Real Life Crime and Murder #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it’s the person with the initials DH it would appear he’s a widower father of two girls who has issues with the council and the school where Brianna attended with at least one of his children (though no suggestion they were friends). I fell down the rabbit hole of his Twitter feed earlier and it would appear there has been some children’s services involvement and he is taking legal action against all sorts of public bodies. Unfortunate for him to try to draw attention to his grievances off the back of Brianna’s death, though obviously if there are historical safeguarding failures in Brianna’s school then it deserves attention. He’s risking his narrative getting mixed up with Brianna’s story (as this thread has demonstrated) and should tread more carefully.
I saw those tweets from him, wouldn’t trust him, he keeps changing which school he’s on about lol

Reactions: 1
And it needs to be added to his record of kidnap, rape and murder and also now confirmed indecent exposure
Kind of pales into insignificance compared to his other crimes though. He'll be remembered as a murderer, not as a bloke who whipped his schlong out.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
So basically the two arrested haven’t admitted it yet?
The Police are still investigating so you can hold your horses.
Precisely. There’ll be phones and social media and messages to be trawled still in the search for a motive, regardless of what the two arrested have said. I’m about as gender critical as they come and have no desire to see this tragic case used as a political football, but I’m surprised the police are being so definitive about it not being a hate crime unless there was no prior connection between victim and offender and it was a random stabbing.
---

I saw those tweets from him, wouldn’t trust him, he keeps changing which school he’s on about lol
I think his children have been to a couple of different schools which both happen to be connected to this case (I really did fall deep down that rabbit hole!) but yes, he certainly has a different agenda. Based on his previous posts I also wouldn’t say he was an ally to the trans community so would treat his posts with a degree of scepticism.

Reactions: 6
The reason I don’t think it was a hate crime was because of the ages of the people involved. I they were 25&26 I would’ve been more inclined to think it was because she was Trans.
I can obv be wrong but I just don’t think 15&16 year olds will be that fussed. It’s the norm for them.

Reactions: 3
Kind of pales into insignificance compared to his other crimes though. He'll be remembered as a murderer, not as a bloke who whipped his schlong out.
If only blokes whipping their schlongs out in public was taken more seriously, there might be a few less sex offenders on the streets. I kind of view this prosecution as an arse covering exercise by the authorities to be fair. If he hadn’t gone on to murder Sarah I doubt they’d ever have prosecuted him for her indecent exposure

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Although, iirc the instances of indecent exposure came very shortly before Sarah's disappearance, didn't a member of the public put two and two together and realised it was the same man? Terrible policing, one of their own / bad apple bollocks.

Reactions: 15
The reason I don’t think it was a hate crime was because of the ages of the people involved. I they were 25&26 I would’ve been more inclined to think it was because she was Trans.
I can obv be wrong but I just don’t think 15&16 year olds will be that fussed. It’s the norm for them.
Look at what happened to Sophie Lancaster and her boyfriend, killed by teens because they were goths which wasn’t unusual at the time. Some teenagers are awful and hate anyone different.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
i get your point that teens these days are more liberal (for want of a better word!) but teenagers can also be very cruel and will single out people for any minor differences. it doesn’t take much for them to turn on someone, so i don’t know if their ages can be used as confirmation that it wasn’t a hate crime.

the information is very muddled though. as said above, the details about her being bullied are getting caught up with someone pushing his own case in replies about her. i know she had a tiktok but no clue if she discussed anything there.

either way, like you said in the first instance, we’re not going to know until more details come out. i do find the way some activists have jumped onto her death, and assigned motives to her obviously loving parents, very distasteful.

Reactions: 14
Maybe it's because I'm very cis/straight... But does anyone else feel icky about the whole 'trans teen dead' storyline? She's presented as a girl and when I saw the first picture of her I saw a girl but it's like it's like constant reminder she wasn't a girl? Does that make sense? Why cant she just be a girl and not a 'trans teen'

I wouldnt like my death to be headlined 'STRAIGHT CIS WOMAN'. Like a label? Idk if I'm wording this right 😂
I live in the town where this has happened and our local newspaper hasn’t even mentioned the fact she was trans, wouldn’t have even known she was until people from her school started posting that it must have been because she was trans.

it’s shocked the community, if the two arrested are from her school then it wouldn’t surprise me. The kids there have always had the reputation of being little shits even since I was at school. They used to come on the bus down to our high school after school had finished and start fights for no reason.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I really wish this country would do something about knife crime, it just seems to be escalating

Reactions: 19
Maybe it's because I'm very cis/straight... But does anyone else feel icky about the whole 'trans teen dead' storyline? She's presented as a girl and when I saw the first picture of her I saw a girl but it's like it's like constant reminder she wasn't a girl? Does that make sense? Why cant she just be a girl and not a 'trans teen'

I wouldnt like my death to be headlined 'STRAIGHT CIS WOMAN'. Like a label? Idk if I'm wording this right 😂
Ths is the same with everything I think.. if they are trans why does it have to be said with what is being mentioned.

Ths is the same with everything I think.. if they are trans why does it have to be said with what is being mentioned.
Because someone being trans is important when it’s used to go against them and deny their existence. Now that a literal child is dead and transphobes have blood on their hands (after dehumanizing trans women and supporting anti trans laws), it’s suddenly „just“ a tragic murder and the fact that the girl was trans shouldn’t be mentioned. Suddenly it’s easy to accept a trans girl as simply a girl, because she’s dead now. The mental gymnastics people are doing to immediately say this was not a hate crime, are pretty impressive, I have to admit.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The mail are reporting that Brianna was transgender and that whilst it was a targeted attack there is no evidence that it was a hate crime although they are keeping an open mind. They are wanting to speak to a couple in their late teens/early 20s who were seen close to the scene.
No mention on the BBC that Brianna was transgender, I found out via the Daily Mail. :mad:

The BBC report does mention Brianna was trans. It’s entirely possible at the time the story was first reported that hadn’t been confirmed. There are IPSO guidelines in place which dictate how news outlets should report on trans status, the BBC was likely trying to adhere to them until it knew more.

Reactions: 13
I hate how misinformation is so easily spread on social media. I’ve seen so many posts (from people in Canada?) saying she was stabbed while walking home from school. She wasn’t. Until the news was released everyone thought an escaped prisoner had killed her.

I don’t trust any information that is being spread on social media because it’s just so easy for people to hear one wrong rumour and spread everything out of control.

Reactions: 7
Because someone being trans is important when it’s used to go against them and deny their existence. Now that a literal child is dead and transphobes have blood on their hands (after dehumanizing trans women and supporting anti trans laws), it’s suddenly „just“ a tragic murder and the fact that the girl was trans shouldn’t be mentioned. Suddenly it’s easy to accept a trans girl as simply a girl, because she’s dead now. The mental gymnastics people are doing to immediately say this was not a hate crime, are pretty impressive, I have to admit.
How has transphobes blood on their hands. So far it's been ruled out as a transphobic crime, ofcourse this might change but why are people insisting this is one when the police so far has said it's not.
The police know under what scrutiny they will be because she is trans so they wouldn't just say it's not a hate crime unless they think it is the case

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.