Real Life Crime and Murder #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i think you’re right. i just saw it shared again and someone says that in the comments - a bit misleading as it keeps being shared with an email about brianna’s bullying (or at least in the ones i’m seeing!) admittedly i didn’t look at the video closely because of how upsetting it is, so appreciate the clarity!
I initially thought it was about her but they've shared it multiple times and changed the accompanying tweet a few times... I think they're replying with it to anyone who tweets about Brianna

Reactions: 1
I initially thought it was about her but they've shared it multiple times and changed the accompanying tweet a few times... I think they're replying with it to anyone who tweets about Brianna
yep :( i think it’s sadly an example of how quickly her murder has become tangled up in a bigger conversation really, rather than just allowing the discussion to be about her (if that makes sense!) i’m already seeing big think pieces about transphobia etc, for which she is used as just an example.

i stand by my original post that the information we have indicates a targeted attack but i think a lot of those tweets are also giving weight to the other side of the conversation.

Reactions: 9
lol your analogy about Christopher Jeffries doesn’t make sense. This isn’t about judging someone who’s ‘a bit weird’, this is looking at what’s happened and coming to the obvious conclusion.
If we find out what happened and it is totally unrelated to trans hate I will eat a daily mail.
Clearly you have no critical thinking skills. The analogy fits perfectly. I’m honestly hoping now it’s not a Trans crime just so I can see you eat the daily fail mail. Please post a video. Not sure why you want to argue with me over it anyway, I’m allowed an opinion just like you

Reactions: 8
Clearly you have no critical thinking skills. The analogy fits perfectly. I’m honestly hoping now it’s not a Trans crime just so I can see you eat the daily fail mail. Please post a video. Not sure why you want to argue with me over it anyway, I’m allowed an opinion just like you
Sorry my opinion has upset you, genuinely not looking to argue just voicing my opinion. Have a good day.

Reactions: 5
I find it hard to believe that the fact she was trans isn't a factor in this but agree we need to wait for further info.
I think the perpetrators must have been known to her if it was the case. I didn't have any inkling she was trans from her photos until it was confirmed.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Maybe it's because I'm very cis/straight... But does anyone else feel icky about the whole 'trans teen dead' storyline? She's presented as a girl and when I saw the first picture of her I saw a girl but it's like it's like constant reminder she wasn't a girl? Does that make sense? Why cant she just be a girl and not a 'trans teen'

I wouldnt like my death to be headlined 'STRAIGHT CIS WOMAN'. Like a label? Idk if I'm wording this right 😂

Attachments

Reactions: 28
Maybe it's because I'm very cis/straight... But does anyone else feel icky about the whole 'trans teen dead' storyline? She's presented as a girl and when I saw the first picture of her I saw a girl but it's like it's like constant reminder she wasn't a girl? Does that make sense? Why cant she just be a girl and not a 'trans teen'

I wouldnt like my death to be headlined 'STRAIGHT CIS WOMAN'. Like a label? Idk if I'm wording this right 😂
i thought the bbc reporting of it was respectful tbh. they used her chosen names and pronouns, which i presume is exactly what she and her family would have wished. she was only referred to as trans when the police were discussing whether it was a targeted attack.

the daily mail on the other hand apparently used her previous name and referred to her as trans from the off, but i’d expect nothing less from them.

• Sad
Reactions: 22

But she was a girl. I get that it hasn’t been confirmed it was a trans motivated attack but I feel that the more these kinds of attacks and bullying are highlighted the more we are forced to address it. Don’t ask me how cos we can’t seem to stop men attacking women or parents attacking their children but the more things are discussed the more (I would hope) people will address their own feelings and talk to their kids/friends/peers.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If it’s the person with the initials DH it would appear he’s a widower father of two girls who has issues with the council and the school where Brianna attended with at least one of his children (though no suggestion they were friends). I fell down the rabbit hole of his Twitter feed earlier and it would appear there has been some children’s services involvement and he is taking legal action against all sorts of public bodies. Unfortunate for him to try to draw attention to his grievances off the back of Brianna’s death, though obviously if there are historical safeguarding failures in Brianna’s school then it deserves attention. He’s risking his narrative getting mixed up with Brianna’s story (as this thread has demonstrated) and should tread more carefully.

Reactions: 6
Don't see the point in prosecuting this tbh. Are they going to add a few years to his whole-life sentence?
There’s every point in prosecuting if there are further victims who have been harassed by that monster. Of course it’s not going to add any years theoretically but that’s not the point.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
There’s every point in prosecuting if there are further victims who have been harassed by that monster. Of course it’s not going to add any years theoretically but that’s not the point.
And it needs to be added to his record of kidnap, rape and murder and also now confirmed indecent exposure

Reactions: 26
And it needs to be added to his record of kidnap, rape and murder and also now confirmed indecent exposure
Exactly just because he’s serving his sentence for the most horrific crime, doesn’t mean the indecent exposure one should be forgotten about. Because what kind of precedent would that set? That indecent exposure isn’t important?

Must be so difficult for Sarah’s family seeing him being prosecuted for offences that were clear warning signs 💔 they are literally in my thoughts everyday.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

I’ve no doubt it was a trans hate crime, but I’ve seen quite a few accounts saying things like “she’ll have to be buried in a suit” and “she’ll have to have her deadname on her headstone because of English law and they can’t put beloved daughter” and that’s giving me a really weird feeling about them using her death to make some sort of bizarre point. From pro trans accounts too, eg india Willoughby.

Her family have released a statement saying their beloved daughter etc so it doesn’t sound like they’ll be burying her in a suit because they considered her male and there’s no reason she couldn’t have her real name or reference to her being a daughter on her headstone (a church might object fair enough but that’s not English law and they object to a lot of things on headstones) so the points aren’t even true, just seems designed to add to the terror trans teens must feel reading the story and about the bullying.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Not sure if anybody is interested,tonight on Crime&Investigation channel 9pm it’s called the bubble&squeak murder.Wife who murdered husband David Jackson.

Not that long ago it occurred.

Reactions: 5
she’ll have to have her deadname on her headstone because of English law and they can’t put beloved daughter”
That’s not true, at all. You can have whatever name you want on a headstone as long as it isn’t offensive. Those sort of comments I see on social media are silly.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.