Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dogtanian

VIP Member
What I canā€™t get on with is the post game waffle from the ex-professionals. All they do is say the bleedinā€™ obvious and spout cliches.
ā€œEngland didnā€™t play wellā€¦ā€.
You donā€™t say, I have eyes and Iā€™ve just watched the game.
Seriously, just show the game, 2 minute sign off and then finish!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
knowing how vicious some fans can be over missed pens/chances i feel for him tbh. i hope (if they lose this game) that he and his family donā€™t get too much nonsense :(
I can remember when David Beckham got sent off in 98. People burned effigies of him and all sorts. Ridiculous.

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Check out this hero :
View attachment 1816380
Like all keyboard warriors, he looks like the sort of guy whoā€™d wet his pants and hide under the bed.
Darren Grimes is a hateful, attention seeking little twat. That is such a flag Shagger comment to make, they just canā€™t let go of things like this. I bet he still goes on about the Germanā€˜s in a similar fashion.

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I can remember when David Beckham got sent off in 98. People burned effigies of him and all sorts. Ridiculous.
not to mention all the racial abuse after the euros too, sports make people lose all sense of reason.

watching it again you can see he had the right idea, he just put too much on it.

Yel

Chatty Member
The BBC refused to broadcast the opening? That just seems silly. Either broadcast the event or boycott it all.

I can't see where to watch it?

LaBlonde

VIP Member
england were honestly the better side for most of the game.

i feel for harry kane really. he looks completely shell shocked and, as said above, i hope he doesnā€™t take too much flack. they wouldnā€™t have been anywhere without him.

my hoped predictions for the results today came true! letā€™s now hope for a croatia morocco final!

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Oh I agree they were shit. But I donā€™t understand why you were glad to see them get beaten?šŸ¤”
Because it is good for the Iranian team who have shown real bravery to turn up and play, not sing their national anthem vs England and then feel forced to sing it half heartedly today only because of the genuine threat of reprisals to them and their families and comments from their government. They needed that win as a reward for their courage.

---

Slow, hesitant, disjointed first half from England. Hope Southgate has a rocket to put up then at half time.

Our Tyler Adams is all over the place šŸ’™šŸ¤šŸ’› (as he has all season for us) but what a bargain we got in him when you hear the figures bandied around for Rice/Bellingham.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Anyone got any idea what Phil Foden has done wrong? Shagged Southgate's wife? This game has been crying out for him.

That said, I reckon Mason Mount has Southgate's nudes.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
i think itā€™s hard to explain to someone whoā€™s english tbh because they donā€™t fully get the isolation of it. the use of us and we. the assumption that you will and should support them (which isnā€™t returned. i remember the bbc using half time of wales v belgium to talk about england) because youā€™re british. the way the tv coverage always forgets theyā€™re addressing the uk as a whole.

whenever i try and explain it to english friends theyā€™re like ā€œbut we would support YOUā€ but they donā€™t understand how itā€™s different. so many people think british = english and it bugs me. but this isnā€™t the thread for my welsh insecurities šŸ¤£
They donā€™t support us though. Theyā€™ve been vile about Wales since we went further than them in 2016. They love mocking Scotland for being shit as well.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
not to mention all the racial abuse after the euros too, sports make people lose all sense of reason.

watching it again you can see he had the right idea, he just put too much on it.
And the behaviour of the fans that night, storming the barriers etc. Womenā€˜s football is so much nicer.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
lmao I'm glad. None of the louts visiting had a problem with visiting Qatar..unless their precious lager is banned

mooseknuckle

VIP Member
Itv commentator saying the most watched TV event of the year, really? They're expecting higher than the queen's funeral for this round?

The England euros final only just beat the Queen.
Thatā€™s what I said šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Then they had scored two and they were like ā€œCan we talk about France now?ā€ ā€œWeā€™re on our way to the quarter finalsā€ Itā€™s so cocky and disrespectful to other teams. I had to put it on mute, main reason people hate England is the media and the commentators. Have to deal with another week of ā€œitā€™s coming homeā€ shit but come on France šŸ‡«šŸ‡· Fucking slaughter them šŸ˜‚

• Haha

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
going to try and not engage with transphobic comments but just putting it out there - i would much rather live in a country that lets people transition without jumping through hoops than one who imprisons people for daring to be anything other than cisgender and heterosexual xx

• Haha
  • Heart

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
This is a good game and completely different to what I was expecting. Itā€™s actually the only game that Iā€™ve been interested in watching usually been doing stuff at the same time as it being on the tv. Although havenā€™t had chance to watch too many as been working a lot (nights)

LaBlonde

VIP Member
when you compare that to this...

View attachment 1796272

they have so much class & respect ā™„
exactly!!

itā€™s weird to me that brazil got so much ott comments about having a dance after scoring goals, whereas argentina can get away with blatant disrespect of their opponents because they have messi and he ā€œdeservesā€ a world cup.

iā€™m officially in the anyone but argentina or england camp at this point šŸ¤£

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
All the pundits don't help themselves. 'This is a missed opportunity' because it would have been Morocco in the semis, as though that would have been a guaranteed win.

This is why everyone jokes 'anyone but England'.
Exactly. The media and pundits lack any awareness as to why the other home nations get so annoyed about them. They act like theyā€™re always the favourites or in with a chance when the reality is theyā€™ve not won anything since 1966. I think that the pressure put on the players by the media is a big part of the reason they always bottle it. Let them go without expectation and they could surprise you but until then get a grip.

Reactions: 6