Real Life Crime and Murder #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People absolutely lost their minds over this case. I don’t get it. When did arm chair detectives become so toxic.
I saw it with the Moscow, Idaho murders too
the idaho murders definitely opened my eyes to it more than ever. it’s almost like people are discussing fictional characters in a mystery story and all wanting for there to be the next “twist”. not to mention the online stalking of their siblings and parents.

something honestly has to be done, it’s only a matter of time before something really awful happens with these “detectives” goading grieving families and trying to visit crime scenes.

Reactions: 22
The armchair detectives & conspiracists need to have a word with themselves !! I’ve never known anything like it & it’s not been helpful. This can’t be allowed to happen again - some of these people should be ashamed for the things they have put out on social media with absolutely no substance.
The Tiktok sleuths were first casting doubt on her being in the water, but now she’s been found in the eager, they’re casting doubt on the river being able to carry a body around bends 🙄

Apparently the water is “shallow”. Yes, in Google Maps aerial shots taken during the summer months!

Reactions: 10
The Tiktok sleuths were first casting doubt on her being in the water, but now she’s been found in the eager, they’re casting doubt on the river being able to carry a body around bends 🙄

Apparently the water is “shallow”. Yes, in Google Maps aerial shots taken during the summer months!
people just always want a plot twist. there’s almost an element of disappointment that the event is “solved” (again, saw this with the idaho murders and people desperately looking for an accomplice). it’s real life. she’s a real woman with a real family.

i dread to think what would happen if a friend went missing and i had to be interviewed. certain aspects with tattle would absolutely tear me apart. the stuff said about her husband for not having perfect words and phrases ready was ridiculous (and if he HAD had the perfect words he surely would have been called too rehearsed).

the almost personal level of anger about him saying she wasn’t in the river (someone on the other thread literally wrote “he misled us”), comments about him obviously remarrying within the year. the horrible stuff said about the type of man he is because he follows models on instagram (why were people even stalking his insta?!) everyone wants to be the one to go “it was me! i solved it!” go and play inspector latham mysteries instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You also can see this dangerous lust for ‘drama’ in things like the J Depp vs Amber Heard case - some people were using makeup to create their own bruises and using this as a ‘fact’ that she made things up or they were lamenting at the end of the trial because they really enjoyed it and would miss it. Regardless of how you feel about either Johnny or Amber it was a very difficult, very public trial which talked about lots of horrendous personal things that most definitely shouldn’t have been used as a form of entertainment. On a Facebook group I’m part of some people were having ‘watching parties’ for God’s sake.

When the next person goes missing or is murdered, or the next awful trial is streamed live you can guarantee that people will be there with their popcorn and enjoying the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Trial of the rape and murder of Elizabeth 'Lizzy' McCann has also opened today.

I can't link the report, as it's in the MEN, but it is bleeping GRIM 😞

Also, something else for us all to record and not watch 🙈 there's a new CBS Reality original programme on tonight at 10pm about the murder of Banaz Mahmood - it's called Banaz: An Honour Killing. Sky channel 146.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Couldn't agree more. I know we discuss/speculate on here, share our theories and some of us do our own "research" - it's definitely an outlet for me as my OH's eyes tend to glaze over when I say "I want to discuss a trial with you..." 😂 (although he has been pretty engaged about NB) - but I'm fairly certain none of us would be rushing out to a potential crime scene and filming ourselves for bleeping TikTok.

I said this on one of the Nicola Bulley threads - it's worth repeating.

You know, when I was seven, I used to go and stay with my cousins, who lived in the countryside, for a couple of weeks in the summer and we would go out into the wild every day, looking for adventures, because I wanted to be like my idols, the Five Find Outers & Dog. We would go poking around disused buildings and I would genuinely hope that some mystery was going to present itself for us to solve

That's what it seems to me these social media idiots are doing - difference is I was a kid who read too much Enid Blyton and they are grown adults, desperate to interject themselves into a police investigation.
Yes, Queen! ❤

I am with you on the disused buildings and exploring. We grew up, though.

It seems like the lines between reality and fantasy have become blurred.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I know some people are interested in the parole process so this show starting tonight on bbc 2 might be of interest to some:

Parole, 9pm, BBC2
This new series offers an inside look at the high-stakes world of parole hearings, where the futures of prisoners hang in the balance, as well of those of victims and their families. The first episode follows 54-year-old Colin, who committed murder following a pub fight 25 years ago, as he hopes for a chance to be released from prison. Later, serial fraudster David, who spent four decades swindling thousands of pounds out of the women he dated, tries to convince the parole board he is a changed man.
---
Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal, Netflix
The Murdaughs were one of South Carolina’s most prominent families, but the death of teenager Mallory Beach in a drunken boating accident sparked the unravelling of their legacy. When Paul Murdaugh – the alleged driver of the boat – and his mother Maggie are found brutally murdered, a century of corruption, power and cover-ups in the Low Country is brought to light. The three-part series will feature first-hand accounts from those on the boat on that fateful night, many of whom have not spoken about the crash or double murder of Maggie and Paul until now

this also arrives on Netflix on Wednesday
I can’t wait for this programme. Did anyone watch the Reeva Steenkamp documentary on C4? It followed the family through restorative justice & bit of parole process. Seems similar to Eng & Wales parole & RJ system.
FWIW I have always believed Pistorius deliberately killed Reeva. I think the features of coercive control were there.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks for the heads upon parole. Have series linked it incase I fall asleep.

such sad news about Nicola but I’m glad the family now know.

Reactions: 7

Also, something else for us all to record and not watch 🙈 there's a new CBS Reality original programme on tonight at 10pm about the murder of Banaz Mahmood - it's called Banaz: An Honour Killing. Sky channel 146.
So many opportunities when someone else could have intervened to help her too 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 6
something honestly has to be done, it’s only a matter of time before something really awful happens with these “detectives” goading grieving families and trying to visit crime scenes.
like Reddit and the Boston Bombings

Reactions: 4
The families statement was heartbreaking and should be enough to shame the media and the sleuths. That poor family have lost their loved one and had people make horrendous allegations about them. People even hacked into his Pinterest account to post sexually explicit photos.

Reactions: 24
I've been saying to my sister since Nicola Bulley went missing she was in the river. There wasn't any other logical explanation.

My theory is she let the dog of the lead/harness and had her teams call. When she got off the call she couldn't see the dog. I think she then either went closer to the water to look for the dog (who was elsewhere) and fell in or walked towards the water calling the dog who accidently knocked her into the water.

It's a very sad case and the TikTok "sleuths" and media haven't exactly helped matters. I think the media pressure led to the police releasing too much information. I just hope her family can now move towards some kind of closure knowing what has happened.

Reactions: 28
I've been saying to my sister since Nicola Bulley went missing she was in the river. There wasn't any other logical explanation.

My theory is she let the dog of the lead/harness and had her teams call. When she got off the call she couldn't see the dog. I think she then either went closer to the water to look for the dog (who was elsewhere) and fell in or walked towards the water calling the dog who accidently knocked her into the water.

It's a very sad case and the TikTok "sleuths" and media haven't exactly helped matters. I think the media pressure led to the police releasing too much information. I just hope her family can now move towards some kind of closure knowing what has happened.
The worst part is there are some people on social media that are just not accepting that it might be a drowning. It's like they are waiting or even willing somebody to be guilty so they can go "I told you so"

Reactions: 23
The worst part is there are some people on social media that are just not accepting that it might be a drowning. It's like they are waiting or even willing somebody to be guilty so they can go "I told you so"
Yes they would prefer that this woman was attacked/held prisoner/murdered by a loved one instead of it being a very unlucky sad accident.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I think we are in a world where we are so busy and stuck in routines doing the same stuff day in day out that when something happens the curiosity is taking hold of us. I grew up where it wasn't uncommon for street fights, neighbours shouting and arguing in the street and police turning up. It was normal and more of an inconvenience getting woken up by blue flashy lights. Nowadays it is rare for that to happen so when something happens I'll admit I'm there looking out the windows or going out in the street, checking local news for updates because the street is cordoned off. I've had other neighbours message asking why there's armed response further down the street. It inadvertently becomes entertainment then when it's over it's back to reality of every day life.
True crime though in different places/countries almost feels fictional and it is hard to comprehend the evil out there exists. I even find myself fascinated by crime scene photos which something I would avoid completely. I am enjoying reading this thread though there's some really good links to cases I wasn't even aware of👍

Reactions: 17

That was so horrific to read. That's one of those cases that makes me wish we had the death penalty here, but that would still seem too nice!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I think we are in a world where we are so busy and stuck in routines doing the same stuff day in day out that when something happens the curiosity is taking hold of us. I grew up where it wasn't uncommon for street fights, neighbours shouting and arguing in the street and police turning up. It was normal and more of an inconvenience getting woken up by blue flashy lights. Nowadays it is rare for that to happen so when something happens I'll admit I'm there looking out the windows or going out in the street, checking local news for updates because the street is cordoned off. I've had other neighbours message asking why there's armed response further down the street. It inadvertently becomes entertainment then when it's over it's back to reality of every day life.
True crime though in different places/countries almost feels fictional and it is hard to comprehend the evil out there exists. I even find myself fascinated by crime scene photos which something I would avoid completely. I am enjoying reading this thread though there's some really good links to cases I wasn't even aware of👍
There’s a level of common decency and respect/empathy that people seem to have lost. Have people lost these after Covid lockdowns? I’ve noticed a lot more people are rude these days, but maybe I’m just less tolerant of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I've always been fascinated by crime and reckon I could get away with murder by now ;) However I think this is on a whole different level and agree with the other poster it has become worse since Covid. Also I wonder if programmes like Don't duck with cats have influenced people to think they can also solve crimes from their laptops. But what they don't realise is those people were particularly smart and dogged. They invested a lot of time and effort into it and didn't just spout outrageous conspiracies, they took it seriously and kept it private

Reactions: 15

The old ‘rough sex gone wrong’ defence from him then?
Here’s an interesting article on that defence that I read a while back, it also lists cases of when this defence has been used and the verdicts that were received:

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.