megan Russell murders. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Levi Bellfield's ex has given him an alibi for the day it happened.
I would assume their logic is that it looks like she has bruising under her eye if you zoom in? To anyone else it’s just shadows. Wish people would leave it alone now, I know the body hasn’t been confirmed but surely it’s her.

Reactions: 6
Couldn't agree more. I know we discuss/speculate on here, share our theories and some of us do our own "research" - it's definitely an outlet for me as my OH's eyes tend to glaze over when I say "I want to discuss a trial with you..." 😂 (although he has been pretty engaged about NB) - but I'm fairly certain none of us would be rushing out to a potential crime scene and filming ourselves for bleeping TikTok.

I said this on one of the Nicola Bulley threads - it's worth repeating.

You know, when I was seven, I used to go and stay with my cousins, who lived in the countryside, for a couple of weeks in the summer and we would go out into the wild every day, looking for adventures, because I wanted to be like my idols, the Five Find Outers & Dog. We would go poking around disused buildings and I would genuinely hope that some mystery was going to present itself for us to solve

That's what it seems to me these social media idiots are doing - difference is I was a kid who read too much Enid Blyton and they are grown adults, desperate to interject themselves into a police investigation.
The Liverpool Echo has reported that members of the public climbed over fences to take photos of the body found in the river 🤯🤯🤯

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
The Liverpool Echo has reported that members of the public climbed over fences to take photos of the body found in the river 🤯🤯🤯
It's just been ridiculous. Last Nov/Dec my work got very stressful, I became anxious and I had a bout of mild depression (I now realise, looking back, it'ssomething I've been prone to from time to time)
There was a while where I was lying in bed some nights wishing I could just 'disappear' and thinking of ways I could do this. Head off to work but just keep driving and never come back. Stupid stuff like "I'd need to take money out the bank, how can I do this without leaving a trace" etc. Also thoughts of just heading into the woods/mountains and just going to sleep in the snow somewhere (Sadly, this is quite common here)

At the time the main thing that set me straight was the thought if how distressed my husband and family would be not knowing where I was or what had happened to me. Thankfully I didn't get beyond the passive stage and could still think like this.

Now I'm better but with all this stuff with NB I'm now realising it would be horrific not only for them to suffer that distress but on top of it, the possibility of some kind of media tit show with my husband being accused of all sorts, family under scrutiny, pics and videos all over social media.

It's like the abuse that families of terror attacks and school shootings get afterwards by conspiracy nuts.

Wtf is wrong with us?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Sky are no better though. The helicopter with TV in its reg that is apparently working for them was hovering over St Michaels shortly after the police helicopter departed while the recovery was by all accounts still ongoing. The media will report on the members of the public doing stuff like this but I bet every outlet has used pictures from that helicopter.

Reactions: 11
Karen Dempsey murder trial has opened today. It was accidental.

I know we have discussed this previously but I just can't see them getting a murder conviction on this - I guess it depends on how the judge directs the jury. I think they call it "route to murder" and there's steps they have to follow to get to their verdict. He obviously meant someone really serious harm that night but not his mother.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Reactions: 25
The armchair detectives & conspiracists need to have a word with themselves !! I’ve never known anything like it & it’s not been helpful. This can’t be allowed to happen again - some of these people should be ashamed for the things they have put out on social media with absolutely no substance.

Reactions: 29
The armchair detectives & conspiracists need to have a word with themselves !! I’ve never known anything like it & it’s not been helpful. This can’t be allowed to happen again - some of these people should be ashamed for the things they have put out on social media with absolutely no substance.
the reaction to her case on social media has been like nothing else i’ve seen recently (uk wise anyway) - something has to be done about these armchair sleuths and the pain they’ve put this poor woman’s family, especially her husband, through at a time of great emotional stress.

Reactions: 28
the reaction to her case on social media has been like nothing else i’ve seen recently (uk wise anyway) - something has to be done about these armchair sleuths and the pain they’ve put this poor woman’s family, especially her husband, through at a time of great emotional stress.
Completely agree, that idiot on tik tok even had to be arrested for trespassing cos he couldn't keep his nose out. Not everything is a Netflix documentary, most things are actually straight forward cases. Anyone with a brain and who follows true crime regularly knows this. I think a law will come in eventually regarding discussing crimes online. Compared to when I was a teenager the internet is much more lock and chain now in regards to people's names and details of crime. The police are much more clued into the internet's affect on true crime

Reactions: 22
Social media is the worst and seems this case has bought out the weirdos. This poster didn’t even cover the daughters faces (I drew the red circles over them) after he accused Paul of beating Nicola and the police of deleting incriminating evidence.
View attachment 1974236
People absolutely lost their minds over this case. I don’t get it. When did arm chair detectives become so toxic.
I saw it with the Moscow, Idaho murders too

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.