Real Life Crime and Murder #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe he managed to survive !! What an horrific experience to go through.
What on earth goes through peoples mind to make them commit crimes like this.

Reactions: 14
Thank you, also everyone says how you should respond in something that happens like this or an attack on individual walking alone at night as such but after a few Gins-and lots of crying I’ve realised today In my state of panic and oblivious to my surroundings I could of easily killed somebody through my driving or even myself as I didn’t even wear my seat belt which is a first for me in my 19yrs of driving my motto is clunk and click on every trip 🤦‍♀️ I say out loud even to my older son who’s 22 but today all that didn’t matter I just needed to get to my son who was scared and had a cry when he got home ❤
---
Thank you tattlers and I’m not going to lie I’m not sure I even understand my own previous post due to alcohol or the tears but hopefully it’s not too jibberish to work out 😂 not a laughing matter but think I just need to sleep now x
---

Nope nor have i but it definitely happened not sure if they will be reports tomorrow in local media
Have you found any local reports on this? I’ve seen absolutely nothing online about it

Reactions: 9
My home town, fellow tattlers 😳
Spoiler warning, it’s like something out of a horror movie. I can’t believe it’s not on the national news!
“Couple jailed for a total of 50 years for trying to murder friend”
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/new...shields-couple-jailed-26257526?utm_source=app
hi, neighbour! Have you seen that her father is sticking by her?
---
My home town, fellow tattlers 😳
Spoiler warning, it’s like something out of a horror movie. I can’t believe it’s not on the national news!
“Couple jailed for a total of 50 years for trying to murder friend”
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/new...shields-couple-jailed-26257526?utm_source=app
hi, neighbour! Have you seen that her father is sticking by her?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Started watching a three-part documentary series (Hulu) about the abduction of Morgan Nick in 1995. Hearing her mum talk about that night is heartbreaking. They seem to have made some promising progress with the case so I really hope it goes somewhere -

Reactions: 1
Murder and rape trial regarding the death of Elizabeth 'Lizzy' McCann from Ashton under Lyne starts on Monday.

Not sure how much national coverage it will get but I have a feeling the details are going to be really nasty 😞 Can't find anything for either of them on social media but I think she looks 'vulnerable' in the photographs that have been released - maybe a learning disability?

It's been giving me Jillian Grant vibes from the start.

Sadly, it looks like missing Nathan Cole has been found dead.

Accident or suicide though? We'll probably never know.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I do too. My siblings went to Birchwood high, always had a reputation. That was the reason why I didn't go there and ended up in a school on the other side of town (despite living in Oakwood at the time.) I was still bullied by Birchwood kids and that was in the 90s, I don't think it's ever changed. Its a rough area but people are shocked that this has happened.
I get on the train every day with kids from this school and I said as soon as I heard about this it would be someone from school .

• Sad
Reactions: 2
i get your point that teens these days are more liberal (for want of a better word!) but teenagers can also be very cruel and will single out people for any minor differences. it doesn’t take much for them to turn on someone, so i don’t know if their ages can be used as confirmation that it wasn’t a hate crime.

the information is very muddled though. as said above, the details about her being bullied are getting caught up with someone pushing his own case in replies about her. i know she had a tiktok but no clue if she discussed anything there.

either way, like you said in the first instance, we’re not going to know until more details come out. i do find the way some activists have jumped onto her death, and assigned motives to her obviously loving parents, very distasteful.
from what both my teenagers have told me about school there still seems to be a high number of young people who are incredibly homophobic and racist and very open about it sadly

• Sad
Reactions: 15
from what both my teenagers have told me about school there still seems to be a high number of young people who are incredibly homophobic and racist and very open about it sadly
I had a conversation about this very topic yesterday with one of my teenagers. I was slightly surprised by the extent it still goes on as I thought young people were a lot more tolerant these days. It's so sad. I've got one who's starting secondary later this year and I think they are in for a really hard time unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I had a conversation about this very topic yesterday with one of my teenagers. I was slightly surprised by the extent it still goes on as I thought young people were a lot more tolerant these days. It's so sad. I've got one who's starting secondary later this year and I think they are in for a really hard time unfortunately.
so was i ..i genuinely thought younger generations were more open and tolerant to everyone. i think people in their 20s and 30s are but current teenagers seem to be going the other way.
I hope you child has an ok time at secondary school ..having been through some issues with my eldest (never really fitted in and found it hard to make friend, was picked on about appearance and called wierd) its heartbreaking how unkind kids are to anyone differnet but shes now at university and is loving it ..she finally found her people.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I get on the train every day with kids from this school and I said as soon as I heard about this it would be someone from school .
It boils down to the history of the place and how kids have been brought up. This is not a reflection of the Birchwood community as a whole, alot of residents are caring people.

Birchwood is a very isolating place for most who live there. Its a massive 'new town' estate with a large area of deprived housing, built in the 70s. Its purely surrounded by motorways and woodland. Bus services are shocking and expensive. A walk to the next area is out the question.

When Birchwood was designed to be a 'utopia', no thought was put into employment opportunities, amenities or enjoyment, despite it being isolated from everywhere else. Quite frankly, it's depressing.
There's a shopping centre full of pound shops.

No swimming facilities, no cinemas etc. This was literally built as its own 'small town', yet nobody thought of the social aspect. The houses are all in 'closes' with communal parking. Alot of people in the area still don't drive and there's approx 50% unemployment rate, parents feel the pinch and it has become this vicious circle for many. At a young age, kids start to feel institutionalised. (A chippy finally opened a few years back and even that is a 30 minute walk through the estate from where I lived).

Yours housing even ripped out all the playgrounds from the closes to increase parking.
There is literally nothing from a young age and so kids roam the estate and surrounding woodlands out of boredom. Literal boredom.

Birchwood high has always struggled with discipline. A few years ago, people on the community page was complaining about bullying and then there was general naughtiness that kids were setting off fire alarms 3/4 times a day during GCSE season. Diversity/difference isn't a thing in Birchwood...most kids just want to fit in. I got sent to a different school to avoid the bullying culture, as it goes it was the reason that I was bullied. Kids saw a different uniform as being different.

Although the kids can be little shits, I would never have imagined this. Neither can the rest of the Birchwood community, who have really come together.
I just hope that in light of this crime, the school become more focused on targeting bullies and discipline and for the likes of you and my dear mum, they can get a bus/train without feeling intimidated.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.