Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Velvet Hour

Chatty Member
When my son was 3 I moved out and left him in the very capable hands of his father. I was very ill and struggling to keep myself alive let alone anyone else. Mental health has such a sledgehammer impact that sometimes you have to walk away from everything else to be able to get yourself better.
I however kept in touch, paid child support etc and knew what was going on in his life.
When I was better his father & I decided he should stay with him full time as he was settled, in school and doing well. At the age of 14 he choose to come and live with me. I've explained why he didn't live me, why I left and he gets it. He's 21 now and says he'd rather have had me around a few years later than. Not at all (dead). Because that's what it would have likely come to had I not stepped away.

These decisions don't come lightly. It was so fucking hard and I still live with the guilt years later. But I did what was best for both me and my son.
Her portrayal of her mother and her choices upsets me greatly and if I thought my son was spouting the shit she is about the situation I'd be heartbroken and probably back on that suicide intrusive thoughts train.
Every time she brings it up it makes me feel so uncomfortable. She's so thoughtless and self obsessed.

As a mother sometimes we have to make very very hard choices. These decisions don't come flippantly and the worry & guilt that you've ruined your child's life if so very real and deep it never leaves even when your child as an adult tells you that you did the right thing.

I don't hate PTWM, I feel sorry for her that she lacks complete empathy.
Your son sounds a remarkable young man and clearly your constant love has helped you both come through what must have been such a heartbreaking time in your life. Sending lots of warm thoughts from someone who has been there and come out the other side. I had a breakdown 20 years ago and my ex and his partner were amazing , the kids went to stay with them while I was in hospital , brought them to see me when I was more stable and told the kids every day that mum loved them and needs a rest to get better. I don’t think we’d have got through it all without such an understanding ex and also his partner ( who is now his wife.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
She is such a vile hypocrite! Is 'OBSESSED with women's trauma and wants to understand it'???
Where is the understanding for her Mum? Constantly bringing up that her Mum abandoned her at 4yrs old and showing no sign of trying to understand it.
What about the boys' Mum? Where's the understanding there?
Even if you put aside the situations with her own mum and Josh's ex wife, to say you're "obsessed" with people's trauma is just a really odd phrase to use. Surely you'd say "this is something I am really passionate about". Do people who work in rape support centres say they're "obsessed" with rape and sexual violence? Of course they fucking don't, because it would be highly inappropriate and weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
I don’t disagree that it’s nice to see a stepdad having a good bond with their stepchildren but it would be so lovely to see him interacting with his older boys too. Maybe they don’t share interests but as a parent surely the expectation is that you make an effort to get involved with whatever it is they DO like??

I can categorically say I have zero interest in football or basketball but I have never missed a match my kids have played in because I love watching them and being able to talk about how it went with them afterwards. I can’t stand Star Wars, Harry Potter or Marvel but I’ve seen all the films, done the tours and read the books aloud to my children when they were obsessed. I actively seek out experiences for us to share even when they involve subjects I’d rather scratch my eyes out than engage with ordinarily. That’s being a parent, isn’t it?

24E0B8A4-4F6B-47C6-B75A-A5093E7281D8.jpeg

Also I don’t think singing is something they should get excited about Edie pursuing 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Mvamp

Honestly her army are nuts. One word rancid. SAFEGUARDING! This is why you don't share your teenage daughters location to millions of randoms and make sure she knows to do the same. By all means she can ask for advice on things to do there but she doesn't need to broadcast when she's there, where etc.. And no it's not a lovely response it's weird and creepy that some woman none of you know would know who she was and be excited and calm themselves an "auntie". I can't even deal with the bog standard betsy is amazing you should be proud, you've raised her so well after a shit start, she's an angel bullshit comments too

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 48

doingtherightthing

Chatty Member
I’ve not posted for a while but sat silently raging instead!

This women’s centre grips my shit. IF it is funded through the PayPal donations, surely she should be transparent about it and actually, praise all of the contributors as it’s the likes of us that made it happen. Without mugging us all every month, she wouldn’t have a centre. Granted, she’s put it together but, had I known that my monthly donation had gone on fake plants from IKEA, I’d have cancelled long before I did. Instead, I’d have given it to another charity or donated more to a real refuge.

She has told the world her Mum has cancer, therefore making her vulnerable. Now you’d think that given the amount of people R is seeing and mixing with, she would wear a mask to to keep her safe even though it’s no longer a legal requirement. She should even be encouraging her Mum to wear one too.

Yesterday, my anxiety was triggered watching the stories of W running off. Years ago, my cousin was running off down the street whilst my Aunt & Uncle found it hilarious, a drunk driver kerbed it and had it not been that a pedestrian had seen the danger, swooped down and grabbed her in double quick time, my little cousin would no longer be here.
I know it’s something most children do but, as parents, you need to be right behind them and ready to act quickly should danger arise, not be behind them filming for content.
Also, when walking on a path - especially roadside, I was always told to have children walk on the inside, adults on the outside. Not R though, her and J had W walking on the outside, ready to run into the traffic the moment he had the chance.

They either have little concept of danger, or they just don’t give two fucks.

It still blows my mind that a bunch of “trolls” on tattle, care more for the well-being of their children than they do!!

And, just to add…All that Betsy in London shit the other day. Let her grow up for fuck sake. Like someone said earlier up there thread, it’s like a man telling a woman how nice she looks then forcing her to stay in via guilt and manipulation. It’s not not her job to make her Mum feel secure and loved, that’s not how it works.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
I think everyone is judged for doing certain things with their kids that are generally frowned upon. My 14 month old has some physical delays...I know people look at her & can't believe she's as old as she is, but we're getting her the help she needs. My 4 year old has a couple of habits that I KNOW would get talked about on here if I were to present them to the world in instastories watched by thousands. I think the difference here is awareness of the issue & the way it's presented to such a large audience. If it were me, I'd talk about it so as not to appear completely oblivious.
I don’t think there would be judgment here (or at least I hope there wouldn’t be) if she was ever honest about anything. Showing a few seconds every other day of Wilby drinking from a bottle like he’s 4 months old is going to get discussed because it’s not particularly healthy behaviour for a 2 year old. But if she came on and said something like “Wilby’s actually really struggling at the moment with sone extra sensory needs, he won’t eat proper meals and we’re worried about his nutrition so we’ve been giving him formula top ups” I genuinely believe that would be accepted as a decent thing to do and we wouldn’t judge her and assume she’s being lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She is a selfish, jealous, manipulative bitch. My son is an only child, and very spoiled because of this. He recently dropped into the conversation he was going to start looking for his own place. I cuddled him told him that was fantastic and that we would do everything we could to help him. I then went to "sort my wardrobe out", and sat inside said wardrobe and cried and cried and cried. Projecting those sort of feelings onto B was an absolute cuntish thing to do.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
I’ve said it before, the guilt tripping of B is very;

Woman dressed up for a night out with the girls

Bloke: ‘Stay home with me babe, we can get a take away and cuddle on the sofa instead’

DV advocate my arse.

• Heart

Marina30

Hi everyone! I have never posted here before, just lurked for ages. I have had my eyes well and truly opened. She has gone about this women’s centre the same haphazard way she has done her house. Nothing is thought through properly and she spends money like water. That bloody downstairs toilet 😳 I keep expecting to see Zammo from Grange Hill shooting up in there. . .

• Haha

Noseycow2020

VIP Member
She is playing at shops isn’t she. She probably didn’t get to play when she was little because she was abandoned at the side of the road when she was 4 by her toxic mother

• Haha

FridaK

VIP Member
I don’t get it at all. She’s sat her friends house in the lounge, alone, under a blanket, on her phone. But she’s got six kids at home, one of which is a baby that she’s left again with Betsy AND they left Tallulah behind also.
It’s bizarre to me. Just go home 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
Does R ever invite them round to their house for lunch?
I think they went once, when R posed with a gallon of unopened Coke in a desperate bid to pretend she doesn’t drink alcohol?

Maybe it’s normal but I find it really odd that they meet up as two couples regularly during weekend daytimes and don’t have the kids with them half the time. Has Isaac ever been to Astrid’s? Does she even know he exists? I find it sad. They have a toddler too and they would rather ditch the kids and piss off without them and can’t even be arsed to wait for Tallulah to get ready before they leave? Yet Rachel is sad about the prospect of her kids leaving home? Yeah right. She’d not even fucking notice if most of them disappeared tomorrow.

Reactions: 45

Whatever0210

I’ve never commented on this thread before. I just wanted to say, what a horrible manipulative bastard she is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

Mvamp

There's been a lot of focus on how rubbish the centre is structurally etc from rancid atm. So my money is on her opening for a bit to raise he r profile and have the hons laying praise at her door, then once she's bored and found out it's hard work and she can't scam her way through it it'll be some huge bs sob story about how the centre had to close as there was major structural damage they didn't realise, or some danger as a result. She's so gutted and feels for all the poor women who were flocking there in their 100000000s but will do everything she can to support them and find a new location (feel free to send me your go fund me and pp and money to help me on this saintly quest). Cue another poverty tour to find locations and options. Then many mnay excuses to why nothing been found. Possibly a troll post to boot about how we all ruined her centre and report her to people so she has to forewarn anyone about the nasty trolls in advance. Then it'll just disappear with something fluffy or shiny to distract the hons from wondering about it

Reactions: 44

LauraC35

Chatty Member
I wish I’d had somewhere like this to go to for coffee and cake after I escaped from my ex who’d pushed me downstairs, slammed my head in a door and fractured my cheekbone because that’s all I obviously needed to make me feel safe 🤦🏻‍♀️ The rage I feel when I watch the stories of this place coming together, the kip of those c***s farting round IKEA as if it’s just one big laugh and then this today has finished me off! Coffee and fucking cake!!! Fuck off Rachaele you absolute fucking fuckfaced bitch. I could cry I really could 😢

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Chocolate girl

I cant get my head around the womens centre layout.

If it's for vulnerable women who are experiencing DV to escape to then why the hell is the patchwork house name emblazoned all over the front door? Hardly discreet?

Then you have the front entrance/ reception
Shouldnt that just be a basic greeting point where women are met and taken to whichever room they need? Not the main bloody meeting point?

Imagine you are absolutely on your knees, your lowest moment, in an absolute state you walk in to the patchwork centre and you are met by Emily giggling and bitching over the coffee machine, Josh fake tanning in the corner, R eye fucking herself on camera as she rattles on about giving it one of them and a whole gaggle of huns taking up all the space, tagging themselves on insta giving away the location and eating all the free donated cakes...hardly a calming environment

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Imagine her poor mum having awful cancer and she’s still harping on about the abandonment.
I often think as well that understandably she was a small child but there must have been a good reason eg if her mum was suffering poor mental health and felt she wasn’t a safe pair of hands you know? Sometimes in my worst periods I’ve considered whether being here for my kid was actually best for her or if taking myself off to get well would be the right thing. Mums aren’t super heroes we make mistakes and we give up when we shouldn’t or keep going when we shouldn’t. I dunno it all just doesn’t sit right with me when they are in touch now and the woman is poorly

• Heart
Reactions: 42