Real Life Crime and Murder #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
from what both my teenagers have told me about school there still seems to be a high number of young people who are incredibly homophobic and racist and very open about it sadly
And mine. My son tells me the graffiti in his school toilets is racist, misogynistic and homophobic in nature.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It boils down to the history of the place and how kids have been brought up. This is not a reflection of the Birchwood community as a whole, alot of residents are caring people.

Birchwood is a very isolating place for most who live there. Its a massive 'new town' estate with a large area of deprived housing, built in the 70s. Its purely surrounded by motorways and woodland. Bus services are shocking and expensive. A walk to the next area is out the question.

When Birchwood was designed to be a 'utopia', no thought was put into employment opportunities, amenities or enjoyment, despite it being isolated from everywhere else. Quite frankly, it's depressing.
There's a shopping centre full of pound shops.

No swimming facilities, no cinemas etc. This was literally built as its own 'small town', yet nobody thought of the social aspect. The houses are all in 'closes' with communal parking. Alot of people in the area still don't drive and there's approx 50% unemployment rate, parents feel the pinch and it has become this vicious circle for many. At a young age, kids start to feel institutionalised. (A chippy finally opened a few years back and even that is a 30 minute walk through the estate from where I lived).

Yours housing even ripped out all the playgrounds from the closes to increase parking.
There is literally nothing from a young age and so kids roam the estate and surrounding woodlands out of boredom. Literal boredom.

Birchwood high has always struggled with discipline. A few years ago, people on the community page was complaining about bullying and then there was general naughtiness that kids were setting off fire alarms 3/4 times a day during GCSE season.

Although the kids can be little shits, I would never have imagined this. Neither can the rest of the Birchwood community, who have really come together.
I just hope that in light of this crime, the school become more focused on targeting bullies and discipline and for the likes of you and my dear mum, they can get a bus/train without feeling intimidated.
Thanks for this, it really puts a lot of things in perspective. All of the comments on social media regarding Birchwood school are all saying "I see they haven't changed the bullying policy" and "bullying still obvously a massive issue at Birchwood". I think the school will have a lot to answer for when Brianna's case gets resolved and a lot of faults within the school will become clear.
That seems to be a big thing in the UK though, a lot of deprived areas with little infrastructure and high unemployment rates. It's a known societal issue that this will result in high crime simply because people are 1. bored and 2. poor, so this leads to high levels of theft

Reactions: 9
My cousins little girl is a young teenager who has been dressing quite alternative the last couple of years. Apparently she has been called a lesbian at school. I don't think she is and what does it matter anyway. She is one of the kindest, caring people you would ever meet.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I see there is someone claiming to be Madeleine McCann on tinternet.... seems most unlikely to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hi! Yes I saw that. Also, if the comments are to be believed he’s a bit of a wrong ‘un too. Seems every other crime story in the chron is about someone from our town 🫣

hi, neighbour! Have you seen that her father is sticking by her?

Interesting case, I came across this lady on the government website (warning it contains photos of the deceased) and it’s sad that she (and others) have not been identified. Some have really clear images too.
I think you'd be amazed how many with people with family this happens too. People just don't seem to be concerned with family and/or friends like they used to be

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Interesting case, I came across this lady on the government website (warning it contains photos of the deceased) and it’s sad that she (and others) have not been identified. Some have really clear images too.
I've seen some suggestion she could be Trevaline Evans, not sure what others think of this.

I've seen some suggestion she could be Trevaline Evans, not sure what others think of this.
I looked at the lady’s photo on the government website and I don’t think it looks like her. I would hope the police did DNA samples around the time but who knows.

Reactions: 1
I know some people are interested in the parole process so this show starting tonight on bbc 2 might be of interest to some:

Parole, 9pm, BBC2
This new series offers an inside look at the high-stakes world of parole hearings, where the futures of prisoners hang in the balance, as well of those of victims and their families. The first episode follows 54-year-old Colin, who committed murder following a pub fight 25 years ago, as he hopes for a chance to be released from prison. Later, serial fraudster David, who spent four decades swindling thousands of pounds out of the women he dated, tries to convince the parole board he is a changed man.
---
Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal, Netflix
The Murdaughs were one of South Carolina’s most prominent families, but the death of teenager Mallory Beach in a drunken boating accident sparked the unravelling of their legacy. When Paul Murdaugh – the alleged driver of the boat – and his mother Maggie are found brutally murdered, a century of corruption, power and cover-ups in the Low Country is brought to light. The three-part series will feature first-hand accounts from those on the boat on that fateful night, many of whom have not spoken about the crash or double murder of Maggie and Paul until now

this also arrives on Netflix on Wednesday

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I know some people are interested in the parole process so this show starting tonight on bbc 2 might be of interest to some:

Parole, 9pm, BBC2
This new series offers an inside look at the high-stakes world of parole hearings, where the futures of prisoners hang in the balance, as well of those of victims and their families. The first episode follows 54-year-old Colin, who committed murder following a pub fight 25 years ago, as he hopes for a chance to be released from prison. Later, serial fraudster David, who spent four decades swindling thousands of pounds out of the women he dated, tries to convince the parole board he is a changed man.
Thanks. I've set to record. Think my OH will also be interested in this. Probably come back to you with my verdict in five years 😂 although I am trying hard to get through stuff that's been on my planner for a LONG time 😳

Reactions: 6
I’m exactly the same! Have so much stuff recorded
And have to work my way through that and then also all the stuff on Netflix, Amazon, Apple that I want to watch 😂 it’s a full time job in itself
Thanks. I've set to record. Think my OH will also be interested in this. Probably come back to you with my verdict in five years 😂 although I am trying hard to get through stuff that's been on my planner for a LONG time 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Looks like Karen Matthews is still in Reading. Quick search on Google and it looks like Tesco Extra on Portman Road. I don't get why the press won't say where she's based, usually just down south, but then post photos of her which you can use to find out where she is based. In the past the media posted photos of her outside a job centre which was easy to find out was Reading.

I wonder when Shannon Matthews is allowed to make herself known she will do? She might enjoy people not knowing who she is. If it was me I would see pound signs because if she let's the world see her as an adult she would be a multi millionaire in no time at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Karen Matthews has cigarette 15 years after staging daughter's kidnap

#
---

Looks like Karen Matthews is still in Reading. Quick search on Google and it looks like Tesco Extra on Portman Road. I don't get why the press won't say where she's based, usually just down south, but then post photos of her which you can use to find out where she is based. In the past the media posted photos of her outside a job centre which was easy to find out was Reading.

I wonder when Shannon Matthews is allowed to make herself known she will do? She might enjoy people not knowing who she is. If it was me I would see pound signs because if she let's the world see her as an adult she would be a multi millionaire in no time at all.
I just shared the same ! This woman is disgusting !

Reactions: 1
Why is it a bank holiday in the US and there is no Murdaugh trial streaming when my works servers have had a failure and I've had nothing to do all day 😭

Reactions: 3
Social media is the worst and seems this case has bought out the weirdos. This poster didn’t even cover the daughters faces (I drew the red circles over them) after he accused Paul of beating Nicola and the police of deleting incriminating evidence.
E522F0A9-22EF-48A4-82E6-E5A98CF91A40.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Social media is the worst and seems this case has bought out the weirdos. This poster didn’t even cover the daughters faces (I drew the red circles over them) after he accused Paul of beating Nicola and the police of deleting incriminating evidence.
View attachment 1974236
Out of curiosity why does that particular photo hint at that? I know I shouldn't even be entertaining these people with tin foil hats, I was just curious.

Thank you to the poster who recommended the programme tonight about Parole. I think I will be watching that.

There was quite a lengthy documentary on last night about the Lyn & Megan Russell murders. What's everyone's thoughts on this? Levi Bellfield's ex has given him an alibi for the day it happened.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.