PTWM #76 Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey, braces are off but her teeth are wonky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another thing they shouldn’t have done then. She takes the piss with her “parenting”.

I get that teens and even pre-teens start to want more independence but surely you start small? Accompany them to the pub but sit on another table or wait outside the piercing place or go to the fair and wait at an arranged spot for them to find you when they’re done? Blows my mind she is happy to just send them off with a mask and some cash and sit at home with Josh and Wobble assuming they’ll all make it back fine. Anxiety, my arse.
Yet Rachel reckons she cant leave her house on her own without a member of the house with her?!

I'm wondering if what someone further up the thread said is right, that they've gone with Betsy's new boyfriend who is 18?

But would an 18 year old really want to go on a date with his 16 year old girlfriend, her 2 sisters and her step brother?!

Reactions: 10
Yet Rachel reckons she cant leave her house on her own without a member of the house with her?!

I'm wondering if what someone further up the thread said is right, that they've gone with Betsy's new boyfriend who is 18?

But would an 18 year old really want to go on a date with his 16 year old girlfriend, her 2 sisters and her step brother?!
In Racheleaea’s world yes, of course he would, because they’re the most amazing children to be around and everyone loves them, like so much, it just can’t be explained. The boyfriend will probably send her a bunch of flowers with a congratulatory note about what an amazing job she’s done raising these kids, despite all the horrific things she’s been through, and tell her that he loves them all millions. That’s how it goes in the patchwork house after all!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
This is who she was advertising the other day😳
Posted too soon, it's just come up in advert on this page!
Such a shame cos spotlight electric toothbrushes are fantastic. The difference it’s made to my daughter is amazing

That’s such a fucked up thing to say about an 11 year old! Jesus Christ if someone said that about my baby, I’d have to be convinced no to kill them honestly!

Why has ratchet started making tallulah and Eddie age beyond their years? Is this her new aesthetic.
Is this the start of "well all my kids are growing up so fast and I really want another baby"

Reactions: 7
Does she not check her captions? You can't figure what she goes on about at the best of times but her ramblings would make zero sense if you're deaf! She is a twit!!

Reactions: 6
Socks pulled up over trackies, leggings etc is hugely fashionable across the board right now., here and in the US. particularly with nike or Adidas. It's been around for quite a few years but the last couple it's really blown up.
A big part of it is to show off the logo or bands around the top . Another reason is for a more streamlined / smooth look but it's mainly to show off which brand you wear. Mainly with slides or trainers.

I live in a university city, the students wear it, my children do, the teens at the local high school, everyone on tiktok and loads of my more fashion conscious middle aged women friends.
But just because it’s fashionable doesn’t mean it looks good.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
My daughter is less than 2 years younger than T ( she is 10) and she still likes to wear unicorn t-shirts , leggings and her primark trainers !! Is my daughter majorly immature, is T dressing very mature for her age or do kids just change in 2 years ?!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My daughter is less than 2 years younger than T ( she is 10) and she still likes to wear unicorn t-shirts , leggings and her primark trainers !! Is my daughter majorly immature, is T dressing very mature for her age or do kids just change in 2 years ?!!
My 12 year old has friends who pretty much still dress like that and other who have dressed like Betsy since they were 8 🙄 very much depends on the child and their influences. In my experience those who are exposed to social media (bloody TikTok) grow up quicker regardless of whether they have older siblings. I remember taking my two out with their friends when the girls were 9 and the friend called her boyfriend on her mobile. I was shocked. 9 to me still means ponies and play dough 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 16
Don’t worry. Having been around teens for a good few years now, I can say that T is not the ‘norm,’ per se. A girl of her age may want to experiment with things like press on nails or a little make up, but they would not want to amplify their bodies in bra tops etc (quite the opposite actually, they are more likely to be cautious over showing their developments.) At 12/13 you are more likely to get a mixture of their child like personality with flashes of what they will be as 15/16 year olds. So in a couple of years your daughter will probably have moved on from Unicorns into what music she likes for instance. 12/13 year olds are as a rule still riding bikes but also watching YouTubers or Dance Moms etc just thinking about bigger things that will come for them.

(In this family their is direct competition to be noticed and the girls are performing most of the time. T likes the camera, if the camera is on, she will go out of her way to be in view. Dressing like her Mother and B is just a way to draw the attention to herself and it works, because the huns talk about her the most in the comments. She is very much like Rachael. It’s most likely sub conscious at this point, but she strategises her behaviour to be centre of room, whether it’s the way she dresses or need for emotional support. Interesting really from a psychological POV.)

Reactions: 27
My daughter is 13 and she mostly wears leggings and hoodies. I got her some Adidas leggings for Christmas and she lives in them (I ended up buying a second pair as she wears them so much!). I think it varies, I see kids the same age as my daughter wearing things that I would say are older or younger. Maybe it's different for T as she has an older sister, but I think some of it is down to parenting, I wouldn't buy my daughter clothes that I didn't think were appropriate for her age.

Reactions: 14
I wouldn't say she was majorly immature, but kids do change quickly at that age, particularly from the beginning of year 6 to the end of year 6 and again when they start secondary school

Reactions: 11
My daughter is 13 and dresses in leggings , jumpers & trainers. I’d much rather her this way for sure

Reactions: 12
My daughter is 13 and she mostly wears leggings and hoodies. I got her some Adidas leggings for Christmas and she lives in them (I ended up buying a second pair as she wears them so much!). I think it varies, I see kids the same age as my daughter wearing things that I would say are older or younger. Maybe it's different for T as she has an older sister, but I think some of it is down to parenting, I wouldn't buy my daughter clothes that I didn't think were appropriate for her age.
Interesting that all three girls have been on TikTok and other social media since they were very young (Betsy was commenting on Josh’s Instagram when she was 9) and all dress and behave beyond their years. We all saw what T got up to when unsupervised, we’re now seeing Edie distracted by make up and break ups. It’s just sad and inappropriate.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Me again !! My daughter is an only child so I have no one to compare her to ( not that you should compare , but u get my meanings !) She also is the oldest of her immediate cousins , so again I'm a bit lost !!

I prefer kids to be kids for as long as possible ! I know life is about growing up, but even so , they grow up fast enough as it is ! She doesn't have tiktok or Facebook, but is always watching tiktok on utube , so there goes that idea !!

But kids will be kids , i must be just getting old because when I was their age my parents had me and my brother in matching shell suits and I was still into barbies!! But times change and somrtime u have to just go with it!! X

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh I’ve just remembered from last night. The Tesco AD. Go to the last story with the sound on and listen to the way she says “Zoom in,” to whoever is recording her.
The tone change in her voice made me think ‘oh there she is, the real Rachael.’ 😒

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I honestly think it depends on many things, home influences and especially peer influences, when my 18 yr old was Ts age she wanted full faces of make up, fake tan, fake nails, high waisted white jeans and wanted to be very grown up for her age just like her friends at school. My current 12 yr old isn’t like that at all and lives in leggings jeans hoodies and anything that allows her to run about, she’s not really interested in make up or hair she just likes a bit of mascara, incidentally her friends are mainly boys or girls who are Tom boys so to speak.

R places a LOT of emphasis on looks and clothes, which probably has a massive impact, she’s extremely vain (if only she had the fashion sense to match). They dress very “chavy” in my opinion.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.