Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
Jesus wept, a lot of misandry on here:LOL:Yes men commit crimes against women but it's a small minority and men are more likely to be actual victims of violent crime. It's just that when a woman is killed, it is far more likely to receive media attention, particularly if the victim is photogenic. Get a sense of perspective, will ya!
92% of women killed in 2020-21 were murdered by a man. There was also a 13% increase in sexual assaults, and those are just the ones that were reported. I know plenty of people who didn’t bother to report their assaults because they didn’t think the police would believe them/take them seriously.
60% of murdered women knew their killer (usually a partner/ex) compared to 44% of murdered men.

There has been a HUGE increase in gang related murders in recent years and they are mostly males.

So yes, men are more likely to be killed. But it’s very rare for a man to be murdered (and potentially raped) by a stranger while just walking home.

It’s very easy to throw out the “not all men” view and say that we’re all being paranoid, but whilst women are being murdered and raped by the police force that is supposed to be protecting society, then I think it’s fair play to be a little bit paranoid.

Maybe you should get a sense of perspective.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
- Michelle Hanson stabbed to death by Alexander Carr
- Maureen Gitau went missing and feared murdered by Mark Moodie
- Cynthia Turner stabbed to death by her husband Legitte Reid
- Anju Ansok and her 2 children murdered by husband and father Saju Chelavalel
- Ailish Walsh stabbed to death by her partner Liam Taylor
- Natalie McNally stabbed to death and a man arrested and bailed
- Sabrina Cooper murdered by Tony King
- Stacey Warnock murdered by John McLaughlan
- Francesca Di Dio and her partner Nino Calabro murdered by Andrea Cardinale
- Courtney Boorne murdered by Liam Cain
- Elle Edwards murdered by Connor Chapman
- Stephanie Hansen murdered by Sheldon Rodrigues
- Gabriella Rudin murdered by her husband Martin Rudin

They were all women killed in December 2022 alone.
At least 108 women were killed in circumstances where a man or men were the principal suspect/charged with the crime in 2022. One woman dead every 3 days at the hands of a man.

And to add, not because they were involved in any drug related/gang related behaviour or feuds. Because they were living their life

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...dge-unmathallegadoo-east-london-b1054466.html

Sana Muhammad killed by her ex husband failed by Met Police

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

lilacwednesday

Jesus wept, a lot of misandry on here:LOL:Yes men commit crimes against women but it's a small minority and men are more likely to be actual victims of violent crime. It's just that when a woman is killed, it is far more likely to receive media attention, particularly if the victim is photogenic. Get a sense of perspective, will ya!
Not a very good point- men are more likely to be victims but what gender is most likely to be the perpetrator of these violent crimes? Men

And when women are killed, they are often killed BECAUSE they are women. A man is far far more unlikely to be killed for simply being a man. Femicide is a very real and scary thing, especially with the rise of incel crime

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Tofino

VIP Member
This post is not surprising given you have been ‘laughing’ at many of the posts on here.

It’s also not just about being killed - rape, domestic violence, sexual assaults, sexual harassment.

1 in 4 women have been raped or sexually abused as an adult - how have a small minority of men managed to get round us all. Or perhaps there are not as many good men as you think.

Just to add that many women who are killed by a man have also had to endure domestic violence and / or rape prior to being killed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Not all men but how are we supposed to know which ones “aren’t”?
exactly this! 👏🏻👏🏻

as someone trying to date at the moment (ick) meeting a man for the first time means meeting in a neutral location, not going to his house or letting him know where i live until a few dates in, making sure a friend knows where i am, sending her photos from his facebook or dating profile like “this is who i’m with” etc.

the last date i went on i casually mentioned this and the guy laughed and said wow i haven’t done any of that and i thought no, you probably haven’t. why would you? and he still tried to convince me to go home with him and jokingly asked me for my address so he could tell the taxi driver on my behalf. joke on mate.

i’m done with the whole not all men argument tbh. i know it’s not all men, it statistically cannot be all men, but it’s a heck of a lot of them. and i’m over people saying oh they’re not all like that! when we read of yet another woman being killed by a man who felt he deserved something from her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

Mascaragirl

VIP Member
Because a lot of it was quite ridculous. "God, I hate men". If it was a male posting "God, I hate women" because a woman commited a heinous crime, they'd be called sexist, incel, misogynist, etc, etc. To me, posters like that and incels are two cheeks of the same arse and don't take them seriously.
When women start killing men every 2 days in the UK we can have that conversation, but they don’t, educate yourself about femicide and stop behaving like an incel trying to appeal to men because to be quite frank it’s concerning and if anyone’s giving incel vibes it’s you ☺ hope you get the attention you’re wanting somewhere!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 53

GeminiMoon

Chatty Member
I thought I’d chime in with my recent experience of men on the internet…and by recent, I mean the past few days.

I left a comment on a post on Instagram that attracted quite a lot of likes and comments. It was on a page related to an interest of mine and I expressed my opinion about a certain post. I almost never comment on posts.

A man agrees with me (eloquently) and gets into a sub-debate with another poster. I leave them to it. The man sends me a follow request, which I accept because it seemed we have common values and opinions and I thought it’s harmless. I followed back. A couple of days later he initiated a conversation. The conversation has gone on all day, every day for three days. I’m very very recently out of a long term relationship so was enjoying the attention/distraction but it’s by no means sexual - he has shown lots of interest in me and my views and my life but there’s been no sharing of photos or sexual talk. I’ve been (too) open with him in sharing stories about my family etc but haven’t revealed my surname, town, address, any potentially identifiable details like childhood school etc. He has a way of making you feel comfortable and like you can talk about anything. I regret being so open and vulnerable with him.

Anyway, I saw his surname on his Instagram and googled him…turns out the guy has several charges against him for sex crimes and financially exploiting vulnerable women. He had some fame due to appearing on a tv show in the US so it made headlines.

Blocked!

Just editing this post to say that weirdly, during our conversations, he warned me off dating apps now I’m single. He said they’re full of crazy people. The articles I’ve read say he met the vulnerable women on dating apps (including a woman with cancer and a disabled son). He also expressed disgust at me saying my partner is trying to get my house off me in our separation…but he literally got women to sign their houses over to him.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
:rolleyes: It absolutely riles me people that say 'the police aren't telling us enough!'. No, that's because it's an active investigation into a missing person, and you are a fucking nobody. We don't have the right to be privy to every bit of information. I swear, the internet has just made people so entitled.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Lalla

VIP Member
Agreed, don't think we need to say it's not all men. We know that. But it's too many men. It's not the weird pervy bloke in a flasher mac lurking in a darkened alleyway, it's serving policemen who should be there to protect us. It's normal looking blokes on dating apps. There are levels of anger and rage in men directed at women now that I can honestly say I never saw as a young woman. I have been through - as I'm sure many of us have - too many minor sexual assaults, been harassed by men more times than I can remember. But only in the last 10-15 years have I experienced men I don't know scream in my face or threaten me with violence (for the most innocuous reasons).

It concerns me why so many men are so angry. And why they direct that anger at others (usually, but not exclusively women). Because they can, I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Mascaragirl

VIP Member
Don't see the point in prosecuting this tbh. Are they going to add a few years to his whole-life sentence?
There’s every point in prosecuting if there are further victims who have been harassed by that monster. Of course it’s not going to add any years theoretically but that’s not the point.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Blondetech

VIP Member
Amen to that sister. They are really fucking annoying as well. Someone in the family has two and one of them barks at anything, to the point they can't watch certain things on TV because it upsets him too much 🙄 and they always want to be on you, always pawing at you for attention. I appreciate that the ridiculous pandering to them doesn't help either - the TV is just one example. The dogs have no idea they are supposed to be right at the bottom of the pack.
I have a pug and he is an absolute dream
My kids are 20 and 24 and I miss them being little so I do chat away to him when I am home alone
He in not annoying. Or yappy. He has perfect recall.
I work as a paramedic and the last few years have been horrific and he has helped with my metal health more then I could ever tell you.
I would be lost without him.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Because a lot of it was quite ridculous. "God, I hate men". If it was a male posting "God, I hate women" because a woman commited a heinous crime, they'd be called sexist, incel, misogynist, etc, etc. To me, posters like that and incels are two cheeks of the same arse and don't take them seriously.
You think women posting in exasperation about male behaviour is the same as Incels? Get out of here with that nonsense 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 47

Tofino

VIP Member
I feel conflicted about this. Of course the 'not all men' argument is trash and totally unhelpful to women who face danger and harassment on a daily basis at the hands of men. But I've also noticed myself becoming so jaded towards men and rejecting the idea of dating through the fear and anger that I feel from being bombarded with these kinds of stories on a daily basis. Maybe that's a good thing- after all these stories are real and the danger that men can pose to women is real. I'm just not sure I want to live with this level of suspicion and fear.
Yeah I do understand. But we know it’s not all men.

I’m speaking generally here and not aiming at OP but it seems it you complain about being sick of men attacking women then there is nearly always someone who pipes up ‘not all men’, like their main concern is the good men who will be hurt or have their good name tarnished unfairly. When actually the concern should be that it’s nearly always men that are violent towards women, why is that and what are we going to do about it.

I think it’s been a particularly bad week with Carrick, the Plymouth inquests and Scotlands gender recognition bill. Even a male MP shouting at a female MP in the Houses of Parliament because she dared raise concerns about safeguarding of women and girls when anyone with an ounce of decency about them will know that male predators will absolutely use this to their advantage, they already are, and women are not being listened to and just meant to accept being collateral damage for a ‘be kind’ motivated policy. I know this is moving into other territory but it’s all a factor of why I’m just sick of ‘men’ (caveat: not all men) at the moment.

So to then read a report of a woman going on a first date and ending up dead at the hands of yet another man has made me really angry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

LaBlonde

VIP Member
What has this got to do with crime and murder?? 😂😂
i mean, @Lalla is responding to the discussion above about the death of a dog walker (details still a bit murky) a few weeks back and to the article linked above about that and the dangers of completely unmonitored dog walking.

i think we have to agree that the “crime” part of this thread title is far reaching and covers a lot of topics. the death of the dog walker was a crime, by its definition, and is being investigated by police so is relevant here 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 46

GingerSnapped

Kind of pales into insignificance compared to his other crimes though. He'll be remembered as a murderer, not as a bloke who whipped his schlong out.
If only blokes whipping their schlongs out in public was taken more seriously, there might be a few less sex offenders on the streets. I kind of view this prosecution as an arse covering exercise by the authorities to be fair. If he hadn’t gone on to murder Sarah I doubt they’d ever have prosecuted him for her indecent exposure

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Burrito88

VIP Member

She can come and arrest me.
Why are the photos of her at the top of the article? Surely he’s more in the wrong as a senior officer.

This comment just sums up society now doesn’t it, where’s that crime and gender thread again 🫠🫠🫠

Reactions: 43

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
exactly this! 👏🏻👏🏻

as someone trying to date at the moment (ick) meeting a man for the first time means meeting in a neutral location, not going to his house or letting him know where i live until a few dates in, making sure a friend knows where i am, sending her photos from his facebook or dating profile like “this is who i’m with” etc.

the last date i went on i casually mentioned this and the guy laughed and said wow i haven’t done any of that and i thought no, you probably haven’t. why would you? and he still tried to convince me to go home with him and jokingly asked me for my address so he could tell the taxi driver on my behalf. joke on mate.

i’m done with the whole not all men argument tbh. i know it’s not all men, it statistically cannot be all men, but it’s a heck of a lot of them. and i’m over people saying oh they’re not all like that! when we read of yet another woman being killed by a man who felt he deserved something from her.
I’m in the same position! I met a guy online last year and ended up chatting to him for about 6 months, and we met in person a handful of times during that period. I knew all the passwords to his Netflix/Amazon etc, his address, his phone number, pretty much everything. He didn’t know ANYTHING about me aside from where I worked (I’m in healthcare so it was obviously the local hospital), and my Instagram handle. I always met him in a public place and the one time I invited him back into my house was when I was housesitting for some friends, so he was never aware of where I actually lived.
I decided that as lovely as he was, I just wasn’t feeling it, so I put an end to it and he threatened to kill himself. Big fucking red flag. Manipulative as hell. I thought I was being stupidly paranoid by depriving him of all that information about me, but afterwards I was so glad because I know there’s no way he can find me unless he turns up at work looking for me (but I work in womens health so he’d struggle to get in).

You just can’t be too careful and it’s absolute shite that we have to be in this mindset as women. I really bloody wish I’d been born gay, i bloody detest (not all) men 🙄

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43