Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitttkathy

If Betsy turns 17 In august, her mates could have turned 17 on or after 1st sept 2020, they could then turn 18 from 1st sept 21 as our school years go 1st sept (oldest in year ) to 31st august (youngest in year)

my aunt was born 2nd September and my other aunt 11 months later in August of the following year and both ended up in the same school year. However this was back in the 70s when all children took the 11 plus so my older aunt actually went to a better school than my younger aunt and they werent together. My nan had 9 children and they all seemed to go to random different primaries and high schools based on either their gender or whether they passed the 11 plus or not. Very odd.
In parts of kent you can still opt do your 11 plus and go to grammar school. They have four Grammar schools in Maidstone for example

DipsyDoodle

VIP Member
That’s awful... there’s never such a gap here and they are 5 starting not 4 (eta if they’re 4 they’ll be turning 5 in the sept/oct)
I know someone who lived in Scotland for a bit and moved back to England when her son was still 4, and he had to start school part way through the year having never been at all.