Real Life Crime and Murder #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never heard of her! It's weird how some cases get so much attention and others hardly anything. That's a long time over her minimum term. 12 years minimum was too lenient though.
Yes along time,looks like she is a nasty cow in prison as well.

Reactions: 3

I haven’t read much about this case, but I didn’t think killers could be released if they didn’t say where the body is?he was actually released in 2020 but recalled for breach of license. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

Reactions: 8

I haven’t read much about this case, but I didn’t think killers could be released if they didn’t say where the body is?he was actually released in 2020 but recalled for breach of license. Doesn’t make any sense to me.
Yes,Helen’s law unless it was before the law came in.

Reactions: 1

Helen's Law is NOT "no body, no release" as the press have repeatedly reported. I think that's what her mother wanted but didn't get.

The wording is simply that the parole board must now take it into consideration. That is all.

It came into effect in January 2021.

Reactions: 21
Helen's Law is NOT "no body, no release" as the press have repeatedly reported. I think that's what her mother wanted but didn't get.

The wording is simply that the parole board must now take it into consideration. That is all.

Thanks Making clearer,how they didn’t pass everything she wanted is sad.

Reactions: 6

From what I’ve read he is the first to be released, not revealing? I might be wrong. What a sucker punch for her family.
---
From what I’ve read he is the first to be released, not revealing? I might be wrong. What a sucker punch for her family.
Sorry I read it wrong. I think they said at the time the first to be convicted without a body. But I’m quoting the Daily Mail 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2

It’s bloody ridiculous that it wasn’t fully passed!

Reactions: 10
I’m watching an old Murdertown Dundee about the vile murderer Robert Macintosh who murdered a woman when he was 15,horrendous.Vile man.

So sad just after release obviously prison didn’t do anything,some of these blokes just have violence in their bones,nothing,nothing will change them ever.Sick,sick.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I’m wondering why this has been released - do we think this is a new admission from the family or the police have been sitting on it?

Either way, there is still no sign of Nicola 😞 I can’t see what this update brings to the investigation or the need for the public to know at this point in time.
Nicola Bulley: Missing mother had issues with alcohol, police say https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64656669

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Poor Nicola, poor family. It still doesnt make it any clearer what has actually happened to her.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I think the police were aware of her vulnerabilities from the start. I don’t know if they have released this now due to all the netsleuths and speculation but this doesn’t sit right with me. If we didn’t need to know this for the last few weeks why do we need to know now?

Reactions: 14
I think the police were aware of her vulnerabilities from the start. I don’t know if they have released this now due to all the netsleuths and speculation but this doesn’t sit right with me. If we didn’t need to know this for the last few weeks why do we need to know now?
Maybe she had MH issues the family didn’t make public, a concern it’s a suicide? I’m onv just speculating.

It’s bloody ridiculous that it wasn’t fully passed!

I think the reason it wasn’t fully passed is because in the rare case that someone has been wrongfully convicted they wouldn’t ever be able to disclose where the body is as they wouldn’t know so would never be eligible to be released. I’m sure that’s what I read or heard on a True Crime podcast and it does make sense really but still awful for the families when someone is obviously guilty but won’t reveal the location.

Reactions: 11
I thought it might be that the press had got wind of it and the police/family decided to put it out there first.

I thought it might be that the press had got wind of it and the police/family decided to put it out there first.
That makes sense. Her poor loved ones. They are not just dealing with this awful situation but also all the speculation and media intrusion.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
i guess the police just weren’t expecting the tiktok internet detective age of attention, and just how much accusations would be thrown at her husband (for referring to their children as “the girls”), their house (for being clean and so obviously the sign of a controlling relationship) and her friend (for wearing mascara). the thread about her here has been eye opening to say the least.

as said above, it’s likely the press have got hold of it or her family have consented to the details being released after the truly awful level of attention aimed at them.

the internet detective thing has to stop tbh. no one knows where the line is anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Christ I do sometimes wonder if the internet would be best just turned off. The BBC article says the police have had to reveal that to try and stem persistent and unhelpful speculation (sleuthing). How exposing for her, and her family must feel awful that such a private thing that wouldn’t usually be revealed has been pressed out in such a way.

Eugh

• Sad
Reactions: 20
The Idaho 4 case went crazy on tiktok a couple of months ago. I think this is probably the first UK case that has run on tiktok like this. It’s like people forget that this is real life and those are real people who are going through an incredibly painful situation who you are accusing of murdering their loved one because you don’t like their facial expression.

Reactions: 18
I am actually glad these details have come out as I think all the speculation will now stop. This explains the police's approach from the beginning and we all kind of knew the police knew something more but we didn't know what. This makes things clearer and I really hope the family get answers soon. But yes it shouldn't have to come to this that something so personal is being unveiled.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.