PTWM #76 Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey, braces are off but her teeth are wonky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not really getting the thing with Wetherspoons? Where I live it’s full of old men and alcoholics, it’s not a place that kids/ young adults go to. They tend to go to places like Nando’s etc or Frankie & Bennys, until they can go to bars & clubs (when there open.) Wetherspoons is like one step up from a Yates Wine Lodge. I don’t know, I don’t get it 🤔

Reactions: 42
I’m not really getting the thing with Wetherspoons? Where I live it’s full of old men and alcoholics, it’s not a place that kids/ young adults go to. They tend to go to places like Nando’s etc or Frankie & Bennys, until they can go to bars & clubs (when there open.) Wetherspoons is like one step up from a Yates Wine Lodge. I don’t know, I don’t get it 🤔
I live in the same area and if it’s either of the Spoons I’m thinking of then it’s full of old men and they probably wouldn’t even be allowed in as there is always doormen on them 🤔

Reactions: 11
Our Wetherspoons is at the end of my road and it's usually used by families and people in their late 30's/early 40's and oaps.

You get quite a few younger ones in there at weekends after their footy matches.

Wetherspoons are really popular here, especially when its Gin and Real Ale festivals and they are always packed out outside of these too. We have 6 Wetherspoons near to us, the furthest one being 15 mins away 🤣

Reactions: 6
To be fair, none of the towns in Torbay have a Nandos or a Frankie and Bennys. We haven't even had a Pizza Hut for about 5 years 😂 Wetherspoons is always full of old men though you're right, ordering pints with their breakfasts at 8 am.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I live in the same area and if it’s either of the Spoons I’m thinking of then it’s full of old men and they probably wouldn’t even be allowed in as there is always doormen on them 🤔
There's only the one in Paignton open, Torquay and Brixham are still closed. I went in there once a few years ago and I hated it, it was just full of people trying to get as drunk as possible.

Reactions: 3
I got a feeling B boyfriend (think she has 1, unless I dreamed it 😂) could be 18 or over that’s the adult the kids need 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
There's only the one in Paignton open, Torquay and Brixham are still closed. I went in there once a few years ago and I hated it, it was just full of people trying to get as drunk as possible.
Isn’t the seafront one just getting away with it because it’s just chucked a few tables on the green out the back? 😂 I haven’t been to either of the paignton ones and I pride myself on that because they look awful 😂

• Haha
I always preferred the Isaac Merrit to the Talk of the Town. The Talk of the Town didnt have much of an atmosphere but I liked sitting out the back there

I cant lie, I love a Wetherspoons!!

Isn’t the seafront one just getting away with it because it’s just chucked a few tables on the green out the back? 😂 I haven’t been to either of the paignton ones and I pride myself on that because they look awful 😂
Theres always been sitting out the back of the Talk of the Town, they used to have it out the front too.

The Isaac Merrit was a fabulous pub with a brilliant selection of real ales, always clean and tidy but never had outdoor seating

There's only one in Paignton now, they shut down the other one. If they couldn't get in, they could've gone to Scoffs across the road for their crappy chips😂

Also if the other 2 in the bay are shut, doesn't that mean talk of the town will be even busier?

• Haha
Exactly, I love a Spoons as much as the next person but I wouldnt send my group of young kids there on their own...especially on a Friday evening!
Not just that - but actually advertise to all her soldiered where they are going ! Not everybody is genuine !!

There's only one in Paignton now, they shut down the other one. If they couldn't get in, they could've gone to Scoffs across the road for their crappy chips😂

Also if the other 2 in the bay are shut, doesn't that mean talk of the town will be even busier?
OH shows how much I notice, doesn’t it?! 😂 hahaha oh god that place looks so suspect. No chippy gives away that amount of free samples 😂

• Haha
Well that's why they didn't need an adult, the staff will instantly be able to tell that L is 20. Rach got fake id for Betsy too didn't she? When she kept going out pre lockdown in the oh polly dresses.
BCE9CB41-1200-493D-85D6-B64E0F531189.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
So where are your pre teen kids tonight?
Me: movie night, hot chocolate, pizza and cuddles.

Rach: down spoons till kicking out time.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Is this taking the piss, what have either of them ever actually done! I looked at that third profile and she seems to have a lot of information on her page.
Quoting myself here as this hun now blocked me. Well done, what if I was being battered and was looking for advice? Just because I haven't got 100s of followers doesn't make me a troll. They haven't got a working brain cell between the 3 of them.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.