Real Life Crime and Murder #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How has transphobes blood on their hands. So far it's been ruled out as a transphobic crime, ofcourse this might change but why are people insisting this is one when the police so far has said it's not.
The police know under what scrutiny they will be because she is trans so they wouldn't just say it's not a hate crime unless they think it is the case
“Ruled out” and “no evidence at this time” are two very different things

Reactions: 4
The Father who’s been furiously tweeting about his own issue with the same school has given an interview to Sky News. Sorry but does he not think it’s in poor taste for him to jump on this tragedy to push his own agenda?

Reactions: 11
The reason I don’t think it was a hate crime was because of the ages of the people involved. I they were 25&26 I would’ve been more inclined to think it was because she was Trans.
I can obv be wrong but I just don’t think 15&16 year olds will be that fussed. It’s the norm for them.
To be fair I don’t think 25/26 year olds would be too fussed either.
My children are around that age and they went to school with pupils who were trans and they just accepted it as that’s who they were and it was the norm for them.

Reactions: 5
I’m not sure that terribly conclusive - there might all sorts of prejudices at home.

The BBC report does mention Brianna was trans. It’s entirely possible at the time the story was first reported that hadn’t been confirmed. There are IPSO guidelines in place which dictate how news outlets should report on trans status, the BBC was likely trying to adhere to them until it knew more.
So things have changed, there was no mention of her being trans this morning.
(The Daily Mail have said all along she was trans from when the story broke)

Last edited:
So things have changed, there was no mention of her being trans this morning.
The only mention of her being trans in local media was our local mp saying she was contacting the times over using her deadname in their article. It seems the larger news outlets are leading with ‘trans girl’ while the smaller more local Cheshire papers are just using her name.

Reactions: 1
I live in the town where this has happened and our local newspaper hasn’t even mentioned the fact she was trans, wouldn’t have even known she was until people from her school started posting that it must have been because she was trans.

it’s shocked the community, if the two arrested are from her school then it wouldn’t surprise me. The kids there have always had the reputation of being little shits even since I was at school. They used to come on the bus down to our high school after school had finished and start fights for no reason.
I do too. My siblings went to Birchwood high, always had a reputation. That was the reason why I didn't go there and ended up in a school on the other side of town (despite living in Oakwood at the time.) I was still bullied by Birchwood kids and that was in the 90s, I don't think it's ever changed. Its a rough area but people are shocked that this has happened.

• Sad
The Father who’s been furiously tweeting about his own issue with the same school has given an interview to Sky News. Sorry but does he not think it’s in poor taste for him to jump on this tragedy to push his own agenda?
What was the dad's issue?

Wouldn’t trust his comments nasty bastard.The poor lady that is in witness protection had to give up her life as such to hide from this vile villain.

“As I walk free so should she”
Looks like he’s putting his own importance first, should she only walk free because he now is?!!
She should have always walked free, a bit late in the day to be saying stuff like this.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
“As I walk free so should she”
Looks like he’s putting his own importance first, should she only walk free because he now is?!!
She should have always walked free, a bit late in the day to be saying stuff like this.
Not sure why the DM is currently so obsessed with covering this man. I think there's a drama on ITV atm about a crime that involved him which would explain it, but he doesn't seem particularly remorseful about any of his crimes. I can't believe he served such a short amount of time for killing a man due to "road rage". He's a career criminal, i can't imagine he's going to spend the rest of his life tending to his allotment and putting his feet up in front of the telly :rolleyes:

The reason I don’t think it was a hate crime was because of the ages of the people involved. I they were 25&26 I would’ve been more inclined to think it was because she was Trans.
I can obv be wrong but I just don’t think 15&16 year olds will be that fussed. It’s the norm for them.
I don't think their ages really mean a lot. Young people can still have prejudices, it depends what they're reading on the internet and what their families are saying at home. The way the media and certain sections of twitter speak about trans people it's not impossible they've been exposed to anti-trans rhetoric and acted upon it. We don't know the full story yet obviously, it does sound like she's been seriously bullied though.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Wouldn’t trust his comments nasty bastard.The poor lady that is in witness protection had to give up her life as such to hide from this vile villain.

I'm sure she'll be reassured she has nothing to fear because you say that's the case, eh Ken? :rolleyes:

Oh,I didn’t know this.

Never heard of her! It's weird how some cases get so much attention and others hardly anything. That's a long time over her minimum term. 12 years minimum was too lenient though.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.