PTWM #76 Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey, braces are off but her teeth are wonky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, none of the towns in Torbay have a Nandos or a Frankie and Bennys. We haven't even had a Pizza Hut for about 5 years 😂 Wetherspoons is always full of old men though you're right, ordering pints with their breakfasts at 8 am.
Yes, but mad really letting your kids go there or them even wanting to. But I suppose it’s based on what’s available to them.
In any case if the Betsy has been served even with food and no adult, they’ve broken the rules at the pub. Everyone under 16 needs an over 18 present to eat.
She and Josh are bad dickheads if they’ve encouraged them to go alone and then shared it, not only irresponsible towards the kids, but the community.

Reactions: 17
They’ll both be getting pissed tonight while the kids are out at the pub.

The mentality of these two ‘parents’ is something I will never understand.
If Ss had been involved with my kids in for five mins sure as hell I would be fricking Mary poppins from that day forward.

Reactions: 14
I’m not really getting the thing with Wetherspoons? Where I live it’s full of old men and alcoholics, it’s not a place that kids/ young adults go to. They tend to go to places like Nando’s etc or Frankie & Bennys, until they can go to bars & clubs (when there open.) Wetherspoons is like one step up from a Yates Wine Lodge. I don’t know, I don’t get it 🤔
Spoons is popular here (I'm in NW) because it's so cheap! There's not much apart from pubs and hairdressers in my town so people go to spoons for predrinks before going out in the next town over. Plus at uni spoons was always the place to go for quick drinks or for a meal 🤷‍♀️ I don't think Betsy going is unreasonable, and even too am extent can see Isaac and Lu going as long as they leave fairly early, but it does seem wrong letting a 7 yo tag along unsupervised... At least they didn't take W too!

Reactions: 13
They’ll both be getting pissed tonight while the kids are out at the pub.

The mentality of these two ‘parents’ is something I will never understand.
If Ss had been involved with my kids in for five mins sure as hell I would be fricking Mary poppins from that day forward.
They can’t be getting pissed, rach doesn’t drink remember

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Excellant parenting again!

They live in a seaside town. There's plenty of places they could have gone for tea. Spoons is so not appropriate on a Friday evening imo. Especially for a 7 year old! Take them to one of the numerous child friendly places.

And on the other side of that, if I was one of the 20 somethings in the area looking to go out and get pissed cheaply on a Friday night after work, I wouldn't want a table full of kids next to me.

Reactions: 23
Exactly, I love a Spoons as much as the next person but I wouldnt send my group of young kids there on their own...especially on a Friday evening!
All the spoons I have ever been in are frequented by the local alkies!

Reactions: 12
Mother Of God what the duck is going on with their attire these days?
Don’t care who you are trousers tucked into socks is horrible.
Edie looking like she’s the burglar her mum is convinced is prowling around their home.
The baby looking like he’s jumped off a multi storey to get into his pantaloons (aka dungarees 🙄🤪)
Josh looking like a Morris dancer
Get a grip you lot, being a dedicated follower or fashion is not for you 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just going to leave this here, this is a man who commented.
For non Devon members, Talk of the Town is where the kids went, Green Ginger is in Torquay and is still closed. It says on their website which pubs are still open, it wouldn't be hard for someone unscrupulous to find out. Not that Rach actually cares.

CCF9B1F1-5524-4FA5-9293-9238B5D0916E.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Socks pulled up over trackies, leggings etc is hugely fashionable across the board right now., here and in the US. particularly with nike or Adidas. It's been around for quite a few years but the last couple it's really blown up.
A big part of it is to show off the logo or bands around the top . Another reason is for a more streamlined / smooth look but it's mainly to show off which brand you wear. Mainly with slides or trainers.

I live in a university city, the students wear it, my children do, the teens at the local high school, everyone on tiktok and loads of my more fashion conscious middle aged women friends.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Mother Of God what the duck is going on with their attire these days?
Don’t care who you are trousers tucked into socks is horrible.
Edie looking like she’s the burglar her mum is convinced is prowling around their home.
The baby looking like he’s jumped off a multi storey to get into his pantaloons (aka dungarees 🙄🤪)
Josh looking like a Morris dancer
Get a grip you lot, being a dedicated follower or fashion is not for you 🤷‍♀️
They are all trying way to hard to be fashionistas! All with their own individual quirky style 🙄

Reactions: 8
How worrying that Betsy doesn’t view them as her siblings but “when I take the kids out”. They have made that girl the third parent. Worryingly she seems to be the most sensible.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Well that's why they didn't need an adult, the staff will instantly be able to tell that L is 20. Rach got fake id for Betsy too didn't she? When she kept going out pre lockdown in the oh polly dresses.View attachment 564175
That’s such a fucked up thing to say about an 11 year old! Jesus Christ if someone said that about my baby, I’d have to be convinced no to kill them honestly!

Why has ratchet started making tallulah and Eddie age beyond their years? Is this her new aesthetic.

Reactions: 12
This is spoons child policy.
Another thing they shouldn’t have done then. She takes the piss with her “parenting”.

I get that teens and even pre-teens start to want more independence but surely you start small? Accompany them to the pub but sit on another table or wait outside the piercing place or go to the fair and wait at an arranged spot for them to find you when they’re done? Blows my mind she is happy to just send them off with a mask and some cash and sit at home with Josh and Wobble assuming they’ll all make it back fine. Anxiety, my arse.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I know we’re not fans of Josh but I do feel for him a little bit when he’s talking about birding and she’s just not interested, or belittles him. You can see the passion in his face just disappears when she makes her stupid comments
F**k him 🤗

Reactions: 2
I don't even think they went to spoons now judging by B's story. it doesn't look like a pub from the background. Maybe the locals will know better?

Think it's just Rach spouting the verbal bullshit as she knows the Huns all lap up the 'my kids are so grown up'

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.